Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
It is heartbreaking for me, as a fan of the show and the characters, that so much hate is and blame is being flung at Peter when we haven't even seen how the storyline played out yet.

Can't we wait and watch a couple more episodes before assigning Peter to the wolves? And if you ship P/O together, won't that be hard to do if you essentially hate one half of the pairing?
i couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 09-24-2010 at 07:19 PM
Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
what if, given Over There's memory technology - she's got an advantage and does indeed know enough about Olivia to get by?
They don't know her enough to do that, tho, and she hasn't been in their hands before the switch, so they couldn't get her memories. And even if she could fake memories, you can't fake being a person you don't even know. I just have a very hard time believing Peter would fall for her act for so long. She doesn't drink, her mother is alive, she doesn't have a sister and a niece. What if she doesn't like jazz? What if they talk about Jacksonville? The almost kiss? That Olivia shot her stepfather? About John? And Francis and how she took his death really hard? Those are some of the things that she just can't fake. It's ok if Peter doesn't notice anything at first, it's understandable, but in the long run it will be just ridiculous.

Quote:
It is heartbreaking for me, as a fan of the show and the characters, that so much hate and blame is being flung at Peter when we haven't even seen how the storyline played out yet.

Can't we wait and watch a couple more episodes before assigning Peter to the wolves? And if you ship P/O together, won't that be hard to do if you essentially hate one half of the pairing?
When did I say I hate him? When did I blame him of anything? I love Peter and sometimes I love him more than Olivia, but it seems like the words I'm actually typing aren't the words being read. I WILL be pissed if it turns out he did believe it was his Olivia, and it will be heartbreaking for her to find out Peter was bedding the other one while she was there stuck Over There going thru hell b/c of him and he didn't even notice the difference. I think anyone would take it pretty hard. Now it'd be much much better if Peter was conning Altlivia to find out her plan and bring Olivia back. Otherwise, it might be shocking to find out it was the wrong Olivia, but I can't see why it'd be heartbreaking for him.

Quote:
I mentioned this would be a cool twist a while ago... and I still think it would... but form what we know I get the feeling that's not the route their going down.
Than I guess my annoyance is justified, knowing or not how it all play out.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Peter just has to know something is up with Olivia and I hated that he kissed alt!olivia
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

I don't understand why thinking and hoping Peter notices something and being disappointed if he doesn't is being equated with hating him I do love Peter but I think I can love a character and still be disappointed in some of their actions and wish they had done something differently

This is not a contest about which side is more hurt but right now (so far as we have watched) Olivia is the one stuck over there losing her memories so I feel bad for her. My heart broke when in the cab Olivia said "I guess they had to leave without me" she thinks they just left her there, its sad, I am not sure it'll be better when she learns people whom she loves did not notice that there was an impostor in her place. I do feel bad that Peter is being lied to again but in the end it is not by someone he actually loves and I think or at least hope that when all is revealed he will feel a little guilty about not realizing anything. He can be mad at Alt-Livia but that really is not my concern

Old 09-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think once they get Olivia back, she'll be hurt, and put some distance between herself and the others--mainly Peter. The one thing I was erked about with this episode is that they gave her Alt-Olivia's tattoo. That could have been one of the more significant things for her being found out.

Other parts of the show made me smile. Charlie's back... I hope they bring him back to the other side, worms and all. I'm also wondering where the other guy Lincoln is in the real universe, as he knew Nick. They kind of looked a like.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 09-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
When did I say I hate him? When did I blame him of anything? I love Peter and sometimes I love him more than Olivia, but it seems like the words I'm actually typing aren't the words being read.
You said: "Frankly, I couldn't give a rat's ass about Peter's side." Direct quote. Which I basically read as you not caring about Peter or the fact that he's being betrayed, too. Sorry if you thought "hate" was too strong a word, just how I interpreted your post, I guess.

Quote:
I WILL be pissed if it turns out he did believe it was his Olivia, and it will be heartbreaking for her to find out Peter was bedding the other one while she was there stuck Over There going thru hell b/c of him and he didn't even notice the difference.
Olivia isn't over there going through hell because of Peter!! She's over there going through hell because of Walternate and Alt-Livia. It's not Peter's fault they got switched; he didn't cause this to happen. He's being lied to and used just as much as Olivia is. Walternate is the one torturing her, playing with her memories. Alt-Livia is the one following orders, doing what she needs to dupe Peter and the team.

Quote:
I think anyone would take it pretty hard. Now it'd be much much better if Peter was conning Altlivia to find out her plan and bring Olivia back. Otherwise, it might be shocking to find out it was the wrong Olivia, but I can't see why it'd be heartbreaking for him.
So if he is conning Alt-Livia all along, it would be OK? But if he thinks it's Olivia, it's not? Seems to me like it'd be better if we twist that around. At lest he thinks it's Olivia he's kissing/romancing; otherwise anything he does with Alt-Livia is intentional. Not saying I like the fact that Peter's may sleep with Alt-Livia, but it needs to be said that he thinks it's Olivia. How can it be a betrayal if he's not even aware of the fact that's he's committing an act betrayal?

