Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-22-2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would have been interesting to see some episodes that involved ETs - since they would certainly fit in with the general scope of Fringe. But they might have also detracted from the central theme for the exact reason that they might have made a lot of viewers assume that the odd events were ALL caused by ETs.

~Heidi
Old 10-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Total Fan

Fringe Rewatch Thread #6: Re-living 5 years of the BEST TV Series

Another classic scene in my opinion on "Fringe" is when in the final seconds of 'Northwest Passage', which originally aired on May 6, 2010, the mysterious Mr. Secretary from the alternate universe (The Man From The Other Side) is revealed as the 1985 scientist referred to as Walternate, the doppelganger of our own lovable "mad" scientist Dr. Walter Bishop.

*I consider this the second most shocking "Fringe" scene in its five year run, just behind the first Twin Towers scene, and just ahead of Etta's death.

Only in the alternate universe he is the U.S. Secretary of Defense and heading the war against our universe from his office in the still-bronze Statue of Liberty in New York City (he really mellowed in the altered timelines, even becoming our ally) instead of Washington, D.C., where the Pentagon was completely destroyed in the 9/11 attacks over there.

He, of course, is Peter's real father and 'kidnaps' him back to the alternate universe.

The song Peter is listening to is Band of Horses - "Is There a Ghost" from 2007.

And if that wasn't enough, for the first time we got a glimpse of the equally voluptuous redhead alternate Olivia Dunham (i.e.; Altivia, Boliva, Fauxlivia, etc.) in the promo for the next episode 'Over There, Part 1', which ran immediately after "Northwest Passage", of which aired the following week on May 13, 2010.

Note "Fringe" was still airing on Thursdays at the time.

*We knew for sure that alternate Olivia Dunham existed 'over there' ever since 'The Road Not Taken', which aired on May 5, 2009, when she ordered half of Boston in a quarantine lockdown. She was never seen however, until the 'Over There, Part 1' promo. And we found out for the first time that she was a redhead.

This was truly the heyday of "Fringe"

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 10-23-2018 at 02:36 PM
Old 10-23-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

What was the most shocking scene for you? I agree the end of that episodes was really good, I didn't see it coming and I love that song
Old 10-23-2018, 03:28 PM
Total Fan

This one.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same!! A really moment
Old 10-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Total Fan

The "X-Files" days of "Fringe".

https://www.tvguide.com/news/fringe-...ringe-1002808/
Old 10-29-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

X-Files?
Old 10-29-2018, 07:06 PM
Total Fan

Click on the link and read the article.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 10-29-2018 at 08:01 PM
Old 11-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Total Fan

In a scene reminiscent of "The Omen" movie series, Bob Englehart gets impaled against the side of a trash dumpster by a falling steel girder while colleague Jayne Reynar, in shock and covered in Bob's blood splatter, looks at the drawing that was handed to them ... a drawing that exactly depicts the scene with Bob's impaled corpse by Emily Mallum, a talented sketch artist who has a unique gift, the ability to envision fatal events before they occur, in S4-EP10 'Forced Perspective' that originally aired on January 27, 2012.

Get prepared to get grossed out:

Freeze-Frame:

Emily Mallum steps into a three-dimensional, motionless image of the Allston Courthouse just milliseconds after Alpert Duncan detonates a bomb inside the building. Unrestrained in her vision, she roams freely through the rubble and crowd of victims frozen in suspended animation. Some of them have yet to be engulfed, some are inverted in mid-air with the still flying debris and many are buried in the rubble, including Duncan, in her vision.

"Fringe" always was very adept at blending the human condition with science fiction and 'Forced Perspective" is no exception.
The very bittersweet, sentimental scene between Emily Mallum and her father Jim just before she dies from a stroke caused by her innate psychic ability.

Let's hope alternate Emily Mallum is doing much better.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That episode totally creeped me out. I can't watch the opening.

~Heidi
Old 11-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Total Fan

The first scene ever of "Fringe" from September 9, 2008.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Such a bold pilot opening
Old 11-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Since that scene I was hooked
Old 11-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Total Fan

"Fringe" was known to interject the human condition into many of their storylines and one of the most bittersweet scenes in my opinion occurred in S2-EP18 "White Tulip", originally airing on April 15, 2010, in which scientist Alistair Peck finally succeeded in travelling back in time to May 18 2009, only to at the very last minute change his mind and decide instead to die with his fiancée Arlette Turling, instead of saving her from a reckless driver who broadsided her while on her way to register for their wedding gifts, killing her instantly.

Can you imagine the autopsy on Alistair Peck with all those hand-crafted devices he inserted for time travelling under his skin?

Old 11-10-2018, 09:44 PM
Total Fan

The May 20, 2010 "Fringe" Season 2 finale and final scene of 'Over There, Part 2', when Walternate takes our Olivia hostage in the alternate universe and sends Altivia to our universe, I consider to be one of the most deliciously sinister scenes of the series. The look on Walternate's face as he closes the shutter down on a hysterical Olivia is so diabolically Vincent Price-ish.

Just as a glimpse of the still standing Twin Towers a year earlier on the Season 1 finale and final scene of 'There's More Than One Of Everything' had viewers waiting all summer long with baited breath, this cliffhanger was comprable in keeping viewers waiting with great anticipation all summer long for the Fall season premiere.