Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Yeah, that was so strange. I did like how Pacey handled the situation though, fearless and scared to death all at the same time. And he still wanted to make sure she was okay. They just don't make guys like him, no wonder he ruined it for so many by setting such high expectations for women everywhere
I also felt like Pacey was kind of a jerk - he didn't so much lose his job as throw it away and get lots of other people fired. I couldn't tell if Pacey was handling the situation in the car or just joining in the self destruction.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I also felt like Pacey was kind of a jerk - he didn't so much lose his job as throw it away and get lots of other people fired. I couldn't tell if Pacey was handling the situation in the car or just joining in the self destruction.
Pacey wasn't being a jerk at all. It was actually a coup d'état which means it was a group decision, Pacey was merely the spokesperson for that group. If you recall, one of the guests asked if it was "reciprocated" by the group and one of them spoke up and said is was very much reciprocated.

I don't know about what Pacey was really thinking in the car. I started out very scared, so thought he might be trying reverse psychology on her.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm assuming you are talking about S5?

Not too long ago I rewatched all the Pacey scenes from seasons 1-4. I think I may have skipped an ep or two in S2 but otherwise yeah, I rewatched it all because it honestly had been years. I also rewatched some of the Pacey and Joey eps in the later half of S6 but I haven't gotten around to rewatching yet. Isn't that the season he dates Audrey? What kind of season is it for Pacey...good stuff or not our favorite season? I really don't remember but I'll probably watch either way just bc I love Josh more than anything.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I'm assuming you are talking about S5?

Not too long ago I rewatched all the Pacey scenes from seasons 1-4. I think I may have skipped an ep or two in S2 but otherwise yeah, I rewatched it all because it honestly had been years. I also rewatched some of the Pacey and Joey eps in the later half of S6 but I haven't gotten around to rewatching yet. Isn't that the season he dates Audrey? What kind of season is it for Pacey...good stuff or not our favorite season? I really don't remember but I'll probably watch either way just bc I love Josh more than anything.
I'm not a good one to ask because pretty much any scenes with Pacey are good scenes.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:42 AM
Extreme Fan

There's a lot to love in s5 for Pacey. He's unbelievably hot in the third ep when he's talking to Joey. He's a really good friend to Dawson in ep 4 and pretty much all their scenes after that. Though Dawson might not have agreed, Pacey was exactly right about Joey in the 20th ep.

I like Pacey with Audrey, but it's no Pacey/Joey.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Then there's the Pacey that tries yet again to save the girl when he tries to make Karen realize she's better than she is and that hooking up with her married boss is not good for her. He's not judgemental, he just cares which is so Pacey

Old 03-23-2017, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I've been rewatching s6 - if I fast forward through all the Dawson stuff and anything with Eddie, it's mostly okay. But Pacey's all I want respect, I need money, which is irritating.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Josh apologized for S5 but I like S5 Pacey better than S6 Pacey.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Josh apologized for S5 but I like S5 Pacey better than S6 Pacey.
What do you mean he apologized?
Old 03-23-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What do you mean he apologized?
There is an interview out there somewhere where they are talking to Josh about the show and S5 was brought up and he said "yeah, sorry for that" (or something similar).

Old 03-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

He's also talked about how exhausting 22 episodes is and said there's always that point late in the season and everyone is just tired. I also remember an interview where he said something about the writing not being great in later seasons. (do not disagree!)
Old 03-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't read the article yet, but thought I would put it here anyway.

Forever Young Adult‏*
@4everYA
Hot take: #Dawson’sCreek has one of the greatest television finales of all time. Read about it. The DAWSON’S CREEK Rewatch Project: All Good Things Must Come To An End | Forever Young Adult

I liked this tidbit from the other article in the PJo Thread.

The Inessential Guide to Dawson's Creek — Clear Eyes, Full Shelves

Quote:
About 20% of the show is such satisfying entertainment that it makes up for the 50% mentioned in point #2.*
90% of that 20% is thanks to Pacey Witter.

And this one too

I knew I couldn't sit through all six seasons, so I carefully "curated" (god, I hate that word that's so overused it's now meaningless) my viewing, focusing on the Joey-Pacey story arc and other key episodes.
Clearly she is a Pacey fan

Quote:
Pacey Witter.
Clearly the best character on the show. (Though Jen could have been if they'd stretched her character a bit through better writing.) The show should've been called Pacey's Creek is what I'm saying... Originally written as Dawson's goofy sidekick best friend, Joshua Jackson's character stole the show as a sarcastic, yet good-hearted guy, who's kind of a hopeless romantic.*

Andie McPhee.
I don't know guys... Andie is a super smart girl and she dates Pacey and since Joshua Jackson has ridiculous chemistry with everyone, their relationship is totally believable and sweet. Unfortunately, I always feel guilty talking about Andie because must of what I like about her character is the way she was a catalyst for Pacey's transformation over the course of season 2 from a supporting role to the obvious star and most compelling character on the show...

Last edited by JJH85; 03-29-2017 at 06:02 PM
Old 04-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww Pacey and Jen. They never had a lot of scenes together but when they did... boy were they great.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aww Pacey and Jen. They never had a lot of scenes together but when they did... boy were they great.
They were great in the moments they had. They were kind of underrated too.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread