Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

This thread makes my head spin but I love it. Fascinating.

I'll take a look at the junk DNA link later as it looks interesting.

And nope you're not the only one..............I would assume the same about the palm lines.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

cool thread...definetly will have to look closely to attempt to understand these posts
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

It really does boggle the mind. I wish I was better at math to fully understand.

Do you think that J.J. was really a math whiz growing up?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Wow all of this seems really interesting, I love this kind of stuff! Thanks to Ten My Love and TheMovieGrrl for explaining all of that. I can't wait for all these topics to be shown/explained on the show and to hear how it connects to the stories.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Mel I agree, I am still stunned As for the "junk" DNA, there's a very interesting aspect in the science of cloning. I remember talking about it in Biology class, let me see if I can get it together correctly.

The DNA in our cells has immensly long, "useless" DNA coding before and after the real coding. At first the scientists thought that this was useless DNA as well. But when you clone a body (for example Dolly, the sheep) they show signs of "old people"'s diseases. That's because those strings of DNA are used to define the age of a cell. Because the DNA strings are growing old, too, they're "dissolving" which is why there is uncoded DNA before and after the important DNA, so that the important DNA doesn't get dissolved.

If that's incorrect, go ahead and correct me

Mandy I think JJ was not only a math whiz

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

That's true, Lynn! But man, number crunching is not my thing.

Fringe Television.com has just posted a really great breakdown of the latest viral video of the "Case 0091" file on http://imaginetheimpossiblities.com as well as the Phi website (have you all seen this one?) http://1.61803398874989484820458683436563811.com

Do check out the link and Donna, maybe you can break this code?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Mandy, it isn't mine either... I usually like logic and all that, but J.J.'s mind and Bob's conspiracy theories are just beyond me

Also, one comment there, mentioned the Golden Rectangle (Golden rectangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which apparently is similar to the Golden Ratio and thus probably part of the pattern as well...

ETA: So I read up on this Golden Rectangle and it is a rectangle which has the proportions of 1: PHI. Also, if you cut off a square (dimensions 1:1) you will get another rectangle with the same dimensions. You can do this eternally and this is actually the rectangle defining the Golden Spiral...
They tell you how to construct a Golden Rectangle there, too

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Some new "data" to decipher:

The Frinve viral website PHI (also at ImagineTheImpossibilities.com) has been updated with a new piece of evidence.

FringeTelevision.com (click link for specific entry) has updated details with a transcript and an audio clip that has some strange voices embedded into the case page.

Quote:
Interviewer: Tell me about this picture of your sheep.

Farmer: Well, I’m not sure really, the sheep were going about there business, then I heard an earthquake or something underground.

Interviewer: And then what did you see?

Farmer: I’m not sure. The sheep didn’t make a sound, so I looked out of the kitchen window and saw them walking around in a circle... a perfect circle... like something was... controlling them. I've never seen anything like it.

[unintelligible voice]
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the new data.

My head is still spinning. But, I love continuing to think about all of this and what it means.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
That's true, Lynn! But man, number crunching is not my thing.

Fringe Television.com has just posted a really great breakdown of the latest viral video of the "Case 0091" file on http://imaginetheimpossiblities.com as well as the Phi website (have you all seen this one?) http://1.61803398874989484820458683436563811.com

Do check out the link and Donna, maybe you can break this code?
Well, if you're talking about the last link, Mandy, that's a longer version of Phi, The Golden Ratio (1.618...). We also referenced that in The Fringe thread on the Josh Jackson board, but I think it deserves repeating here.

Amy (calzo) explained that "the Phi symbol in math is what's referred to as the Golden Ratio. The number is actually 1.618... It relates back to the Fibonacci Sequence, which is represented by the braille numbers along the bottom underneath the symbols at the Fringe website. The numbers occur naturally in so many places...the spiral of a seahorse's tail, the number of petals on a daisy, a bee's lineage (think of the wing replacing one of the daisy petals). Even the shape of the apple core can be traced back the the geometry of the Golden Ratio.

When any number in the sequence is divided by the number immediately preceding it, the answer is 1.618... - the Golden Ratio. As the numbers used get higher, the answer nears nature's perfect number".

From Alex (notdatbigyet):

"Phi in Human Anatomy
Look at your own hand:

You have ...
2 hands each of which has ...
5 fingers, each of which has ...
3 parts separated by ...
2 knuckles

If you measure the lengths of the bones in your finger (best seen by slightly bending the finger) the ratio of the longest bone in a finger to the middle bone is Phi (1.618...).

The distance from the top of your head to the floor divided by your arm span measured fingertip to fingertip is Phi (1.618...).

Strands of DNA are Phi (1.618...) spirals."

Even my 11-year old son noticed that most fingerprints are spiral-shaped.

As to The Fibonacci Spiral itself, it is constructed by drawing arcs from opposite corners of squares in tiles sized according to the Fibonacci Sequence (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, etc.). As noted previously this spiral is evident in the cross-section of an apple, a seahorse's tail, and even...

A ram's horn: Here this last glyph was presented with the extended version of The Golden Ratio (Phi) written on it, beginning 1.618033... and the Fibonacci Spiral superimposed perfectly on the horn.

The "Pattern" always seems to bring us back to the same thing: the relationship among The Fibonacci Sequence, The Fibonacci Spiral and Phi -- The Golden Ratio (1.618...)
Old 08-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok...so there's a lot of stuff here, and I just want to preface it with an apology if it's already been discussed here. So...sorry.

