Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I love the Yoda T-shirt.

Go to the light indeed.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Here are a few NYC pics of the area we stayed including a view from my son's bedroom window. He actually allowed me inside to take some pics. We were just in the next room but one to him so had a partial Times Square view. I think we were upgraded.

And some pics of our favourite New Yorker!

Last edited by LWS53; 04-26-2015 at 01:49 PM
Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you get enough of naked guy? This guy has long hair, is it a different guy or was the other pic that old?

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

It's the same guy - I think the other pics were old. He has long hair in the more recent pics of him on his own website. We saw him twice, the second time he was surrounded by the crowd so couldn't see him very well. Apparently he is there every day but so are a lot of people in all sorts of costumes wanting you to have pics with them and charging for it. 2 or 3 girls are posing with only very brief panties and body paint on hoping for photos with gullible men and charging for it. It was almost like prostitution without the sex!

You can hardly get through Times Square without being hassled and hustled by someone selling something.

Last edited by LWS53; 04-23-2015 at 09:06 AM
Old 04-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
It's the same guy - I think the other pics were old. He has long hair in the more recent pics of him on his own website. We saw him twice, the second time he was surrounded by the crowd so couldn't see him very well. Apparently he is there every day but so are a lot of people in all sorts of costumes wanting you to have pics with them and charging for it. 2 or 3 girls are posing with only very brief panties and body paint on hoping for photos with gullible men and charging for it. It was almost like prostitution without the sex!

You can hardly get through Times Square without being hassled and hustled by someone selling something.
They must make a pretty good living to keep doing it. I don't know if I would have any interest in visiting Times Square. What is the attraction about it anyway? A bunch of lights and billboards and street merchants? That just does not appeal to me.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
They must make a pretty good living to keep doing it. I don't know if I would have any interest in visiting Times Square. What is the attraction about it anyway? A bunch of lights and billboards and street merchants? That just does not appeal to me.
It looks really good at night when all the lights stand out. At the weekend it got really busy so it wasn't much fun getting through the crowd with the beggers, pic sellers, bus ticket pushers etc hassling you but in the end you got used to ignoring them. My son liked it more than I did and my husband hated it. It looked really good from the bedroom windows and from the terrace bar though.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It looks really good at night when all the lights stand out. At the weekend it got really busy so it wasn't much fun getting through the crowd with the beggers, pic sellers, bus ticket pushers etc hassling you but in the end you got used to ignoring them. My son liked it more than I did and my husband hated it. It looked really good from the bedroom windows and from the terrace bar though.
Well at least you can say you were there and you got some pics.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well at least you can say you were there and you got some pics.
That's it, it was on our to do list. We did most things we wanted but didn't get to Greenwich Village where my husband wanted to go to indulge his inner hippy.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's it, it was on our to do list. We did most things we wanted but didn't get to Greenwich Village where my husband wanted to go to indulge his inner hippy.
I'm not familiar with Greenwich Village. Inner Hippy??

Old 04-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Greenwich Village. Inner Hippy??
I just know of it from 60s and 70s music artistes, it was the bohemian type area for all the folksy and contemporary music, artists and other 'different' types to live and congregate.

My husband was a bit of a rebel in his younger days.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'll just use this thread to remind everyone that pics posted must conform to rules. No pics over 800 pxls will be allowed and if they are larger they must be posted through a link and not shown as an image.

I know it is easy to make mistakes about this - I have done the same myself in the past but as joint moderator it is one of my duties to point out this rule.

Last edited by LWS53; 04-26-2015 at 01:50 PM
Old 04-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'll just use this thread to remind everyone that pics posted must conform to rules. No pics over 800 pxls will be allowed and if they are larger they must be posted through a link and not shown as an image.

I know it is easy to make mistakes about this - I have done the same myself in the past but as joint moderator it is one of my duties to point out this rule.
Thanks for posting that reminder. I actually just figured out how to resize a pic today.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for posting that reminder. I actually just figured out how to resize a pic today.
I have had to re-size some of my pics that were just over the limit.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

New Chair and sofa installed.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those look very comfy. Are both the chair and couch loungers?

Reply   Post New Thread