Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's funny, but I had a feeling that it might be enjoyable. I haven't seen it yet, but I think I might just have to check it out as well. I'll have to check my local listings...

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I watched Miss Meadows this morning, and I was really impressed with Katie's performance. She has left little Joey Potter in the dust for this role. There was barely a trace of a crooked smile! I did catch one trademark, classic move that I recognized from DC. When she's in the park with the Sherriff, she takes his hand and pulls it over her shoulder! I saw her do that so many times with Josh.

The story is a bit quirky and somewhat dark, but I enjoyed it. I think she did her own tapping, too. I saw an interview where she said that she started tap dancing as a child. I'm really happy for her. She seems to be breaking out of her shell so to speak and leaving her past behind.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry for the DP, but I wanted to share this link I found when I was looking for a quote for the Hangman thread. I was going to post it in the Joey & Pacey thread, but I think it probably belongs here. Some of them are new to me, and they're all very sweet and praising. Hope you enjoy!

Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson | Married Divorced Children Ex | FamousHookups.com
Old 11-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
Sorry for the DP, but I wanted to share this link I found when I was looking for a quote for the Hangman thread. I was going to post it in the Joey & Pacey thread, but I think it probably belongs here. Some of them are new to me, and they're all very sweet and praising. Hope you enjoy!

Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson | Married Divorced Children Ex | FamousHookups.com
FYI - it's not considered a DP if it's different days. I'll look at the link in a bit as I'm on my Tablet and I don't like opening too many things as it runs the charge down faster.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
FYI - it's not considered a DP if it's different days. I'll look at the link in a bit as I'm on my Tablet and I don't like opening too many things as it runs the charge down faster.
That's good to know about the DP. I learn something new every day, thanks!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

They just don't sound finished to me. I never understood(does anyone?) why the break- up in the first place. They were young, could there have been jealousy on the set interfering with work?

It seems like the adoration picked up in 2004 right before TC entered the scene. Could the sparks have been reigniting during this time? Going to London to watch an old chum seems not too insignificant to me.

I think there is unfinished business.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden74 (View Post)
They just don't sound finished to me. I never understood(does anyone?) why the break- up in the first place. They were young, could there have been jealousy on the set interfering with work?

It seems like the adoration picked up in 2004 right before TC entered the scene. Could the sparks have been reigniting during this time? Going to London to watch an old chum seems not too insignificant to me.

I think there is unfinished business.

I whole-heartedly agree. There definitely seems to be unfinished business. The reason for the break-up was never made public. I do remember reading that she was extremely jealous of Brittany Daniel during season 3. Damn that CTC!!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I whole-heartedly agree. There definitely seems to be unfinished business. The reason for the break-up was never made public. I do remember reading that she was extremely jealous of Brittany Daniel during season 3. Damn that CTC!!
It may have been unfinished back before Diane, but they definitely went their separate ways, but it was nice that she reached out to him after her breakup with TC.

I had also heard the same rumour about Brittany. I bet it was hard for Katie to see the new girl hook up with Josh while getting all the scenes with James. It's like a double whammy.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

CTC?

I do agree going all the way to London isn't insignificant and its pretty much how the Suri/Josh rumors began.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear (View Post)
CTC?

I do agree going all the way to London isn't insignificant and its pretty much how the Suri/Josh rumors began.
CTC stands for Crazy Tom Cruise. It was a pretty standard abbreviation back in the day depending on which camp you were in. The London trip was talked about a lot, and definitely fueled the fire for the Suri rumors.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I read all the quotes in the link. I can't believe how open Katie was about her feelings for Josh and I think it is very sweet that they had so many nice things to say about each other over the years and to admit they were each other's best friend for a time. No wonder TC felt so threatened by Josh and I bet it was TC that didn't allow an invite for Josh to the wedding.

l never paid mych attention to their wedding as I was not a huge fan of TC, but I'm curious how much speculation there was at the time about it being more a business arrangement than a marriage.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear (View Post)
CTC?

I guess I am late to the conversation. What rumors?
Old 11-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden74 (View Post)
I guess I am late to the conversation. What rumors?
That discussion can get people pretty passionate, but you can look back at the earlier Threads to see some good conversations about that particular rumour. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

There was definitely speculation about how and when they (TC & KH) met. Other rumors circulated that it was a publicity stunt to bring in more numbers for Batman Begins and War of The Worlds. They both promoted heavily around the world often arriving to the red carpet on a motorcycle and embracing/kissing passionately. Of course, there was the infamous couch-jumping on Oprah and the Parisian proposal.

If I remember correctly, there were rumors that other actresses around her age had been approached about the possibility of a TC pairing. From the beginning, people questioned the validity of their relationship. And, there have been rumors about TC's ability to impregnate a woman that date back to when he was married to Nicole Kidman, so when they announced that Katie was pregnant, many people believed he was not the father. There was plenty of speculation about who the father could be, and yes, Josh was on the list even though it was impossible since they had not seen each other since she visited him in London.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
That discussion can get people pretty passionate, but you can look back at the earlier Threads to see some good conversations about that particular rumour. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it.
I'm pretty new to the JJ obsession, remember? I do remember the whole TC and Oprah incident. How do I get to older threads?

The whole thing fascinates me. I am so sold on Josh and Katie. Even though on some level I know this none of my business, I want to know what happened.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread