Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Okay, just got to finish the ep, haven't had time to read everyone's posts yet, so sorry if I repeat anything, but I just want to say that I am so thrilled that Frank and Olivia have such a goody-for-you brotherly/sisterly thing going on:

Olivia: "Call me when you land."
Frank: " 'K. Bye."

OMG, I could not believe that scene. Where was the passion? Where was the longing "I'll miss you" look. It was all still with Peter, that's where. Too funny.

Loved how her visions of Walter and Peter were so different. Walter's, in the testing hospital, seemed encouraging and comforting. Olivia's first vision of Peter seemed rather overlord-ish, but with a sense of protecting strength. (Just my first viewing, of course. Will have to see what I think upon re-watch.)

And Peter was so smoldering!!! Low, sexy voice. Lady parts were beeping here. I think I watched that scene about 4 times before I let the show end. Damn right.

One of these days, Lee is not going to make it back to the hyperbaric in time. He's going to disintegrate before Olivia's very eyes.

Amazing ep!!!

ETA: In the promo for next week Ep4, did you catch that snippet of a kiss between Peter and Fauxlivia? There's the passion I've been looking for from Peter since May. Or, rather, since Dawson's Creek! Yes!

Last edited by Ten My Love; 10-08-2010 at 09:39 PM
Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I, too, think it's funny how fast the writers set Frank packing and on the first plane outta there. Bye, Frank. Sorry, both Olivias are kissing Peter Bishop now, one in her head and yours for real
Exactly! Poor guy
It's clear that the writers want to make a triangle between Olivia/Peter/altLivia and Frank is not necessary in all of this..

Quote:
but wouldn't it have been kinda cool if they had put Alt-Astrid on the actual field team of Fringe Division over there? Poor girl is locked up in the office relaying data all day! Oh, I also hope we get to see Alt-Broyles out in the field too, although much like Alt-Asitrid he seems to spend his days in the office giving orders. One thing I like about our team is that they did gradually bring Broyles out into the field more and interacting with the team. Astrid still needs more development in that area on our side, too, but at least on our side we get her lovely moments with Walter and the gang in the lab.
I think that all the characters will have their chances to shine..it needs time. Right now they are developping Charlie and Lincoln because they are the ones more closed to Olivia, but i think that all of the alter characters will have their part in the future Like the writers said even if we see the alter universe this season the three main characters remain Olivia, Peter and Walter so all the story is about them in the end If in the alter world they don't interact with Olivia or they don't have nothing to do with her storyline at the moment they don't focus on them.

Quote:
Olivia: "Call me when you land."
Frank: " 'K. Bye."

OMG, I could not believe that scene. Where was the passion? Where was the longing "I'll miss you" look. It was all still with Peter, that's where. Too funny.
I've said the same They are more like brother and sister than anything else...i think that probably this is the reason why Bolivia is enjoying her time with Peter over here

Quote:
In the promo for next week Ep4, did you catch that snippet of a kiss between Peter and Fauxlivia? There's the passion I've been looking for from Peter since May. Or, rather, since Dawson's Creek! Yes!
Yes! Things probably are going to be really hot between Peter and alt Livia next episode...or it seems that way because even the couch scene seemed to be hot by the promo, but when you see the episode it wasn't like that because Bolivia was clearly distracting him from the blood
We will see
Old 10-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
One of these days, Lee is not going to make it back to the hyperbaric in time. He's going to disintegrate before Olivia's very eyes.
I thought the same. I hope not though, I actually love him. I hope we see Henry return as well. They've introduced two great characters over there which will help divide the audience's preference of the two worlds I think. And of course Charlie but people loved him over here as well so it's no surprise people are loving Alt Charlie.

Quote:
even the couch scene seemed to be hot by the promo, but when you see the episode it wasn't like that because Bolivia was clearly distracting him from the blood
I KNOW!!! The promo was a tad misleading. I hope the kissing in 304 is as hot as it seems on the clip. Josh just pulls that passion off so well, enough to make a girl melt. I just love seeing the sexual chemistry between Josh and Anna as well. I never thought they had anything of the sort in the first two seasons but I am totally changing my mind about Anna herself and her scenes with Josh have been perfection so far.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Banned

I have one question, if Walternate's plan was to use Olivia, who gave the order to kill her in the season 2 premiere? Its weird somebody would go through all the trouble with the shapeshifters to kill Olivia.

I must say, I really enjoyed that episode. I loved the suspense with olivia and Milo chase. And yeah, I loved the final scene, too.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 10-09-2010 at 06:31 AM
Old 10-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I just love seeing the sexual chemistry between Josh and Anna as well. I never thought they had anything of the sort in the first two seasons but I am totally changing my mind about Anna herself and her scenes with Josh have been perfection so far.
Like i've always said i think that was Olivia's character who didn't permit to Anna to totally express herself as an actress...now the character has changed for a lot of reasons and so she can make us see that she's really an amazing actress. For what concerning her chemistry with Josh..i've always thought that they had chemistry but even here was the Olivia's character (cold, closed etc.) who didn't permit them to totally show this chemistry...now things are changed

Quote:
I have one question, if Walternate's plan was to use Olivia, who gave the order to kill her in the season 2 premiere? Its weird somebody would go through all the trouble with the shapeshifters to kill Olivia
I don't think that Walternate wanted to use Olivia already at the beginning of season 2..i think he made this plan after he has seen in the season 2 finale that she can cross universes withouth damage...it was a recent plan not a long one
Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

