Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

It's cool. I noticed in the season 1 credits that KH had fourth billing. I must have forgotten. In the season 2 credits, she had second billing. I wonder if Joey wasn't supposed to be as popular as Pacey and Jen

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
It's cool. I noticed in the season 1 credits that KH had fourth billing. I must have forgotten. In the season 2 credits, she had second billing. I wonder if Joey wasn't supposed to be as popular as Pacey and Jen
Interesting, I never noticed that, but then I usually skip right on by the opening credits.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

thanks

I was very surprised. I thought Joey was supposed to be more popular than Jen in season 1. I watched Decisions. It had been a long time. The music was exactly the same. I think some of the music was in the series finale too. It showed another instance where Pacey had more of an influence over Joey than Dawson. She spends four hours on a bus with Dawson to see her father and then goes to see him and barely talks to him. She talks to Pacey a day later and he talks about what happened when he was little and she connects with it so much that she decides to talk to her father again and tell him how she feels

Old 10-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Personally, I didn't really like Joey in S1. I felt she was so mean to Jen when she was nothing but nice to Joey. I know she was jealous of her over Dawson and in general but I thought they made Joey a b*tch in S1.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

I freakin' loved Joey in Season 1 and I wanted her to get everything she wanted. I remember hating Jen. During my rewatch (in a more grown up age), I feel super guilty about that b/c she was such a great person.

There was a scene where Joey apologized to Jen though.. I forgot everything that was said but it was in the general vicinity of how Joey really didn't have much growing up and when the few things she had was in the process of being taken away, she fought with everything she had to hold onto it.

Quote:
She spends four hours on a bus with Dawson to see her father and then goes to see him and barely talks to him. She talks to Pacey a day later and he talks about what happened when he was little and she connects with it so much that she decides to talk to her father again and tell him how she feels
I loved that scene..Pacey worked his magic and ($20) and was able to get Joey access to see her father. Joey returned the favor in Season 3 when Pacey needed to get into the mental facility to see Andie.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)

I loved that scene..Pacey worked his magic and ($20) and was able to get Joey access to see her father. Joey returned the favor in Season 3 when Pacey needed to get into the mental facility to see Andie.
That is a great parallel that I never thought about before.

I had mixed feelings about Joey in S1. I wanted her to get the boy (Dawson), but I didn't like how she treated Jen. Jen didn't deserve that at all.

I did like that Pacey was there for Joey when she needed him. They may have hated each other, but there were certainly a bond there in S1.

Last edited by JJH85; 10-07-2018 at 07:34 PM
Old 10-09-2018, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally, I didn't really like Joey in S1. I felt she was so mean to Jen when she was nothing but nice to Joey. I know she was jealous of her over Dawson and in general but I thought they made Joey a b*tch in S1.
agree. I remember watching it in season 1 and thought Joey was mean to Jen. Joey makes a comment in the Breakfast Club episode about why does Jen have to be so nice. Jen found out she wanted to be with Dawson. It wasn't Jen's fault that Joey didn't tell Dawson

Quote:
There was a scene where Joey apologized to Jen though.. I forgot everything that was said but it was in the general vicinity of how Joey really didn't have much growing up and when the few things she had was in the process of being taken away, she fought with everything she had to hold onto it.
I think I remember this scene in season 2 when the girls hang out. I think after that, they got along pretty well until Joey saw Jen kissing Pacey in Four to Tango and called her names because she was jealous

Quote:
good point. I noticed the parallel there too

Quote:
I did like that Pacey was there for Joey when she needed him. They may have hated each other, but there were certainly a bond there in S1.
good points. KW did a good job showing them being there for each other as season 1 moved along. I never felt like they really hated each other, but I guess it can be interpreted like that. Joey brings up in season 4 that Pacey hated her three years ago. He said you always tease the ones you love. It reminds me of something I heard is the closest thing to love is hate. To me, indifference is the worst. JMO

Old 10-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I was glad when Joey and Jen stopped being enemies. I also agree indifference is worse than hate, I realized that the most with some fanbases always hating on a couple which shows they care. Which is what even happens on here with some bitter D/J and P/A fans always bashing or whining about P/J but never talking about those two couples they claim to love. Pacey and Joey always inspired love or hate (even though I've seen more love for them) TV people only seem to care when you don't give a damn about the couples or characters, they love when people show they love or hate them.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I was glad when Joey started going a little easier on Jen but I still feel like alot of hate that Joey gets is uncalled for. I was trying to find the quote that Joey said to Jen and I came across a few articles bashing Joey.

Joey was not a perfect character but I like my characters with flaws and trying to get better in life just like the rest of us.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was glad when Joey and Jen stopped being enemies. I also agree indifference is worse than hate, I realized that the most with some fanbases always hating on a couple which shows they care. Which is what even happens on here with some bitter D/J and P/A fans always bashing or whining about P/J but never talking about those two couples they claim to love. Pacey and Joey always inspired love or hate (even though I've seen more love for them) TV people only seem to care when you don't give a damn about the couples or characters, they love when people show they love or hate them.
agree. Joey and Jen were never close, but they had some nice moments throughout seasons 3 and 4. They interacted a little bit in the later seasons. I kind of wanted them to be more like friends. You make a good point. I notice the anti-PJ thread is still around. I don't even know if I have the energy to go to anti-DJ thread anymore. What's funny is I was watching my soap today and one of the characters said you know what they say about hate and kind of said how hate and love can go together

Quote:
Yeah, I was glad when Joey started going a little easier on Jen but I still feel like alot of hate that Joey gets is uncalled for. I was trying to find the quote that Joey said to Jen and I came across a few articles bashing Joey.
good point. She is not that bad compared to other tv characters I have seen

Quote:
Joey was not a perfect character but I like my characters with flaws and trying to get better in life just like the rest of us.
agree

Old 10-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, they are always in that anti P/J thread but I never saw the D/J anti thread until someone recently posted in it. I posted in there once cause it was my first time but quickly lost interest. In general, I don't care about Dawson/Joey, their just boring and not even worth the energy.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joey was awful at times, but I forgave her for it because of what she went through as a young girl. Losing her mother at 13 and then losing her father to the law, that has to be traumatizing. And Dawson was pretty much her whole world after that, so of course she is going to try and protect what she had with him.

I may not have liked how she was during those times, but I did feel for her.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, they are always in that anti P/J thread but I never saw the D/J anti thread until someone recently posted in it. I posted in there once cause it was my first time but quickly lost interest. In general, I don't care about Dawson/Joey, their just boring and not even worth the energy.
agree. Back in the day, I would post a lot in there. I guess that I haven't watch the show lately that I don't really feel like posting there

Quote:
Joey was awful at times, but I forgave her for it because of what she went through as a young girl. Losing her mother at 13 and then losing her father to the law, that has to be traumatizing. And Dawson was pretty much her whole world after that, so of course she is going to try and protect what she had with him.

I may not have liked how she was during those times, but I did feel for her.
agree. I remember she said his family has always been her family and she didn't want to lose that when she was talking to him in True Love I think. I haven't seen it in a while

Old 10-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I get what you are saying. I'd rather post in the opposing Appreciation Thread then focus on calling down the pairing I wasn't that interested in.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am the same way, I used to post in the anti DJ thread, but I don't really hate them, I just like them better as friends. It does make me sad to see whenever the anti PJ thread is posted in.

Anyway, I love these two. They were one of my first ships that I remember.
I am an original”
Closed Thread   Post New Thread