Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have seen the movie and to me it was a big disappointment. Despite the "great names" and the publicity it was given, the plot is non-existent and I don't like the main actress either. I want Josh to land a role in a "meaty" movie already!

Anyhow.

Stills from this movie!

PART 1

Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

PART 2

Old 03-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ Yep! Absolutely gorgeous! I think I'll watch it on mute
BlueUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

LOL that's exactly what I did! I didn't even turn on the sound. After hearing that voice (shudders) you automatically go to "mute"
Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Rebecca Hall is a good actress but not in this movie. I like to think I have a "HIGH TOLERANCE for bad movies" pain threshold but I can't bear her character here!. It's the visual eqivalent to long nails screeching on a blackboard.
Josh was most certainly underused and under valued in this film. WHY OH WHY?!.
Great work on those pics Emma!.
Caledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you! <3 I paused the movie at the most interesting scenes as I was watching it and I captured the screens...
Of course, there is no need to mention that the only interesting scenes for me were the ones where Joshy was.

Last edited by Winterfell; 03-27-2013 at 04:05 AM
Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
I think I'll watch it on mute
!!!!!

Honestly, it wasn't Rebecca's fault. The real Beth Raymer is very childlike and her own voice is whiny and it makes you want to strangle her. Rebecca was just going a great job of method acting!
Ten My Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
The dimple is definitely there in the top Jeremy pic but the bottom Jeremy pic he is giving a sad smile so it isn't apparent. I feel I should give Lay the Favourite another re-watch as I haven't seen it for a while and I did enjoy it after the last re-watch. Did anyone else think Vince Vaughan came over as a major creep?
Absolutely. He did play a good part though.

I find it funny that Vince had a slightly smaller role than Josh. I think that's great for Josh though.

I know some folks didn't care for this movie, but I found it enjoyable. I like a good fluff movie from time to time and this was a good fluff movie for me.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Absolutely. He did play a good part though.

I find it funny that Vince had a slightly smaller role than Josh. I think that's great for Josh though.

I know some folks didn't care for this movie, but I found it enjoyable. I like a good fluff movie from time to time and this was a good fluff movie for me.
I have seen Vince Vaughan in two movies now (that I can remember - perhaps i have seen more but just can't remember seeing him) and he has been unfunny in both of them. He always comes across as a creep whether he is supposed to be funny or not. Perhaps that is just me.

I really liked Catherine Zita Jones in her role but I like her anyway ever since Darling Buds Of May(Way back when) when she first appeared on TV. In fact I liked everyone in it except Vince Vaughan.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Vince's characters can be a bit over the top, but I do like him for the most part. I liked him in Wedding Crashers and Couples Retreat.

Here is a pic of Josh on set of LTF and you know me, if there is a pic of Josh on the phone, I'm all over it.

Some more.

Last edited by JJH85; 12-01-2014 at 11:59 AM
Old 12-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

I did see him in Couples Retreat and I did like the film but can't remember too much about it but saw him in a film with Jennifer Aniston about a break up but didn't like him in that. I just didn't find him funny - just a bit obnoxious.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I did see him in Couples Retreat and I did like the film but can't remember too much about it but saw him in a film with Jennifer Aniston about a break up but didn't like him in that. I just didn't find him funny - just a bit obnoxious.
I didn't like The Break Up and you are right, I didn't like him in that either. I find Vince Vaughn is a little like Adam Sandler in a way where he can sometimes go overboard in a scene and it can get tiresome, but there are things that each of them are in that I really enjoy, so as actors go, I still like both, but just not in everything I see them in.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I didn't like The Break Up and you are right, I didn't like him in that either. I find Vince Vaughn is a little like Adam Sandler in a way where he can sometimes go overboard in a scene and it can get tiresome, but there are things that each of them are in that I really enjoy, so as actors go, I still like both, but just not in everything I see them in.
I forgot to mention I loved Josh in LTF though - as if I needed to say but some people reading this might not know. If only they had done the road trip instead of Beth going back to Dink it would have been a much better film.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I haven't actually watched the whole movie. I just couldn't get through it. But those pictures are absolutely divine. I love the jeans, white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and loose tie, and he looks like he's having a good laugh with the crew, which is something I've always read about him. The pictures with the jacket are good, too, but I like looking at his snug jeans, yum!
Tela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
I haven't actually watched the whole movie. I just couldn't get through it. But those pictures are absolutely divine. I love the jeans, white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and loose tie, and he looks like he's having a good laugh with the crew, which is something I've always read about him. The pictures with the jacket are good, too, but I like looking at his snug jeans, yum!
You could just pick it up from where Josh enters and that would be good enough. Love the jeans too.

Reply   Post New Thread