Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLove (View Post)
So were the other O6.
They were all cold with Locke because they're in denial and they don't want to go back .. They thought their present life is better than what they had in the island..
All of them said mean things to Locke (except maybe Sayid) one yelled, covered his ears so as not to hear a word Locke is saying, then yelled at him to leave, the other one screamed at him and said dreadful things too.
I really think she was a little cold, and this is not the kate I used to see... I was not expectin this behavior from her, maybe even for jack, or sayid, but even Jack will realize the LB are in dangerous more easy... but whatever, I still loving her, I just don't like her in this episode so much
{Jack♥Kate} {James♥Juliet} {Edward♥Bella} {Lucas♥Peyton} {Meredith♥Derek} {Vaughn♥Sydney} {Mulder♥Scully} {Brennan♥Booth} {Dawson♥Joey} {Ross♥Rachel} {Buffy♥Spike} {Angel♥Cordy} {Michael♥Sara} {Mike♥Susan}

Icon: BehindGreenEyes
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't like this bad Ben side, how dare he kill Locke. Good episode could've been better but I liked it.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilian_fan (View Post)
I really think she was a little cold, and this is not the kate I used to see... I was not expectin this behavior from her, maybe even for jack, or sayid, but even Jack will realize the LB are in dangerous more easy... but whatever, I still loving her, I just don't like her in this episode so much
Gotcha.
But in Kate's eyes last time she saw Locke, he killed Naomi & "banished" her from his camp.. I like Locke but what she said was true, though - that he is still angry and obsessed.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jack was very cold, he didn't even ask about his damn lost sister, jeez he does care eh??

ITA K... Locke is the same man who banished her for like the most stupid thing ever, she didn't like him she never did, they were never friend. so why show any emotion in front of him.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you tatibsblp Jack was cold too, and so was sayid (a little), but IMO, kate was a little more, because Jack showed some emotion (ok, angry and screaming) but this is a kind of emotion... bad emotion, but it's...

But kate was cold, like, "I don't care" she was indifferent and did not show any emotion, even anger.

"No you made it perfectly clear: everyone on the island is gonna die if we don't go back. And the answer is NO"

But I'm ok with that, she doesn't wanna come back, is her right, but you know, even with every O6 saying "No" people are always going to talk about just kate...
Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

because that's Kate...
off the island she is living in denial, she wants to move on, she has a kid to care, to love and protect. she tried for 3 years, that's canon. that doesn't mean she doesn't care about the people they left behind, she has all the right to believe that they might be all dead.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatibsblp (View Post)
because that's Kate...
off the island she is living in denial, she wants to move on, she has a kid to care, to love and protect. she tried for 3 years, that's canon. that doesn't mean she doesn't care about the people they left behind, she has all the right to believe that they might be all dead.
I don't think she was living in denial... I think she doesn't wanna come back because she was happy with her life, she have no reason to come back to a place where she almost died many times... TPTB never showed to us she was in denial, they showed a happy kate, so we have no reason to believe she was in denial

So she changed her mind, we don't know why yet, but probably is because of aaron, I do think the things will be more clear on episode 11.

ETA: And we know, she knows they are alive, maybe she doesn't believe they were in dangerous...
Old 02-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

IMO, the reason for her coldness was because was denial of what she knew to be true. She sensed that he was probably right, but didn't want to believe him because of her fear of the island and of leaving her present life (which was working perfectly for her by then) ..
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^^It was also Locke.

Can you blame her attitude? I cannot because she was doing what a mother would do and any other sane person would.

I'm just ignoring the critics.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLove (View Post)
IMO, the reason for her coldness was because was denial of what she knew to be true. She sensed that he was probably right, but didn't want to believe him because of her fear of the island and of leaving her present life (which was working perfectly for her by then) ..
Exactly. That's what I think too, Kris. It's not that she didn't care about the people still on the island, but at the time her present life was fine. At that point there was no reason for her to leave, other than trusting Locke (who she never really trusted to begin with). Heck even after Jack and Ben confronted her, she STILL didn't want to go back to the island. The thing that ended up convincing her was what ever happened to Aaron.

Quote:
she has all the right to believe that they might be all dead.
She might think that, it's very possible. I actually had assumed she thought that until that scene in 5.04. The scene on Penny's boat when Jack was like "Sawyer's not dead." and Kate said "I know, but he's gone." So now I don't know what to think ...
Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I find it silly that people say Kate was mean towards Locke.

Well, who blew up a submarine, turned the donkey wheel, accidently killed Boone, killed Naomi, blew up the Flame, destroyed the hatch, and what not?

Never mind. I'll let the folks wallow some more.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

if you know Kate if you really know Kate, you'll be able to se that she is denial, that one of the thing about her character.
she was happy off the island. at first she was, like everybody did, until the world started to crumble. she said it herself
she tried to forget for 3 years everything that happened the day they left.

gone can mean couple of thing, she believes he is dead or she knows she ever is going to see him again.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Kate knows the others are alive...

That's what darlton are showing to us...
Old 02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

when??? which episode???

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatibsblp (View Post)
when??? which episode???
TLP:

"Sawyer's not dead." "I know, but he's gone."

Last Episode:

"No you made it perfectly clear: everyone on the island is gonna die if we don't go back. And the answer is NO"

???????

So, why I'm supposed to believe that she thinks they are dead? Based on that evidence?

If Darlton wanted to show that Kate believes that everyone was dead, they would show it in the show. And they are showing exactly the opposite.