Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tanya I know not even an internet hug can ease that stupidity of what you went through but about 99% of internet users get angry if they don't think exactly what you do.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Tanya I know not even an internet hug can ease that stupidity of what you went through but about 99% of internet users get angry if they don't think exactly what you do.
Very true..

And thank you for your words

Btw, I didn't know that was your tumblr so I'm now following you
Old 11-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay I saw that
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Awww Tanya I need to give my girl a huuuge

Oh and one to my girl Erin while I'm at it. Missed you.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
I can agree. We all say things we don't follow through on. I think for the most part Shai lives what she says. The hair dying thing, she probably said that at a time when she may've never thought she'd ever have to dye her hair for a role. Realistically, in Hollywood, that's just not possible, especially if you plan on having a long, successful career. At some point in your career a part that you really want is going to come up, it's going to call for you to dye your hair, and either you do it or you lose out on a role you want. The same goes for doing independent films vs blockbusters. It's very hard to have a long, successful career in Hollywood doing solely independent films. You don't have to do all blockbusters but it's good to do a few independent films along with a few blockbusters. If she had turned down the 'Spiderman' and 'Divergent' roles, we would've been asking WTF she was thinking. Personally, I don't think she cares one way or the other if the film is low-budget or not. I think she looks for a good script and director, regardless of the films budget. I love that she's getting these amazing opportunities doing something she obviously loves so much.
I totally agree with you 100%...Shai is just starting to get famous and some people will like her and some will not...she just need to keep doing what she's doing now by making great movies to showcase her talent all the time!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Loyal Fan

The pictures are so gorgeous
Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

See Grits I agree with you on the big roles. Its one thing to go out and intentionally audition/go after for these roles, but when they are 'offered' to you, you would be viewed as a not serious actor to turn them down without just cause.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I remember when I heard she turned down Carrie remake I was a little disappointed but it makes perfect sense now. Accepting that one would have really been "riding the wave" as she said in interviews and she only wanted to do movies she is passionate about. I am so glad she didn't take that role.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa93 (View Post)
I remember when I heard she turned down Carrie remake I was a little disappointed but it makes perfect sense now. Accepting that one would have really been "riding the wave" as she said in interviews and she only wanted to do movies she is passionate about. I am so glad she didn't take that role.
I still think it is a shame she turned that movie down, but, that is just me I guess.

Cee Cee
Old 11-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think it would have been a fantastic hallenge but unfortunately remakes almost always fail to live up to the original movies. Her performance would have been scrutinized and dissected, no matter how good and compared with Sissy Spacek in the original. It's probably a lot of pressure to remake such an iconic movie and character. Besides, I think if she took that movie she might not have these other wonderful projects on her filmography. I guess as they say, everything happens for a reason
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa93 (View Post)
I think it would have been a fantastic hallenge but unfortunately remakes almost always fail to live up to the original movies. Her performance would have been scrutinized and dissected, no matter how good and compared with Sissy Spacek in the original. It's probably a lot of pressure to remake such an iconic movie and character. Besides, I think if she took that movie she might not have these other wonderful projects on her filmography. I guess as they say, everything happens for a reason
I was really happy when I found out that she had to say no, by schedule or whatever. not have to do every thing that comes to the table, whether blockbuster, iconic or indie and weird. etc
This role is for a 12 year old girl (well, Chloe is 15, but anyway).

well TSN join twitter is @SpecNowMovie in case anyone is interested
Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cee_cee_ (View Post)
I still think it is a shame she turned that movie down, but, that is just me I guess.
The underlying plot of that movie was demonizing the female period/menstruation. The minute Carrie went completely bezerk was when she got her period for the first time and the girls laughed at her in the locker room and threw her pad around. It is said it was supposed to symbolize that women on their cylce are mentally unstable/have horrific mood swings or whatever. Given Shai's stance on feminism and the life blood and all that .. . . . . accepting a role that portrayed that in a negative light would have been really going against her beliefs.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Passionate Fan

as we have no new news:
look like the cast has grown in white bird.
Shailene Woodley
Eva Green
Christopher Meloni
Shiloh Fernandez
Angela Bassett
Gabourey Sidibe
Dale Dickey
Mark Indelicato
Tia Barr
Michael Patrick McGill
Brandy Futch

I guess as they shooting, will be reported more
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the update Deb

Cee Cee
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

such a talented cast! For some reason I believe this will be another festival movie..maybe Cannes, TIFF.