Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I know Showtime isn't watching ratings as much as non-premium channels, but I can't help but think some of the loss is from a first episode that is nothing but Noah.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I know Showtime isn't watching ratings as much as non-premium channels, but I can't help but think some of the loss is from a first episode that is nothing but Noah.
They aired the first two early on a few platforms before they aired, like the last two seasons. So, those figures will be factored in. I saw a lot of people say they were only going to stick with the show until they found out who killed Scotty.

They had much better on air figures last season. However, there are more shows they are competing with this season, they have been pushed back with the start time for airing and they have a new lead in show as well. Lots of different factors this time.

True indication of how many have/will stick with the show will be the figures for ep 3, as there are no early viewings for that one.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
True indication of how many have/will stick with the show will be the figures for ep 3, as there are no early viewings for that one.
True.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I hope it picks up a bit as we have yet to hear if there will be a season 4. To be honest, I probably wouldn't mind seeing Josh in new project, so maybe he is actively looking at some other options. I kind of feel his talents are a bit wasted on a show that doesn't have him in it enough.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to see where the story goes, I just think Josh/Cole is under utilized in The Affair.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Well I hope it picks up a bit as we have yet to hear if there will be a season 4. To be honest, I probably wouldn't mind seeing Josh in new project, so maybe he is actively looking at some other options. I kind of feel his talents are a bit wasted on a show that doesn't have him in it enough.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to see where the story goes, I just think Josh/Cole is under utilized in The Affair.
I know and i agree with you. Let's see if things change a bit for Josh/Cole this year.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I know and i agree with you. Let's see if things change a bit for Josh/Cole this year.
I'm crossing my fingers.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

I think if they are concentrating on a new lover for Noah and how he is after his prison stretch, there will be a lot less time for Cole and Alison. The show will be poorer for this, and Ruth's as well as Josh's talent will be really wasted, but their storyline may pick up later in the season.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Showtime just cancelled their critically acclaimed drama Masters of Sex (after 4 seasons). Last year Masters´ S3 average ratings were 0.13/ 0.595 and it was renewed for S4. Now S4 averages were 0.12/0.453 and it got cancelled.

The Affair´s current ratings look better then that^. If The Affair improves its ratings this week and keeps them stable, then it might get renewed for another season.

I guess, the main storyline for Cole this season is his situation with 2 wives and a child. I think when this storyline is wrapped - it will be probably the end for The Lockharts on this show.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)
I guess, the main storyline for Cole this season is his situation with 2 wives and a child. I think when this storyline is wrapped - it will be probably the end for The Lockharts on this show.
And that would be an epic fail from the same writers who revealed a piece of the tragic Lockhart's backstory in season 2. There would be so much to tell about that family, especially Cole.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Well we may get a better idea on how the show is doing popularity wise, by the half way mark. I'm sure Sarah Treem will have something to say for all the main characters, but at the end of the day it will depend on the viewing public to decide whether they wish to continue with her. Lets hope there are some great Cole/Alison/Lockhart moments for the actors to get their teeth into.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well we may get a better idea on how the show is doing popularity wise, by the half way mark. I'm sure Sarah Treem will have something to say for all the main characters, but at the end of the day it will depend on the viewing public to decide whether they wish to continue with her. Lets hope there are some great Cole/Alison/Lockhart moments for the actors to get their teeth into.
I hope so
Old 12-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Affair - Episode 3.05 - Promotional Photos & Synopsis

The AffairVerified account ‏@SHO_TheAffair 1h1 hour ago
#Alison's infidelity gave her another chance to be a mother, but can she overcome her fears? #TheAffair #TBT

Old 12-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry, but another Block Island with Noah and Alison just does not appeal to me. I am curious as to what they mean by ...

Spoiler:

Old 12-02-2016, 01:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm so sorry, but another Block Island with Noah and Alison just does not appeal to me. I am curious as to what they mean by ...

Spoiler:
I think an episode about Noah and Alison spending the day together after 3 years is necessary. I am sure there is an unfinished business between them and they need to talk.
I think it's going to be an interesting episode.

As for the the synopsis you put in the spoiler tag...

Spoiler:

It's just a theory
Old 12-02-2016, 01:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really hope this season provides some good scenes for Josh and I love any Cole/Alison scenes, fingers crossed because I'll definitely seek those out. It does feel like it maybe the last season anyway and it wouldn't surprise me if both Josh and Ruth want out. On some level it's got to hurt Josh that he's the only one of the four leads to consistently be left out of the critics' award nominations, even if he's enjoyed being on the show. It also sounds to me from this interview with Ruth in last week's Sunday Times like she wants to move on. We'll see.

Quote:
There are plenty of things she’ll talk about, and some not at all: her private life, for one, is closely guarded (“The short answer is, very boring”). I ask her what she hates being asked about most: “Oh well — everything about sex and nudity. Bored! Bored of it.”
It’s no surprise she gets this treatment. In part, it’s down to an assumption: Wilson seeming a modern, liberated woman, we assume she is also, somehow, loose. She isn’t. And it’s also down to her work, which is rarely trashy or juvenile, and quite often defiantly adult, as in Showtime’s steamy TV drama The Affair. This is the one big thing that has changed since we last met. Back then, Wilson had been filming the pilot for the series. Three seasons in, it’s a hit, and Wilson — who has won a Golden Globe for her performance as Alison, trapped in a disastrous liaison with Dominic West’s Noah — a bona fide star. She now spends nearly half the year filming in Montauk, NY, where the series is set, and the rest roaming around in a very Wilson-like way. “I’m a bit of a commitment-phobe, so the idea of being committed to something is quite hard, you know?” She says how lovely everyone on The Affair is, and how beautiful Montauk is, and how grateful she is ... “But I sort of rage against it, slightly. Or maybe ‘rail’ is the word.” For Wilson, one of the charms of her job is the constant ability to reinvent. A recurrent TV series offers less of that. She calls it “a bit claustrophobic” (twice). But hasn’t she signed a seven-series contract? That’s the norm in TV-land. “Er, maybe,” she sighs. Essentially, then, she’s hoping it will end around series five? “There’s a bit of that. But I have no power over it, really, so we’ll see
Sounds like she wouldn't be sorry if it ended after this season.

Last edited by escapism; 12-02-2016 at 01:17 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread