Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
We had an issue with our internet connection/WiFi etc. Got in touch with the provider and it's all sorted now. Going home tomorrow so will be able to post more regularly when I get back to my normal days. Been out and about a lot this week shopping for the winter and cruise. Mostly done, just a few more items to get then I'll be all set for Christmas, winter and arctic weather.
That sucks. I get lost now without internet.

I'm off to a party tonight, but will post when I get home.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Back home again! Was greeted with a few scratches and bites up my leg by my 'adorable' cat. He was letting me know what he thought about me going away! Gave hubby a fashion parade in all my new dresses. Didn't bother showing off the thermal underwear though!

Old 12-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a beautiful dress. I love the colour.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

It's a bit long so I'll have to have it shortened. I don't think my sewing skills are up to the task. I would hate to trip over the hem at the Captains cocktail party!

We've just requested our excursions in Norway which include 2 train rides and a dog-sled ride! The thermals will come in handy for that! Most of the holiday will be at sea with only 3 stops to see the Country. One of the train rides will go over the border into Sweden, so that will be interesting. Lets hope we can get on the ones we want but we have back up choices in case they are fully booked.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, you are quite the traveler. That all sounds wonderful. Please get pics of the dog sledding.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

The main reason we can do this trip from a logistics point of view, is that it embarks from my home town which means we can leave the car at 'home' and go to the port in a taxi so we don't have to fly anywhere first. The thought of trying to get all the outer clothing and boots etc along with dressy up clothes in a suitcase fit to travel by air would be impossible.

The overriding reason is that I always wanted to see the Northern Lights. Although there is a possibility we won't see them, it is worth going just in case. Lets hope the North Sea isn't too rough or I will be spending most of the cruise trying to keep on my feet. Luckily I don't usually get sea-sick there is always a first time.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Please keep me posted as to whether you got to see the Northern Lights. They are definitely worth seeing.

I find pleasure in this knowing that Sandra is Canadian. Not to mention the diversity thing.

Golden Globe Awards
Verified account
@goldenglobes
4h4 hours ago
We are pleased to confirm that Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh will be co-hosting this year’s 76th #GoldenGlobes!

Old 12-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tis the Season. We've had 2 Trees from our community get chosen in the past for this. I remember when my kids were little, they each made a decoration with their Sunday School class to place on one of the trees that was sent to Boston. The tree was on Church property.

Nova Scotia has been sending a Tree to Boston since 1971. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Christmas_Tree

Meanwhile in Canada
‏@MeanwhileinCana
13h13 hours ago
Nova Scotia provides Boston with its official yuletide tree as a thank you for the city's response to the 1917 explosion in #Halifax Harbor. An estimated 2,000 people died & 9,000 more were hurt.

Aid from #Boston was the 1st to arrive, and the response has not been forgotten.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Sandra Oh was in a BBC production recently.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool.

How was your trip?

Old 12-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Very busy shopping and general catching up. Mum acted up one night and got in my sister's bed while we were still downstairs! I thought there was going to be matricide! I calmed the situation down and the rest of the night was peaceful. Unfortunately if mum wakes up soon after she falls asleep she is very confused and doesn't know where she is so tends to wander around confused and disorientated. I think that the saddest part of her condition is that she doesn't even recognise herself and my dad on their wedding photo.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww that is sad. How old is your mom?

Old 12-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Mum is 89 now, but her condition has been deteriorating over the past few years. She's very frail now and gets much worse when she's tired, but sometimes she just won't go to bed.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww, I lost my mom when she was 62, so you are lucky to have your mom even if she isn't entirely herself.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have our Big Annual Christmas Wing Night tonight at our house, so you won't see me on here until quite late if at all. Just so you know.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread