Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2018, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hope you all have a great time. We are going to our annual Christmas meal and party at Blackpool on Sunday night, so lets hope the weather holds. The forecast for tomorrow through to Sunday is freezing rain and or snow. It is very cold at the moment but hopefully we are far enough south to escape the worst.

Our next door neighbour is building an extension and the garden area is a mess, but the guy who is helping him is going to do our garden while everything is in turmoil. He has already cut the hedge and built a new fence which looks great, so I can see he will make a good job of it.

We had a visit from our new neighbours at the back complaining that we had cut down their conifers! Really it is a leylandii hedge which was so overgrown it was covering half our garden, but they acted as if it was a prize possession! The agreement was that the new house owners would maintain the hedge but these people just left it to get overgrown so we had to do something. I think I will call it Hedgegate!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
We had a visit from our new neighbours at the back complaining that we had cut down their conifers! Really it is a leylandii hedge which was so overgrown it was covering half our garden, but they acted as if it was a prize possession! The agreement was that the new house owners would maintain the hedge but these people just left it to get overgrown so we had to do something. I think I will call it Hedgegate!
It's a shame when neighbours get weird about things.

The party went well and Best friend whom I've known since we were 5 surprised me last night by showing up at the party. She lives clear across the Country, but has been house sitting for her aunt in Ottawa, so flew from Ottawa to Halifax just to attend Wing Night and see me of course.

We spent the entire day together, along with my sister. We went shopping and then lunch and then more shopping and then went to my sister's or the evening. I'm driving her to her sister's tomorrow which is about 2 hours away and then she flies out first thing Monday morning.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-17-2018, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Great about seeing your friend, and catching up!

We attended a fund-raiser on Saturday afternoon where The General Secretary of the RMT attended. It was great seeing him again and catching up as I hadn't seen him since he got the position and Andy retired. Also on Sunday night we went to the Christmas Dinner we are invited to every year, and caught up with friends we only see there.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think you've ever mentioned your husband's name before now.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

I thought I had. Have to go down stairs now as we have David and his girlfriend round and I don't want to appear rude.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you had then I didn't remember. If often wondered what your hubby's name was too.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

We're going away for Christmas to visit relatives. We travel on Christmas Eve evening and come back Boxing Day (26th December) so should only be missing for a day. I'm sure everyone is very busy this time of year so we should be able to manage without help for just a day.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We're going away for Christmas to visit relatives. We travel on Christmas Eve evening and come back Boxing Day (26th December) so should only be missing for a day. I'm sure everyone is very busy this time of year so we should be able to manage without help for just a day.
Have fun.

I have my sister-in-law down for 2 weeks. We just pick her up from the Airport at 12:30AM and didn't get home until 2:00AM. I should be sleeping right now, but had to check in.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'll try to post as much as I can in the next few days. Will check out some of the lesser used threads to see if we can pick up more posts.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'll try to post as much as I can in the next few days. Will check out some of the lesser used threads to see if we can pick up more posts.
I've got company staying with me, so it's hard to pull out the laptop and post while entertaining.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Even if everyone comes and posts messages agreeing with previous posts it would do just to get the posts up for the month.

I know it's difficult but maybe your kids or hubby could take the company out for a walk with the dogs or something while you make an excuse to stay home? I get the hoover out or mess with the washing machine to feign housework when I need some me time. The threat of housework usually makes them disappear!
Old 12-24-2018, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Going away tonight for a couple of days. Will be back on 26th.

Happy Holidays

And

A Very merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Merry Christmas to you as well.

We've been busy, so just saw your message now.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

We had quite a hectic Christmas with a 3 and a bit hour drive then a house full of very excited kids to contend with on Christmas Eve. We stayed at a local hotel for the night then back to the houseful of excited kids and random relatives one of whom spent the whole time on his phone to people back home in his country of origin. He was always there when there was food and drink on the go though!

Really, I'm glad to get home to the peace and relative tranquillity. So was Buddy who has spent the last 3 days in kennels. He was very excited to be home and is tucked up asleep in his bed.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thankfully for us, the longest we have to travel is less than 1/2 hour. I say that, but the downside is it's because none of our parents are still alive. I got to spend Christmas with my kids and my sister and nieces and got to see a couple of Aunts as well, so all and all it was a great Christmas.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread