Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerdrogo (View Post)
Are you kidding me? When did these B-Sides leak?
They weren't leaked. I just remember those tracks that were supposed to be on VLV.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
They weren't leaked. I just remember those tracks that were supposed to be on VLV.
Oh, ok thanks I just assumed.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
This EP is most likely gonna have all the tracks that didn't make it on VLV. Songs like Poppy Fields, Leftrightleftrightleft, Glass of Water...just to name a few.
Although Guy said a lot of songs they wrote were better than B-Sides and would make it on to the next album, so I reckon we'll only have about 4/5 songs with half of those we have never heard of.
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic
Old 09-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think im gonna adore leftrightleftrightleft

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 09-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Total Fan

Yeah it just sounds like a cool song . Poppy Fields sounds like it could be another Strawberry Swing for sure, and I love that song so I'm hoping we get that sometime soon!!
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic
Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah seems kinda fun probably, i bet on something like Lovers in Japan

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Roadie #42 - Blog #23
August 31, 2008 7:02 pm
#42 reports from last night's BBC show

Like the school summer holidays, our three weeks at home went all too fast. In many ways, starting again at the BBC is perfectly consistent with the "back to school" analogy. The BBC has that wonderful institutional feel, a similar must and polish smell and a strict adherence to regulations that is at first mildly annoying, but eventually becomes quite endearing.

We're at the BBC Radio Theatre today, in the West End, which I'd guess holds around 250 people. The stage is undoubtedly the smallest space we've tried to fit the gear into on this tour so far. There's a good deal of juggling and repositioning until it all begins to make sense.The soundcheck is a relaxed affair, with Chris dropping into Gravity (as per 24th June 2003 in the Timeline) at the piano for a brief moment. Chances of this making it into the set are well below slim I'd say, as Jonny didn't even recognise it and Chris couldn't remember half the chords. I've always loved that track myself though. Easily the best song they've never released!

After the soundcheck, it's a quick run around the BBC buildings to do a couple of radio interviews. It truly is a one stop shop here at the BBC! First up is Dermot O Leary, possibly the most affably chipper man in broadcasting. Dermot goes onstage to warm up the crowd and introduce the band later this evening, so it's a nice way to hook up with him prior to the event.

Then it's on to Steve Lamacq. Once described by Mr. Buckland as "like the Yoda of radio", Steve gave the guys their first huge step up on British radio (as per 25th Feb 1999 in the Timeline) with a live session before they even had a proper record deal. There's laughter aplenty, then a rather out of the blue announcement of future plans. Steve has Michael Stipe on the phone for an interview, so the fellas chat with him and talk about plans for an EP, asking him to choose a name for it. It's a multiple choice question, but he's emphatic in his view, so it looks as though he's settled the matter of what the next Coldplay release will be named (no doubt Anchorman will be making that official before very long). There was also time for Will and Jonny to check the football scores...

There is really very little point in me describing how the gig went, as it went out live to radio.

There was a particularly amusing roadie tale doing the rounds as stage-time approached this evening, though. Apparently, the lampies loaded in and started programming the previous night. Now, when pointing beams of light, it's much easier to see them if there's a bit of "fog". Apparently, Sparky (our lovely lighting man) dutifully checked that there would be no trouble with smoke detectors. After being assured that all was well, he pumped out a rather generous amount, ready to get to work. Somewhat inevitably, the BBC's smoke detectors had a major panic attack. This led to the whole building being evacuated. Apparently the BBC chaps were most apologetic to him and took the heat (probably not the best phrase under the circumstances, I agree...). They assured all concerned that their errant fire alarm system had been recalibrated and that all would be well. The fire chief was less than sure and insisted that before he leave, the smoke machines were fired up again. Needless to say, alarm bells and flashing lights ensued and all and sundry were out on the pavement once again. Apparently, the result of all this fun and games was that Radio 3 and Radio 4 ended up being off air for some time. Now if this man's smoke machine trigger-finger can bring down two national radio stations, empty an entire building and summon half the London Fire Brigade, you really do have to wonder what it was he did that earned him the nickname Sparky...

R42
From Coldplay.com
Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

thnx for the thread and the news guys

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The soundcheck is a relaxed affair, with Chris dropping into Gravity (as per 24th June 2003 in the Timeline) at the piano for a brief moment. Chances of this making it into the set are well below slim I'd say, as Jonny didn't even recognise it and Chris couldn't remember half the chords. I've always loved that track myself though. Easily the best song they've never released!
Man, that sucks. Gravity is such a lovely song.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

' Gravity' is one of my favourites !
Old 09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Total Fan

Yeah it gives me shivers down my spine everytime I listen to it. Such a shame it isn't heard about more at concerts and in things like this.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it took me a while before i heard it for the very first time. and it was LOVE.

They did play it on the Valby Hallen concert

'honeey'
Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
[Live Report] Coldplay @ Zenith, Strasbourg, France

The show isn't until tonight, but the big news from Coldplaying.com so far is that Cemeteries Of London has been soundchecked in strasbourg today, and there is a great possibility they may play it live tonight. The track from the new album Death And All His Friends has never been played live... yet.

Chris Martin has described it as their "ghost march" and he is clearly trying to tackle the big questions as he sings about a supernatural and religious quest. This, along with a few other tracks, brings to mind the resonant 1980s stadium rock of bands like U2, Genesis, Simple Minds and Marillion.

Pre-Show Updates from Chavi:

11.30 We're at the venue and spoke to a roadie, ****in excited!
12.47 They came in but didn't stop, phil was there too
13.04 (Answer to mimi's question) I waved my banner, hope they read I screamed Phil and will Like mad when they got out the car, I think they both smiled yay
13.43 They're doing soundcheck right now, only playing Violet Hill, frustrating cause we can't get in
14.24 Just saw Guy cause he went out to smoke, bit hid behind a car, I'm a bit sad have to go back in the queue people are starting to gather
14.36 We can't get closer because of security tried to give flyers to roadies but wouldn't come and take em bummer!
15.27 Holy ****! they went back for souncheck and played CoL! they ****in read my banner which says: 'play the amazing cemetries of london please' weeeeeee.
CoL. I so hope they perform it!

Quote:
Michael Stipe: "A Band As Good As Coldplay Is A Rarity"

Michael Stipe has heaped praise on Coldplay, saying a band as good and genial as them is a rarity.

He gushed in the BBC6 interview on Saturday: "For me, having been around for 28 years, doing this, I’m thrilled when a band like Coldplay come along. I think great! Here are some contemporaries I respect what they do and they’re really smart fun people great people to be around and they’re very close friends."

Elsewhere in the interview, Coldplay revealed that their fifth studio album will be released in December 2009 to cap off an incredible decade for the four-piece. The band's frontman Chris Martin made the revelations in a very special interview with R.E.M's Michael Stipe on BBC6music over the weekend.

Asked by Stipe if it was true that new material was on the horizon, Martin responded: “We’re going to put an EP out at Christmas called 'Prospekt's March' and we’re going to release an album next December to end the decade."

source: COLDPLAYING.COM
Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ALRIGHT !!!! COL i really hope they'll play it.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

And i'm not there I hope my teacher is gonna bring pictures!