Quote:
Olivia is the one stuck over there losing her memories so I feel bad for her. My heart broke when in the cab Olivia said "I guess they had to leave without me" she thinks they just left her there, its sad
Well, I feel bad for Olivia too. I love Olivia. But we haven't seen much of Peter yet, or his interaction with Alt-Livia or whatever lengths she may have gone to or is going to in order to convince him that she's the real Olivia.

Quote:
I do feel bad that Peter is being lied to again but in the end it is not by someone he actually loves and I think or at least hope that when all is revealed he will feel a little guilty about not realizing anything. He can be mad at Alt-Livia but that really is not my concern
We don't know how long Peter won't know for though. And to me this seems to be the main issue people are having - not that he won't notice at first, but for how long will he be fooled for. And since we don't know the answer to that yet, I guess I just wish people would wait a little while before writing him off and saying how horrible it is that he doesn't know.

Peter is not deliberately betraying Olivia. He is being used as a pawn in Walternate's plan just as much as Olivia is, IMO.

I suspect this whole story line will probably take P/O further apart before they get closer together. But I am OK with that, if the story is told well, and I think the Fringe writers are pretty good at telling good stories.

I think the Fringe writers are probably smart enough to know they can't expect the audience to believe Alt-Livia can fool the entire Fringe team, including Peter especially, without a few good cards up her sleeves. And I'll bet Alt-Livia does indeed have some cards up her sleeve.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We should all wait until we watch next week’s episode, at least. We know nothing about the interaction between Peter and Olivia. We don’t even know if we’ll have a scene prior to the one we had in “Olivia” that will show the tone between them when they crossed over. Peter is not the bad guy here. Little time has passed since they’ve returned, so unless Olivia had done something disgracefully out of character, he couldn’t know. And c’mon, if you had a hot girl, all wet throwing herself at you, what part of your body would take over?

Yes, there are many things that can go down terribly and feel very out of character for both Peter and Walter; PWO were supposed to be this little family unit and both guys are very perceptive: Walter knew something was in the air between PO, and Peter knew Olivia well enough to be around her when he knew she was not all right. If they have Altlivia behaving oddly, wearing make- up, colorful clothes, etc, and no one says a thing, that will be bad because it has nothing to do with knowing a person, it’s a simple realization of a different fact.

I don’t mind that it will take some time (they wouldn’t waste the tension, the drama), but it would be great that they could show some suspicion, some doubt for some of Altlivia’s actions. She could come up with some excuse after that, but it would show they’re not completely blind and they had noticed something different. And we still don’t know what kind of abilities and resources Altlivia has, so, let’s wait.

There’s one thing I don’t want to happen though: that they all knew from the start who Altlivia was and were only playing her game. That would be too cheap and simple for Fringe. Not to mention that they would have consciously left Olivia alone on the other side, at the mercy of Walternate.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Elite Fan

I think we should all just set around and wait for the episodes because frankly, we don't know anything yet.
just the fact that Peter is love stoned by Olivia. and he lived with her for like what...two days?! we should just wait before making these kinda assumptions.

Man, even though i HATE the fact that she's using him. and that she ain't no Olivia, but i have watched that SP over 20 times.

HE IS SO HAPPPYYYY!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Gorgeous picspam! Look at his smile
Old 09-25-2010, 03:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Otherwise, it might be shocking to find out it was the wrong Olivia, but I can't see why it'd be heartbreaking for him.
Are you sure? I mean Peter is really in love with Olivia and finding out to have betrayed her unintentionally don't you think that it will break him down? That he will feel very guilty and he will even find out that she has forgotten him? This season will be hard for both Olivia and Peter in my opinion.

And don't forget the fact that now Olivia thinks to be her alter probably..and like her alter she will have feelings for Frank..i don't think that Peter will be the only one cheating unintentionally here...both Olivia and Peter are being used and betrayed and neither of this is their fault.

As to notice things...we don't really know anything...from what i've read Bolivia will come out with a very satisfyting reason for why she is not really the same anymore...so we have to wait and see

And i'm glad that you liked my picspam Peter is SO happy that i don't think for even a second that he could fake it...
Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

Ohhh, "Polivia" on tumblr is you?

i love your picspams. <33333333
Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes it's me

And thank you!! I'm glad that you like them *_*
Old 09-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

Old 09-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yara

Team Peeta ! I adore him !

I just saw a spoiler and it says they'll figure out that wrong Liv with them at episode

Spoiler !

Last edited by [løst15]; 09-25-2010 at 04:51 AM
Old 09-25-2010, 04:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

And to keep that in perspective, half those episodes are Over There, so we can almost halve that number assuming the time-frames are going to be run pretty much simultaneously in both Universes. So who knows how long that will translate into time-wise on the show, but episode-wise, is not so bad.