I went over to Imagine the Impossibilities to check out the fourth piece of evidence Mandy's referring to above. In doing so, I noticed that a "sixth" piece of evidence has been added. There in no EVIDENCE_0005 that I could find. So this newest "clue" is an overhead view of a man entering what appears to be a dark office, picking up a photo perhaps (though I couldn't tell what it was), looking at it in the light, and then shredding it. (I thought maybe he shredded the fifth piece of evidence. ) In the lower right hand corner is a photo or drawing (perhaps on an easel) of the Golden Spiral. The oddest thing however, is that the entire scene is viewed through some sort of screen or mesh. I thought even perhaps an insect's vision as there are lots of small openings (could be lenses).

Also, I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I may have missed it. The first piece of evidence consists of geographical coordinates. I think that's been mentioned. But it turns out that that are all towns in Iowa, which is where the sheep starting acting up. They are Cresco, Estherville, Carroll, and Vinton. The third piece of evidence shows the partial connection geographically of the cities. The other two, not surprisingly complete a Golden Rectangle!!!

After researching some other Fringe blogs and forums, I found the link to the missing fifth piece of evidence. The link is here. It seems to be the general consensus that this is indeed the evidence that was destroyed in EVIDENCE_6 and therefore explains why there is no longer a link from the site. The missing evidence is DNA that appears to be samples taken from the sheep in Iowa. The names of the cities where the sheep were are listed at the bottom. They happen to be...Cresco, Estherville, Carroll, and Vinton.

Also one more thing that's interesting is that the time stamp on all the evidence is in chronological order except for the one on #5. It is actually dated/timed prior to the very first piece of evidence. I guess the lab had to have time to get their DNA results before they could present them as evidence.

~Amy~

Avi credit...me.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Amy, thanks for posting the link to the pic of the DNA. Yes, I have to agree that that is what was shredded in EVIDENCE_6. Thanks! Because I couldn't at all make out that "blob" on the photo before it got shredded. And I watched that dark video several times. Excellent detective work.

Now, as to the seemingly isolated phenomena that are being dubbed "The Pattern", although they are listed as part of The Pattern, they do not seem to be patterned at all. So, we have to believe that they are because the "news" and "radio" reports (promulgated for "Fringe" by FOX marketing) suspect that they are. I went to the Fringepedia site to get an outline of the knows incidents listed in The Pattern.

They are:

1. all passengers and crew from Flight 627 at Logan Airport, Boston Mass. are found gruesomely dead;

2. a child who went missing in 1998 reappeared 10 years later half-way around the world, not having aged a day. Some 46 other children missing that same year turn up as well, no older than the date they went missing;

3. on a ranch near Topeka, Kansas, 210 healthy head of cattle die. There is no sign of injury or disease, except that autopsies revealed the cattle had human internal organs;

4. off the coast of Sri Lanka an offshore earthquake measuring 8.7 creates a tsumani that wipes out the city of Moratuwa, killing 83,000 people. Two local fishermen reported witnessing a low-flying plane skirting the surface of the ocean at high speeds, and seconds later a high-pitched frequency shatters their boat's windows and disables their engine. No aftershocks from the earthquake are felt, damaged in localized to 5 km from the epicenter, and no one outside of Moratuwa reports any sign of the quake;

5. In Chicago, Illinois Adam Sears is returned to his family ten years to the day after he went missing. He was found asleep in the loading dock of a pharmaceutical factory in Munich, Germany. He has no memory of the ten years he was missing, and he hadn't aged a day;

6. an 87-year-old man in Lisbon, Portugal wakes after 23 years in a stroke-induced coma. He cannot speak, but writes down a series of numbers. American Intelligence determines that the numbers are the real-time coordinates of every US Navy ship in the Pacific Ocean at the very moment the man woke up;

7. in Portland, Oregon something called the "Taylor incident" involves a neonatal phenomenon.

8. in Iowa, CASE_0091, 11 groups of sheep form giant perfect circles. On their horns is etched the number 1.61803398874989484820458683436563811 -- the number Phi.

Several "radio" ads all refer to the pattern: a dead man wakes up in morgue; wedding guests are disoriented and don't remember the previous 2 hours; a disoriented man in Baltimore, Maryland claims to have just been in a London department store, and security camera tapes confirm his story; a 5-year-old girl's dream reveals the location of her kidnapped sister; a 4-year-old boy spontaneously speaks 6 different languages; and a 51-year-old woman grows 8.5 inches overnight.

Isn't this fun?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Loyal Fan

There is now a seventh piece of evidence. It is simply a word in Braille, which I translated to be Parkersburg. When I googled it, I found several entries for Parkersburg, VA and one for Parkersburg, IOWA! Maybe more sheep? Calls for more research.

~Amy~

Avi credit...me.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

My husband has got a maths degree (he got a 1st), I think I'm going to have to get him to read through this thread and explain it to me in words of one syllable!! It sounds right up his street.

Good work Amy, Donna and Alex. If only I could keep up with you.

My photoblog
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I went back to the braille Parkersburg. You can click on one of the dots in the last "r", and it will take you to some satellite readings and two videos of tornadoes...one destroying a bank and the other destroying a house. Per Wikipedia, there was a F5 tornado that hit Parkersburg, IA on May 25, 2008 killing six people. If you'll remember, the farmer in previous evidence said he remembered hearing something like an earthquake. Hmmm...

Also, when I looked at the map location of Parkersburg, it looks like it could be smack dab in the core of a Golden Spiral using the previously mentioned four Iowa cities as points on the rectangle. I'm sure this could be confirmed or refuted somehow, but I wouldn't know how.

~Amy~

Avi credit...me.

Last edited by calzo; 08-27-2008 at 04:19 AM