Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
I realized I'm not on the fanlist. Please add me
Sofia, could you add me please? Thanks~

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
What bothers me the most is the inferiority complex that she developing thinking that Alt is a better version of her. They’re different and each has strong and weak points, but no way Alt is better than Olivia. I would be very upset if the show was telling us that smiling more, putting on a dress or lipstick and being care free makes one person better than the other.
I agree. Besides I think our Olivia is better in some aspects. Bolivia is more manipulative and doesn't care about what she has to do or who she has to use to complete a mission.

I think Olivia feels that way because the man she loves chose Bolivia. I'm not saying Peter chose her, I'm saying Olivia feels that he unconsciously chose her.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

At 1st i was thinking tha Bolovia is selfish and has a cold heart etc etc - i kinda hated her ...but if we put ourselves in her position -> her world is going to be torn apart... and Walternate managed to make her believe "the others" are the bad guys... i'm not saying i'm taking her side... cause i like our Olivia more... and i hope Peter will chose Olivia.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we’ll have a better idea about Alt-Livia in this week’s episode. I’m not taking side. I love Olivia, the qualities that she has are qualities that I admire, but I can also see Alt-Livia’s side when she was over here and the only time I think she crossed the line was when she shot the deaf guy; and even then, although I condemn it, I understand that she couldn’t take chances.

Unfortunately Olivia has reasons to feel the way she is. You know, when you have doubts, most certainly you have a reason to feel that way. If I were her, I would have done the same; I would have read that paper; I would have to deal with the consequences, but it’s better to know than being in the dark. Even if what you know it’s not what you wanted to know.

Mary, you’re added. Sorry I didn’t notice the first time.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)

Mary, you’re added. Sorry I didn’t notice the first time.
Thanks! I think you were waiting for Laura to add me before, but I just wanted to make sure I got on the list.

What I find ironic between Olivia and altOlivia is that Walter did the testing on young Olivia in order to make her into a "soldier" yet altOlivia seems to be embracing that role naturally from Walternate.

I'm not a fan of altOlivia. As far as I can see, she is nothing like Olivia. In the fight scene between the Olivias in the Season 2 finale, Olivia asked her to help her, tried to reason with her and instead altOlivia threw the feelings she had for Peter in her face. It was like she didn't even care that this was her alternative self. And then to freely manipulate those in Olivia's world including Peter, not even caring what was happening to Olivia sealed it for me. The idea that Peter has ANY feelings for her just irritates me. I'm blaming it on the sex.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon

Last edited by Emsea; 02-09-2011 at 07:58 PM
Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
n the fight scene between the Olivias in the Season 2 finale, Olivia asked her to help her, tried to reason with her and instead altOlivia threw the feelings she had for Peter in her face
And Olivia did all that reasoning pointing a gun at AltOlivia's face. AltOlivia wasn't even armed. Olivia could have put her arms up in a "I'm not here to do harm" but instead, she went all FBI agent instead of being a reasonable human being.

Not hating on Olivia, just looking at from AltOlivia's side since she matters, too.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 02-09-2011 at 08:40 PM
Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
And Olivia did all that reasoning pointing a gun at AltOlivia's face. AltOlivia wasn't even armed. Olivia could have put her arms up in a "I'm not here to do harm" but instead, she went all FBI agent instead of being a reasonable human being.

Not hating on Olivia, just looking at from AltOlivia's side since she matters, too.
And she probably would have pulled a gun on her AU mom too until she realized she was someone she could trust. Both of them acting like an agent to me wasn't the issue. What I'm saying is that she went to her AU self trying to get help because she obviously thought her AU self would at least be open minded to what she was requesting. She didn't even give her a chance, even after all the mother/sister exchange. She went right to seeing her as an enemy.

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 02-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As an actress it must be thrilling for Anna to play Olivia and Alt-Livia and she’s doing it brilliantly. But for the love of me, I find all that easiness (so far) around Alt so disturbing I smile so much, I’m so funny, every guy falls for me, I’m perfect! The sad thing is that Olivia thinks she is, when they both have weak and strong traits. I think the hard times are only beginning for Alt now that she’s pregnant. When she was in that hospital bed I think for the first time she fully realised that her life had been turned upside down. I’m curious to know how she’ll react, if she’s going to be just a pawn used by Walternate in the universes war, or if she’ll try to do the right thing whatever that is.

When I see Alt, I know that Olivia will always be my favorite version; I love her brokenness, her sadness, that burden that she carries around her. That’s the reason I’ve immediately liked her in the Pilot and I’ll be tremendously disappointed and angry if they think they have to change her to become a better version. She’s been a punch bag from the go; she has every right to be the way she is. Give her some happiness, some joy in her life, someone who can appreciate her and she’ll be fine. I need the old Olivia back on my screen.

However, I believe there will be a time when both Olivias will start to merge, they’ll share similar experiences and absorb some traits of each other. If that happens, as long as it’s nothing too much, I’ll be happy. Give Alt some maturity, some appreciation, and give Olivia a little more lightness living her life.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

yes yes and yes
Old 02-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

I really love how Anna is able to portray them so differently
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think now Alt!Olivia is starting to realize that she couldn't just waltz in to a different universe and not expect any kind of consequences like Walter says there are always consequences. Also when she drank the water was it infected? the scientist said she wasn't the final host, I'm not sure what he meant by that, did he mean the baby was infected or that because she was pregnant she couldn't get infected?

Our Olivia is going to be destroyed by this
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. I can't help feeling bad for our Olivia. Alt!Olivia took her life and the man she loves. Now she's going to have a baby with him. She will be devastated.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Absolute Fan

I would really like an episode where I don't have to feel bad for Olivia. I wonder if I'm ever going to get one this season.

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 02-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
I think now Alt!Olivia is starting to realize that she couldn't just waltz in to a different universe and not expect any kind of consequences like Walter says there are always consequences. Also when she drank the water was it infected? the scientist said she wasn't the final host, I'm not sure what he meant by that, did he mean the baby was infected or that because she was pregnant she couldn't get infected?

Our Olivia is going to be destroyed by this
There was nothing in the water; the final host was he, the scientist, not Olivia. But we know that everything has a purpose on this show and in previous episodes we've had interrupted pregnancies, bugs causing deaths, so I still have my doubts about her having this baby. And if she has, who knows if he'll be healthy? Will the crossing universe not affect it?

Mary, as for not having to feel bad for Olivia, I think we can take a seat and wait

Here’s the cartoon version of Anna.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

too funny. Don't know how much of a crossover the Cleveland Show and Fringe has, but I'll take what I can get!