Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
As of the week 15 - 21 May, One Week was still showing in three theatres. Saw it on a website that showcases the top 5 grossing canadian films been shown in Canada. One Week had popped back in at number 4.

So, maybe that is why it got pushed back, because it is still being shown in theatres?
It wasn't pushed back, it was pushed up. It's original release was June 30th, so now it's available 2 weeks earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjobsession (View Post)
Can we buy it here though Mandy?
Through me? Well, you can purchase it through Amazon and help support the site. There are links on my site in the left side bar to get your orders.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned

I finally got to see One Week and this is my favorite movie to date of his. Just like I do to any of his other work, I haven't seen any of Josh's past roles in Ben.
I must say I was not expecting the whole beginning. Josh was very good just like he was in Aurora Borealis. There were tons of moments in the movie that made me laugh, even though it was unintentional, just like the scene where a piece of Josh's past movie made an "cameo".

Great movie and I am glad it did awesome at the Canada box office.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 PM
New Fan

I saw the movie. It was alright. I will likely watch it again because I was in a bad mood to begin with and it didn't help.

Joshua was good in it, sometimes very good. The movie improved towards the middle. The narration really bothered me. Did they have to use Mr. Chevron aka Campbell Scott. I'm not sure if anyone loathes those Chevron commercials as much as I do but it's Campbell's voice and it annoys me because Chevron couldn't care less about human rights in the countries it pillages and Campbell's voice only reminds me of that. Seperate from that, I didn't think he did a good job narrating; he never had the right tone.

The scenes I enjoyed the most were the ones with Liane Balaban especially when Samantha questioned if Ben had ever really loved her. My least favorite scene was the opening scene, I found it lacking in most respects. It never felt believable.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

After watching the movie, did
Spoiler:
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Patty, I don't think so:

Spoiler:
Old 06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
New Fan

Are we allowed to post screen caps?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bijou~ (View Post)
Are we allowed to post screen caps?
Sure, but maybe we could wait until it's been released? It's not officially being released until June 16th.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

1st One Week DVD review:
Quote:
The "making of" features Jackson speaking of showcasing Canada and using the backdrop to tell a personal story, and it's apparent just how difficult it was to make it all happen with a small crew whose resources were stretched to the point of shooting in their apartments. A Q&A with Jackson and McGowan from a Toronto screening answers all of the need-to-know questions, including a defense that the film isn't "too Canadian," and gratuitously shows the after-party at the local Roots show, in all of its Canadian glory. Plus: interview with director, photo gallery, trailer.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

New article about One Week

Quote:
BERLIN — Swiss distrib Ascot Elite has picked up a slew of North American and international productions for German-speaking territories, including Stephen Milburn Anderson's thriller "Cash," starring Chris Hemsworth and Sean Bean, and Michael McGowan's biker road movie "One Week," starring Joshua Jackson.
Ascot buys eight U.S., international titles - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, so does this mean it's coming to Europe?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Just finished watching this!

I've always loved Josh, but this just made me love him a little more! Gotta say I'm very proud to be Canadian.. kinda lame that Vancouver got snubbed but oh well. As a whole, I quite enjoyed this movie

And the soundtrack was really good.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Passionate Fan

The Great White North, baby!!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone else seen it yet? Did you get your DVDs?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Banned

I am getting my DVD in July.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I thought I'd be bothered by Campbell Scott's voice overs, but it was definitely integrated well with the story.
The narration completely ruined the movie for me. Every time I started to warm up to the story, blabbermouth had to pipe up with something completely stupid and cringeworthy. The worst offense:

Spoiler:

I also thought the ending sucked hard.

I loved all of the gorgeous locations in the movie. And hearing Josh sing was a treat. But overall I thought the movie was really disappointing.