Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I don't think it will ever go away. Linked for all time now.
I admit when I first got on the DC train that whole thing intrigued me and I secretly wanted it to be true, so I guess I can understand why others are still hanging onto that, but now I find it disrespectful to Josh, so I'm over it.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Cute, thanks! She does look so much like Katie.

I feel sad for Suri whenever those parentage rumours come up. Someday she's going to google herself, and see all the nastiness.

Personally, I think it's highly unlikely Katie would have a child with Josh or Chris (two men she loved), but then pretend someone else is the dad. But I guess it does give the tabloids something to write about.
I agree with you there about the rumours and Suri - I think that rumour mongers are just trying to get speculation and gossip going, which may be amusing to them at the time, but could cause a lot of pain to the people involved in the future, especially where children are involved.

Last edited by LWS53; 10-29-2014 at 08:26 AM
Old 10-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I agree with you there about the rumours and Suri - I think that rumour mongers are just trying to get speculation and gossip going, which may be amusing to them at the time, but could cause a lot of pain to the people involved in the future, especially where children are involved.
Well said.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

So I guess we can add Katie to the list of celebrities that Lainey hates. They were talking about her People cover on The Social today, and Lainey was just nasty about her, repeatedly. You'd think Katie peed in her cereal or something.

The rest of the hosts were kinder.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So I guess we can add Katie to the list of celebrities that Lainey hates. They were talking about her People cover on The Social today, and Lainey was just nasty about her, repeatedly. You'd think Katie peed in her cereal or something.

Oh, I have to go watch that now. Thankfully it comes on several times throughout the day on my Satellite stations.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm not familiar with Lainey or The Social. I wonder what KH did to rain on her parade?

I got a chuckle out of the article because I remember the hoopla that went on back in the day when KH was pregnant. There were all kinds of conspiracy theories.

It's disrespectful to everyone involved. Just think about all the therapy Suri is going to need when she gets older.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I think this Lainey sounds like a right piece of work - the sort of person who makes you want to throw things at the TV. I'm glad we don't have her over here.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think Lainey is the type of celeb watcher who believes that celebrities exist only to entertain her, not real people.

Her main anger point seemed to be that Katie is "boring", and is not entertaining her enough to be worthwhile to even talk about. She liked her better when she was with TC and was crazy and in the news everyday.

Um, ok. So she hates someone because they're living a more low key life with their kid, and aren't in tabloids everyday. Interesting way of looking at life.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lainey can be a bit over the top with her opinions, but there are a lot of times she has a point, she just brings her point across a little harshly sometimes. I just finished watching that segment when I was reading this and I felt she was attacking the article just as much as she was Katie. Tracy's point about the boring aspect rings true, but again she has a point as far as the article goes. It's okay to have a regular lifestyle where there is no drama, but Katie says she is trying to re-invent herself and move past the TC era, so maybe she should have gone a little deeper with her feelings in the article. I only heard snippets of it, so I'm not necessarily agreeing with Lainey, but if what she says is true, then it is a boring article.

These talk shows need to have that balance of opinions and Lainey is the other side of the coin, so I take her with a grain of salt because I'm sure that's part of her gimmick as a TV personality.

They mentioned DC and JVDB, but no Josh.

They also just had a segment about marriage and the traditional/non-traditional forms of marriage. It would have been a good Segway for talk about The Affair or give examples like Josh and Diane. They totally missed their chance.

The Social is the Canadian version to The Talk in the US. I don't like to compare it to The View because The View is very hard to watch for me, I can't handle the yelling over each other allllllll the time.

Last edited by JJH85; 10-29-2014 at 11:45 AM
Old 10-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Suri isn't Tom's biological kid at all.

The more time passes the more obvious it is to me.

That being said he's the only father she knows so it really doesn't matter. If he's not her biological father I hope one day Katie is the one to tell her who that person is.

I also find Lainey to be an insufferable tool regardless of who she's talking about.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Passionate Fan

On a related Katie note she'll appear on Letterman November 10th
Old 10-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear (View Post)

I also find Lainey to be an insufferable tool regardless of who she's talking about.
I don't even know who Lainey is but

I have to google this person.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
I don't even know who Lainey is but

I have to google this person.
I don't know who she is but I have read her column as links to it are often posted here and I find her very offensive and her comments are often poison disguised as syrup. I think she is one of those people who say and post things to be controversial to get a reaction from her audience.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I don't know who she is but I have read her column as links to it are often posted here and I find her very offensive and her comments are often poison disguised as syrup. I think she is one of those people who say and post things to be controversial to get a reaction from her audience.
OMG! I just spent some time on laineygossip.com, and she has no problem tearing a person to shreds. She is beyond blunt and bordering on rude. There was even a few pieces about Josh that weren't very nice. She's kind of awful.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
OMG! I just spent some time on laineygossip.com, and she has no problem tearing a person to shreds. She is beyond blunt and bordering on rude. There was even a few pieces about Josh that weren't very nice. She's kind of awful.
She is awful like other gossip columnists but at least they allow a comment section she doesn't...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread