Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Ben Boykewich/Kenny Baumann #2: Because deep down he's still the guy you can rely on.

Welcome to the 2nd

Kenny was born August 8 1989 in Urbana, Illinois, and grew up in Abilene, Texas. His family owns and operates a miniature-horse ranch and wildlife rescue there in Texas. Ken is inspired by the work of Kurt Vonnegut, Albert Camus, Michael Haneke, Martin Scorsese, Stanley Kubrick, Francis Bacon, James Brown and Erich Fromm. Aside from acting, Ken enjoys reading, writing, photography, music and improv comedy. He is a founding member of BRAIN, an artist collective. One major accomplishment he can boast about is having already written his first book called 'Interim'.

He is good friends with Cody Linley, an actor best known for his guest appearance on Disney's Hannah Montana and his fourth place finish in Dancing with the Stars.

Ken Baumann started acting at the age of 11 in New York and Texas. He moved to L.A. at age 14 and almost immediately landed a role as one of the leads in a pilot for Fox alongside Alan Ruck and Kristen Johnson, penned by famed playwright Nicky Silver. Most recently Ken shot the independent feature "Springbreak 83" with a cast that includes Jamie Kennedy and Joe Pantoliano.

In an interview with Blog Talk Radio, Baumann was quoted as saying that he was attracted to the role of Ben on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" because "he’s very loving; he’s very sweet and of course, the comedic stuff is also really fun to play as well."

Ben is currently an expectant father who is having a baby with Adrian Lee. He was dating Amy Juergens and was willing to marry her ...and all of fifteen. He's a romantic at heart -- maybe it has something to do with the fact that his mom passed away when he was younger. He's also pretty well-off, being the son of the Sausage King, Leo Boykewich. (Does that make him the Sausage Prince?) He is best buddies with Alice and Henry (aka Hank) and a friendship with his former enemy Ricky Underwood. But with all the dramas with their baby mamas can they ever be real friends?

Adie010 (Adie)
BlackHalo (Taneya)
GodsGirl4Life
othgirl32223
ThePrettySophia
Rona Jo
Haley Scott
Princess Pinky
Scribbled Pretty
vivalalove
Demonic Angel Clone
ღMitra

1. Because he has a good heart.
2. Because he cares about Amy
3. Because he'd do anything for the woman he loves
4. Because he wants to to wait for sex
5. Because he paid Adrian $250 to go see Amy before she went to the clinic
6. Because even though it makes him crazy jealous, he made Amy call Ricky when she was in the hospital
7. Because he respects his dad and looks up to him
8. Because he still visits his mother's grave on the anniversary of her death
9. Because even though he's skinny and dorky, we still find him adorable
10. Because he's always trying to do the right thing

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

I have edited the page slightly as it was a little out of date - saying Ben and Amy were dating. I can edit it more later or if anyone else has any ideas let me know and I'll edit accordingly.

Cee Cee
Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, Cee Cee! Thanks for editing it
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome! TFTNT
Old 03-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Thanks girls

I very, very quickly edited a very minimal amount of the OP, if anyone can suggest anything else please let me know.

Cee Cee
Old 03-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

Cee Cee
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

This article is about Ken, the show, etc. He also talks about his thoughts about the Secret Life "drinking" game.

Quote:
When he’s not on camera or out enjoying himself with his buds, Baumann can often be found writing. He’s an aspiring novelist with one book already out to publishers, another in the works. “I’ll keep throwing things against the wall and see what sticks,” he says.

The self-admitted art and book nerd also has his own publishing entity, Sator Press. Flying in the face of all current trends, he publishes books on paper, “but limited to small runs, a thousand copies or so. It’s a tough business, certainly, books. But it’s worth it. When I get an order on my e-mail account, well, I shouldn’t be that thrilled going to the post office — no one should be — but I am.”

He’s also done an internet literary journal of fiction and poetry, and “I may start the online endeavor again,” says Baumann, who is erudite enough to make phrases like “online endeavor” sound perfectly natural.

He looks forward to more writing, more acting, more “Secret Life,” with all its challenges and strangeness. For instance, the time, recently, when “I was at an old local Tex-Mex restaurant in Abiline with my family, and the waitress squats down next to the table and says, ‘My manager is hiding just around the corner there. She’s a big fan.’ She had the waitress come and do the dirty work for her,” he recalls good-naturedly. Being an amiable sort, Baumann, who grew up on his parents’ miniature horse ranch and animal rescue in Texas, went and coaxed the manager into saying hello. “We ended up talking a long time. It was pretty cool.”

As for his feelings about the infamous drinking game wherein “Secret Life” viewers take a draught of beer or booze at every mention of “Sex” on the show (one count for a single episode reached a whopping 70 instances of the S word), Baumann says, “Oh man. I pity the poor fools who play that game. They’re going to get alcohol poisoning in 15 minutes. Yeah, I think the sex drinking game is the quintessential ‘Secret Life’ spinoff. I think it’s funny.”

With all that sex, naturally, babies abound on “Secret Life.”

”At one point it was, like, four babies. It’s baby city on our set.” And how is that? “They’re great, so far, very professional babies.” Baumann laughs. ” I’m kind of a sucker for babies and young kids, so maybe I’m not the most objective one to ask. I just love kids.”

It’s a good thing.

Cee Cee
Old 03-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

LOL, I'm glad that he mentioned that it's a lot. Thanks for bringing that over!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dude that's awesome that the drinking game is getting some notice.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

New article from Ken, he talks about Ben, the cast, etc.

Tommy2.net

Cee Cee
Old 03-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting, Cee Cee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
Dude that's awesome that the drinking game is getting some notice.
Haha, I know! I even saw a post about it the other day on Tumblr I hope it gets more popular...but then again, that's kind of wishing a death sentence on the SL audience
Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

Mitra.

Cee Cee