Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Ehh...not gonna spoil it, but I really don't know what to think of it. It seems like the writers wrote it from a writer's perspective, not really from Ashley's perspective. I didn't hear Ashley's voice consistently enough. There were some funny moments, but not really Ashley funny. I don't know how much of it is actually believable considering the Ashley we know and love from the first few seasons. I'm okay with the vulnerability because that humanizes her and allows us to relate with her, but the diary seems to contradict the actual character, if that makes any sense. As for the writing, it was extremely easy to read, like you'd expect from a diary. Not too much complexity in the writing itself.

I'm keeping in mind that not everyone will agree with me on this. I'll keep a civil tongue!
LIVE WITH THE MUSIC
Old 06-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Is anyone else confused about Ashley's age? It's always bugged me. She was 13 in the pilot and now she's 15. Everyone else, though, has only aged one year during these seasons. Between S1 and 3, Grace and Amy were clearly 15 and turned 16, but Ashley's gone from 13 to 15.
You put your arms around me and I'm home
"Did you love me?" "Yes. Especially now."
Puck/Quinn
Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I imagine this is a plothole Crissy, it really doesn't make sense.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Passionate Fan

They might've aged her just to get her in on the action with the rest of the gang? Although I entered high school at 13 years old, so...
LIVE WITH THE MUSIC
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

So, not surprising but Ashley was a brat tonight. I thought for a moment that she was really caring for Amy about going to that program but I really think it's because she can't wait to kick Amy out and help herself to Ricky. So sick.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

It's not about the age that she was when she entered high school. It's how she's aged faster than the other characters. It could be that she has an early birthday, but the "birthdays" aren't consistant. It's like she must have had two in a year or something. It's weird.
Puck/Quinn
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Maybe her quick aging has to do with her storyline with Ricky. If she was 13 and she and Ricky were getting into a relationship, or WHATEVER is going on, it would be even sicker. However, i still think the concept of Ricky and Ashley together is vile. Who knows?
LIVE WITH THE MUSIC
Old 06-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that would be really awful if they adjusted the age just to make this already sick storyline work to try and be less sick. That's probably what happened. Brenda Hampton and other writers if there are any were all in a room talking about what season 3 will be like and Brenda says "OH! I've got it, let's have Ashley hit on Ricky and he'll like it!" And then they are like "Well, Ricky is 17, and Ashley is 13, wouldn't this be wrong of Ricky to do?"

Brenda scratches her head. "OH I've got it again! She will be 15 this season, nobody will catch on, if my viewers are anything like the naive characters I've created they'll never know!"
Other writers scratch their heads.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

If she were aging normally, she'd be 14 and turning 15 soon. The aging SHOULD work, but it's weird.
Puck/Quinn
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Ok I do not like Ashley at all this season. She's turned so snobby and I don't like the fact that she's falling for Ricky

Sorry to all the Ashley lovers, but she's just useless to me now
Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

No, I agree, Gracie. I loved Ashley in the previous seasons, but she's acting so...ugh right now. I want the old Ashley back.
Puck/Quinn
Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Yeah she used to be my favorite character. Other than Adrian

The stupid producers are changing the characters up so much now I don't know who to like anymore
Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Down with Season 3 Ashley!
LIVE WITH THE MUSIC
Old 06-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Monday's episode will probably be the turning point for me I'll probably be so disgusted that I'll rip my name from the shippers list haha.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't like Ashley as much as I did in Season 1, but I don't think Monday's episode is going to influence my opinion on her. Sure she can be annoying, but she's one of my favorite characters and also has common sense, even if she doesn't seem to use it much right now. She's just going through a stage that pretty much all teenagers go through. No one should expect her to be perfect.

I don't think anything's going to happen between her and Ricky, maybe just a kiss, but I can't see Ricky trying to do anything with her. He wouldn't want to risk the new friendship with Amy or the possibility of not getting to see his son as much anymore because no one can trust him and Ashley in the house together.

I understand Ashley for having some interest in Ricky. She sees something in him, apparently, and she likes the process that he's made because of his son. I think they'll want to test the relationship (or whatever) at some point, but I don't really think we have anything to worry about. I doubt they're going to make Ashley have sex anytime soon, or at least not with Ricky.

|| NH ♥ PR ♥ LP ♥ RAd ||