I agree Jessy, it was the Olivia character traits which made me think there wasn't much between Josh and Anna, i definitely see that now. To be honest I wasn't even sure about Anna in general as an actress but boy I have been proved so wrong so far this season! Her and Josh are smokin'!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Anna is a terriffic actress. Abrams and team put together a top notch ensemble. Did you notice Walternate's subtle sadness when he recognized Peter's clothes and was told by Brandonate that he was using them to help Olivia cross over? Also, the little almost smile on Olivia's face after her "vision" of Peter kissing her? Marvelous!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Did you notice Walternate's subtle sadness when he recognized Peter's clothes and was told by Brandonate that he was using them to help Olivia cross over?
Yeah! I've noticed that..it was the first time that Walternate showed some sort of feelings. I've always thought that Walternate really cares about Peter behind all, and this proves me that probably i was right

And yeah they are all amazing actors!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineusa (View Post)
Also, the little almost smile on Olivia's face after her "vision" of Peter kissing her? Marvelous!
I loved that part, and also Josh's small smile when he said how she just kept running as that was so her. It was a very nicely done scene.

Also, Olivia's subconscious had him in the Black Peacoat of Awesome. Well played, Olivia's subconscious, well played.

Overall, I really enjoyed the ep. Loved how being Olivia not Alt!Olivia saved her and loved the banter and feeling between her, Charlie and Lincoln. I really want them to keep Charlie and Lincoln around longer, they're awesome.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielix (View Post)
Also, Olivia's subconscious had him in the Black Peacoat of Awesome. Well played, Olivia's subconscious, well played.
So agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielix (View Post)
I really want them to keep Charlie and Lincoln around longer, they're awesome.
I do wonder how much time they will spend in the Alternate Universe over the rest of the series. Josh said he hoped it would become a permanent fixture to the show. Which it will be anyway, as the mythology is heavy about the clash between universes, and of course Peter's connection to it - but in what capacity will the Alt-world be seen over time? Surely they cannot keep alternating episodes for the rest of the series... I'm enjoying it now, but not sure I'd still enjoy it if this type of story-telling went past this season.

I love our team so much, and although the Other Side is interesting and engaging so far (possibly because there is still a lot of mystery about it), every time we get back to seeing our Walter (and of course Peter), I realize I've missed seeing them. Does that make sense?
Old 10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
Surely they cannot keep alternating episodes for the rest of the series... I'm enjoying it now, but not sure I'd still enjoy it if this type of story-telling went past this season.
The producers answered this, sort of. They said that the show is still about the three: Peter, Walter, Olivia, and the alternate universe will be showed only when one of them is Over There. Now, how often that will be....I dunno. Might depend on the audience's reactions to the alternate universe and on whether they get another season of storytelling or not.

I like the alternate universe, but I hope that there will still be periods with just our three main characters, together, over here.

It might be cool if they (the writers) bring Olivia back "home," and some of the alternates cross over with her. Let's see, we'll take YOUR Charlie, this time. Maybe Walternate. I'm holding my breath for a Walter/Walternate showdown.

Last edited by catherineusa; 10-09-2010 at 04:53 PM
Old 10-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Seersha, I read an article recently where the producers said, that at some point they will be doing our universe and the altuniverse in the same episodes. They didn't indicate when though. So, maybe this will be when the Olivias go back to their original sides?

I haven't seen anything lately to suggest that the alternating episodes will go any longer than about the halfway point. That's what Jasika said early in the season, but with tv shows things can change all the time, so we will have to wait and see.

I think they have just started episode 9 on Friday, which is an altuniverse one, because they were shooting an altWalter scene outside. So, the alternating episodes is still going?

The writers have talked about the original three being the core of the show and they will keep on coming back to that. However, in having made the altuniverse that much more interesting and with much happier/go lucky characters, they really risk viewers just not being interested in our world anymore. I already see that happening now actually.

So, the challenge for them is to make sure that the writing/stories are equal on both sides. Having our side being so oblivious to the differences in altOlivia being Olivia, and having their credibility shot to pieces, is not helping this sides cause in my opinion. I just hope the writers over the course of the next couple of episodes are able to do it in such a way, that taking this angle with the story is justified. Otherwise, this show could become very lopsided ratingswise.

ETA: Sorry, Catherine looks like we posted at the same time. I hope they don't mix the sides up too much actually. I think if you have too many characters crossing from one side to other all the time, it's going to get too confusing and I think the core story they are trying to tell will get lost in the mix. I think if there is going to be crossing it should only be the main three characters who do it. The other characters should stay on their repsective sides, because those characters are the ones that keep the viewers grounded in that universe, imo. Hope that makes sense. However, I have no idea what the wirters will do in this respect.

Last edited by aussiechic; 10-09-2010 at 05:12 PM
Old 10-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks guys for the clarification - good to know the writers still see the show about "our" core three
Old 10-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I had to comment on this too. I miss the pea coat and apparently subconscious Olivia does as well. I haven't liked a coat so much since Capt. Jack's awesome trench in Torchwood. Josh just looks so good in it, although he looks good in everything. And the small lingering smile after the kiss told you everything you needed to know about how she feels about Peter.
Veronica: Come on. Ruined lives, bloodshed? You really think a relationship should be that hard?
Logan: No one writes songs about the ones that come easy.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Loyal Fan

About the new format of Fringe...i put this under spoiler because i don't know if all the people wants to know this

Spoiler:

And two news:
-Video from 3x08's set: Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
-3x05's title: Saturday Night Fringe Encores & Baseball Hiatus *UPDATED* ~ Fringe Television - Fan Site for the FOX TV Series Fringe

Last edited by jessystorm; 10-10-2010 at 01:28 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread