Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 05:46 AM
Extreme Fan

It's a total bummer that everyone else gets critics awards and emmy noms (only Maura for the last, though) while Josh gets People's Choice. I think it's a real disservice to the work he does on the show.

On the other hand, Alison and Noah are the leads on the show, as long as Cole has a child with Alison, the Lockhart part is unlikely to be ever over if the show isn't. So far, it looks like we're getting Cole in every other episode (unless 3.06 is another ALL NOAH! ALL THE TIME! or some such horror) even if we don't get as much of his pov as Alison or Helen.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That Ruth interview doesn't sound too great for how she feels about doing the show. She's bored, bored about being asked about the sex scenes, she finds being tied to a show claustrophobic, gee Ruth this show gave you a Golden Globe. It would be nice if she showed a little gratitude. That really bothered me.

I think the lack of critical acclaim for Josh in his role as Cole is more to do with the material he's been given more so than his actual ability, so if he's the only one out of the group getting a People's Choice award instead of a Critics award, that's okay with me. At least he is staying relevant with the viewers.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think the lack of critical acclaim for Josh in his role as Cole is more to do with the material he's been given more so than his actual ability
I agree with you. It's not josh's fault. He always did the best in his scenes and in very few intense scenes like s1 finale, the thanksgiving scene, and episode 2.09, he really deserved an emmy. But, generally speaking, his script has always been poor compared to the others. That is the main problem. He just needs stronger material.
I'll always keep my fingers crossed anyway. You know....never say never
Old 12-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Noah and Alison are clearly the front runners for the show and this season it seems they have give that title to Noah. It's a little disappointing given he's such an unlikeable character. It would have been nice if they had kept it very even between all four leads.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Still haven't seen episode 2, but will probably catch up over the weekend. At least we will be able to see 2 and 3 in quick succession.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know the sad thing about this show is that it's only 10-12 episodes to begin with and if Josh is only in every other episodes, then he's only in 5-6 episodes which is less than an arc on a regular network show.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Passionate Fan

It's almost like he's "recurring" status. Smh.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Are they still filming? In Paris?

Quote:
Jean-Maxime Renault
‏@J_M_Renault

En ce moment-même se tourne du côté de St Germain-des-près à @Paris un épisode de...#TheAffair saison 3 ! https://www.instagram.com/p/BNhIxPaBObD/
Quote:
Camille Lesaulnier @mccgl
#TheAffair is about to shoot here in #Paris

myrgou ‏@myriamgouesnard
merci... mais le tournage de la saison 3 est fini ?!?!

Camille Lesaulnier ‏@mccgl
Je pensais aussi, peut être la 4 ? Ils avaient des badges "The Affair" et ils m'ont confirmé la série
(Trans.: "I thought, too, can be the 4? They had badges "The Affair" and they confirmed the series")
Quote:
@gaetan_bruel neige de cinéma pour le tournage de #TheAffair au #pantheon #paris #lepantheonfaitsoncinema
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNeut2njtwi/

@gaetan_bruelce matin à 7 heures, tournage pour la série #TheAffair au #pantheon avant l'ouverture au public #lepantheonfaitsoncinema
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNeIy2fjAij/

@gaetan_bruel Tournage du dernier épisode de la future saison de #TheAffair au #pantheon #cmn #paris #lepantheonfaitsoncinema
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNeIUyDjhdv/
Noah´s new lady is French, maybe it´s her POV?
Old 12-03-2016, 03:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, they are probably filming the french lady's POV. I know they are filming the last episode.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If the last episode is her POV then it likely means it's only her an Noah and that is VERY disappointing for the final episode.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
If the last episode is her POV then it likely means it's only her an Noah and that is VERY disappointing for the final episode.
I agree.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Perhaps they are only filming a few scenes in Paris - maybe Noah is going to live in France with his lady friend, and they are showing them there together at the end.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Perhaps they are only filming a few scenes in Paris - maybe Noah is going to live in France with his lady friend, and they are showing them there together at the end.
That would be a decent ending for a series finale, maybe. If Showtime renews The Affair, we would probably see Noah in NY again with her.
Anyway i hope you are right.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

It could also be a flashback to her life in Paris, and the reason she came to the US. No-one on The Affair has an uneventful past.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
It could also be a flashback to her life in Paris, and the reason she came to the US. No-one on The Affair has an uneventful past.
Mmmm i don't think it's a flashback. I saw a set picture of Noah and Juliette in Paris
Closed Thread   Post New Thread