Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ I agree that Josh's character seems an intriguing one, but we'll see I'm not really disappointed about the lukewarm critics (I've only seen 2, which isn't that much to judge a movie on), in fact, I'm looking forward to see Josh in this role. Unlike "Lay The Favorite", which just looks terrible and the kind of movie no actor can save, "Inescapable" looks like it might have some interesting points and the actors, except for Marisa Tomei (sorry, Marisa ), seem to have been given the chance to give good performances.

I've been reading some interviews and I have a feeling Josh might want a long break from TV. He said in this interview:

Quote:
"I'm excited to get a more consistent night's sleep — because TV is definitely hard work," the 34-year-old actor said with a smile during an interview at the Toronto International Film Festival, where he's promoting the political thriller "Inescapable."
I want him to find another TV show soon, but I'm afraid my wish won't be fulfilled Take a vacation, but don't leave us for too long, Josh!

On the other hand, I found this nice interview, where they said this:

Quote:
Like Siddig, Nadda had Joshua Jackson in mind when creating the amoral Canadian diplomat he plays in the film, although Jackson had no idea when he first read the script. “It was a more interesting character than I had been offered in a while,” he says. It wasn’t until their second meeting that he found out he had been her first choice all along.

With Syria an obvious no go, Nadda opted to film in Johannesburg, South Africa. Yet, despite enthusiasm on both sides, Nadda had to accommodate Jackson’s schedule with the TV series Fringe, which left him just a week for filming. “Poor guy. He flew 22 hours, shot the same day, stayed a week and then flew back,” says Nadda. “I can’t wait to work with him again.”
BlueUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Agree the reviews so far are not great, which is disappointing but it's good to see josh on the red carpet for his own film and looking really good!

He hasn't been able to pick and choose parts while Fringe has been on so it will Interesting to see what his project are when that ends. I' m hopeful for great things for him, both professionally and personally
escapism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here is the first positive fan review: INESCAPABLE: Fan Report (and Photos) from Toronto | SidCity.net | The official fansite for Alexander Siddig.

Enjoy! XD
jade86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Even if it is not a review, I think this is a good presentation of Inescapable and the actors in it, including JJ.

Inescapable: Anatomy of a DIY blockbuster - The Globe and Mail
maria luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I found an interesting video "behind the scenes" of Inescapable, where josh talk about his character (Paul) and the movie
Apparently Josh loved his character

Cineplex - Behind the Scenes of Inescapable with Joshua Jackson

At the first the video may not work, but you only have to update the page again
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

sorry, double page XD
Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the links! I find what JJ says about his character very intriguing
BlueUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
Thanks for the links! I find what JJ says about his character very intriguing
Me too!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

IFC Films lands U.S. on 'Inescapable'

Inescapable offers angst but skimps on action
Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm bummed. Was hoping this would be a sleeper hit for Josh. Still love him though.
glass1/2fullgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

It hasn't been released here in the US, yet. I don't think it'll do that well, but I'm hoping it'll get a little attention.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I came across this interview and I don't think it ever made it to this Thread, so posting it now.

Joshua Jackson Interview - YouTube

Also:

This is an exerpt from an older Post from this thread in 2012. The wait is over We get him in The Affair and I think it will be worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
^
I want him to find another TV show soon, but I'm afraid my wish won't be fulfilled Take a vacation, but don't leave us for too long, Josh!

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this movie. For a low budget film that nearly didn't get made because it lost its funding, it turned out remarkably well. The character arcs were believable and of course Josh and Sid looked really gorgeous.

All in all well worth seeing.(better than Lay the favorite but that movie had a few good bits - Josh and Catherine Zita Jones were both good in their rolls)

Just seen on YouTube Sid is joining the cast of Game ofThrones - good to see him in a hit series.

Last edited by LWS53; 07-27-2014 at 04:37 AM Reason: Adding to content
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching Inescapable right now. I had only seen it twice before and it's been several months since I've seen it.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm watching Inescapable right now. I had only seen it twice before and it's been several months since I've seen it.
I hope you enjoyed it. I loved Josh as Paul the diplomat and I thought he looked great in the part. He could easily take that sort of role in the future in other films.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread