Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

It certainly would - even Diane can't find him.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
It certainly would - even Diane can't find him.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

I really need to go to bed now - another busy day tomorrow - Aqua zumba and insanity in the pool.

The man came and fixed the table today so it is all operational now. We could hold a dinner party if we had anywhere for people to sit after dinner. The sofa and chair should be coming the end of April or beginning of May. It's a good job we are away and out for much of April.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

I am putting this here as it is about making gifs and I have used the other OT threads in the last 24 hours. Heidi on the Fringe board has kindly given us this information.

I use Make A Gif - Animated Gifs Maker, Free Gif Creator Online It's free and includes an option to make a gif directly from a YouTube video. As a guest, you can make a gif of up to 5 seconds of video, and the gif with have the MakeAGif.com sign on the bottom - it's small, but it's there. If you register, the max length goes up to 10 seconds (but those files are LARGE) and they also host your gifs, plus the MakeAGif.com sign goes away. You can also save your gifs to your own computer of course, or put them up on tumblr or facebook.

It creates a pretty basic gif from YT, and it's pretty easy to get the hang of it. You just use a slider bar to pick where you want the gif to start and then you pick how many seconds you want it to last. It gives you a preview of the section of the video while you are doing that. It doesn't allow for anything more fine than a one second increment, so sometimes there's little bits at the beginning or end that you don't really want. But with a little practice, you can make some pretty decent gifs with it. I made the Peter in the Lake gif there, and a whole lot of others as well.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am putting this here as it is about making gifs and I have used the other OT threads in the last 24 hours. Heidi on the Fringe board has kindly given us this information.

I use Make A Gif - Animated Gifs Maker, Free Gif Creator Online It's free and includes an option to make a gif directly from a YouTube video. As a guest, you can make a gif of up to 5 seconds of video, and the gif with have the MakeAGif.com sign on the bottom - it's small, but it's there. If you register, the max length goes up to 10 seconds (but those files are LARGE) and they also host your gifs, plus the MakeAGif.com sign goes away. You can also save your gifs to your own computer of course, or put them up on tumblr or facebook.

It creates a pretty basic gif from YT, and it's pretty easy to get the hang of it. You just use a slider bar to pick where you want the gif to start and then you pick how many seconds you want it to last. It gives you a preview of the section of the video while you are doing that. It doesn't allow for anything more fine than a one second increment, so sometimes there's little bits at the beginning or end that you don't really want. But with a little practice, you can make some pretty decent gifs with it. I made the Peter in the Lake gif there, and a whole lot of others as well.
Awesome, thanks. I think a great place for this would be in the Avatar and Icon Thread.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Awesome, thanks. I think a great place for this would be in the Avatar and Icon Thread.
Done. Going to bed now as I didn't sleep well last night. Goodnight.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Done. Going to bed now as I didn't sleep well last night. Goodnight.
Perfect, thanks. Hope your sleep tonight is much better.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

I slept a lot better last night thanks so feel more awake today. Unfortunately I have to go grocery shopping on my own as we are still waiting for that pesky rug so someone has to stay in. I don't trust the other half to get everything I want so I am going shopping.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I slept a lot better last night thanks so feel more awake today. Unfortunately I have to go grocery shopping on my own as we are still waiting for that pesky rug so someone has to stay in. I don't trust the other half to get everything I want so I am going shopping.
I send hubby shopping when I don't want to over do it. He needs a list, but sometimes it's better because when I grocery shop, I will cave at sales or see some thing and pick it up. It's better when we are trying to stay true to a budget if he goes or if it's not a big grocery day because he will only get whats on the list.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I send hubby shopping when I don't want to over do it. He needs a list, but sometimes it's better because when I grocery shop, I will cave at sales or see some thing and pick it up. It's better when we are trying to stay true to a budget if he goes or if it's not a big grocery day because he will only get whats on the list.
The trouble is if I forget to put something on the list it doesn't get bought - or if they haven't got what I want I pick a substitute - personally I prefer to go alone so I can browse for items that the store sometimes has so when they come in I grab them. I like to pack the shopping a certain way so that everything is packed with like items - he tends to panic and start shoving things into bags just to get it all packed away, as if it makes any difference to the cashier.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The trouble is if I forget to put something on the list it doesn't get bought - or if they haven't got what I want I pick a substitute - personally I prefer to go alone so I can browse for items that the store sometimes has so when they come in I grab them. I like to pack the shopping a certain way so that everything is packed with like items - he tends to panic and start shoving things into bags just to get it all packed away, as if it makes any difference to the cashier.
I'm an organized packer too. Must be a female thing. But this is more a topic for the OT thread, Sorry for going OT guys.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm an organized packer too. Must be a female thing. But this is more a topic for the OT thread, Sorry for going OT guys.
Well I could always put in a pic of a shopping bag.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is what I had woken up to yesterday. Very pretty, but no longer needed now that's it's April 1st.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

That is what it was like one April 1st years ago when we were trail riding in the Scottish borders. We thought John(our guide) was trying to fool us when he told us until we looked out of the window. We don't get weather like that any more - it must all go to you.

Well I am going to bed now to dream of tables rugs and in the dim and distant future a decent chair to sit on.

Last edited by LWS53; 04-02-2015 at 03:37 PM
Old 04-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Well the rugs have come so I am posting pics of them in situ - now all I need is my soft furnishings ie a chair to sit on, and I will be happy.

My sitting room rug.

My dining room rug

Reply   Post New Thread