Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I hope you enjoyed it. I loved Josh as Paul the diplomat and I thought he looked great in the part. He could easily take that sort of role in the future in other films.
His part as Paul reminded me of his part in Bobby. It think it was the fact that he's clean shaven, and the hair and suit.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Are there any pics floating around of scenes from Inescapable.

I thought he really captured the essence of the character, the suave diplomat with a bit of sleeze under the surface. When he realised that the girl he had 'been with' was missing and her dad was sitting opposite demanding answers he lets his mask slip just a little to show that he knows more than he is letting on.

Last edited by LWS53; 12-02-2014 at 09:26 AM
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought Josh did a great job with the character given here. He did a great job in that first scene with Alexander to just show enough that you knew that he knew more than he was letting on.

He portrayed this guy with this very professional and polished exterior who in reality is extremely clued in to the realities of the environment and situations he is dealing with.
Josh didn't try to apologise for the character's indiscretions in his performance and the character wasn't written that way and instead used his conduct and assistance to Alexander's character to show that there was more to the him and he was genuinely committed to helping him be reunited with his daughter.

Josh looked really great in the part too and really rocked the polished suits that he wore for the majority of the film
CatF2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I find his character in this movie is similar to his character in Bobby. They are both political figures and aside from the differing styles from that era, they are very similar.

I think Josh did a great job and I enjoyed the movie as a whole. I still wish there was a bit more Josh/Paul though

Old 08-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I find his character in this movie is similar to his character in Bobby. They are both political figures and aside from the differing styles from that era, they are very similar.

I think Josh did a great job and I enjoyed the movie as a whole. I still wish there was a bit more Josh/Paul though
I would be lying if I said I wasn't waiting for Josh to make his appearance in the film and got a big smile on my face when he finally did

I'm glad to hear that he has similarities to the character he plays in Bobby. I haven't seen the film before but have wanted to. Many years ago I won a ticket to a special screening of the film but couldn't go in the end because I got a bad cold. Makes me think what could have been...
Old 08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatF2207 (View Post)
I would be lying if I said I wasn't waiting for Josh to make his appearance in the film and got a big smile on my face when he finally did

I'm glad to hear that he has similarities to the character he plays in Bobby. I haven't seen the film before but have wanted to. Many years ago I won a ticket to a special screening of the film but couldn't go in the end because I got a bad cold. Makes me think what could have been...
Although Josh was great in that movie, it's probably not the role that would have reeled you in. I've only watched it once and it's one of the few Josh movies I don't own. I have about 24 of his movies. Needless to say, he reeled me in real good.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Although Josh was great in that movie, it's probably not the role that would have reeled you in. I've only watched it once and it's one of the few Josh movies I don't own. I have about 24 of his movies. Needless to say, he reeled me in real good.
I am really happy to hear that there is still so much material out there for me to mine and of course I am really looking forward to The Affair coming back for S3
Old 08-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

If you get the chance Aurora Borealis and Lone Star State Of Mind are really great films with excellent supporting casts.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
If you get the chance Aurora Borealis and Lone Star State Of Mind are really great films with excellent supporting casts.
Thanks looking at some of the films he has been in that I haven't seen yet its great to see he has been able to work with a great selection of high quality actors.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to suggest we move the General stuff over to the General Movie/TV Thread for further discussion.

http://www.fanforum.com/f30/josh-jac...read-63169784/

Old 08-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry about going off topic, I would love to watch Inescapable again but unfortunately my copy has become damaged so keeps sticking. I may try to get a new region 2 pal copy this time and watch it on the Xbox, instead of my little all region tv/dvd..
Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sorry about going off topic, I would love to watch Inescapable again but unfortunately my copy has become damaged so keeps sticking. I may try to get a new region 2 pal copy this time and watch it on the Xbox, instead of my little all region tv/dvd..
It's been a while since I've seen Inescapable, so will have to watch it again soon. I wish I understood why there is a need to make DVDs different for different regions. What's the purpose behind that?

Old 08-06-2016, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's been a while since I've seen Inescapable, so will have to watch it again soon. I wish I understood why there is a need to make DVDs different for different regions. What's the purpose behind that?
I think maybe it started out as different designs from different countries but now all TV/DVDs are made in the Far East mainly China, it should be generalised. You can bet anything money is involved in keeping them different. I'm not sure about Blu-rays but not many of low budget or older films are made on blu-ray. It was quite a while after it was released in North America that Inescapable was released in Europe for region 2, and I had already got my Region 1 dvd.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-28-2021, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I should check this movie out!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread