Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

And Dixon kissed Silver which Teddy saw. That's it, basically. A rewatch is definitely needed
Old 02-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

dixon/debbie reconciled & jasper put annie on the spot about his uncle
how did you forget those

The Sixon Website
Silver/Dixon
Old 02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

I watched 4 more today. Yowza.

And sadly, these were the weakest of the bunch.

The introduction of Ivy. The demise of Ade/Navid The Sasha arch

I did notice, maybe didn't want to originally, how much Jen truly cared for Ryan. It was almost like he was a blank slate for her. But he was never able to see, past her bull****.

The Naomi/Richard/Jamie stuff was fun. But I'm glad it didn't drag on too long. I like how Naomi shared her story about her grandfather with Jamie. I enjoy her vulnerable moments.

But the sweats. And Ade's line "what country has ever gone to war for thighs?"

Annie/Jasper, re-watching you can tell how much a of a jerk he is from the get-go. I am a bit baffled people actually ship them, mainly because, he was manipulating her from day one.

The Silver/Jackie dying arch, is good. But it bred into Teddy's mom dying, and that sorta killed all that for me. But I loved her speech to Jackie, so great.

kenny | credit
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The introduction of Ivy. The demise of Ade/Navid The Sasha arch
For me those were weaker plot points as well. The Sasha stuff could have had a bit of comic potential had they only used her for an episode or two but they made the thing too far too dramatic and turned her into a psycho. It wasn't so much the Navid/Ade demise I hated, it was the relapse story that followed.

Quote:
Annie/Jasper, re-watching you can tell how much a of a jerk he is from the get-go. I am a bit baffled people actually ship them, mainly because, he was manipulating her from day one.
I suppose he seemed like a nice enough friend to her when nobody else was there so I'd say her fans appreciated that. I think once he started to display obvious signs of cuckooness they stopped shipping them

Quote:
The Silver/Jackie dying arch, is good. But it bred into Teddy's mom dying, and that sorta killed all that for me. But I loved her speech to Jackie, so great.
I didn't particularly like how they handled that whole thing but the final scene between Ann Gillespie and Jennie and then the death scene with Stroup was really emotional and well done.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

I liked her line about Dawson's Creek "I'm not going to climb through your window Katie Holmes Style...Dawson's Creek...Oh right, you were too young" Other than that, good riddance. I did like how Deb was able to expose her, the way she did. So clever.

I don't know, I could tell his endgame from day 1. I didn't like how they made Matt a rapist to further the Jasper plot. I think those two - weren't awful.

What didn't you like about they handled it?

I thought it was a shame they destroyed Ade in favor of causing all this conflict and having her relapse. I almost don't want Navid back with her, because what she did to him, was really low. And I love Ade, I do. So that was hard to see play out.

kenny | credit
Old 02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind Silver/Teddy in fact I like some parts of it. I didn't like having Mark a date rapist either i thought he was a good guy for Annie. Jasper is crazy but he does entertain me I don't ship him and Annie but I like some parts of their realationship. I wish he was less crazy though.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Jasper is a good example of the kinds of guys that slowly manipulate, and I know this, as some of my friends have had Jasper's control them.

Silver/Teddy doesn't bug me, honestly... but I just feel, it's main reason for ever working, has to do with the dead mom plot, and that bothers me. Otherwise, they were never really anything.

kenny | credit
Old 02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

i despise the silver/teddy relationship

The Sixon Website
Silver/Dixon
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

I'd push him off a cliff if I could.

Oh yeh, WORST. GUEST. STAR. EVER.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What didn't you like about they handled it?
Because they rewrote the history of the original when they didn't need to. They could have still had her mother relapse without having to change anything from the original. They just had to say it happened a ew years later.

Quote:
I didn't like having Mark a date rapist either i thought he was a good guy for Annie.
I didn't think he was ideal for Annie given the sext but I thought the date rapist thing was a bit over the top. He had potential and the actor and Shenae kind of bounced off each other. I understand that they did it so that Annie and Jasper would seem believable and to make Annie even more a victim but still, he was one guest star that I had liked.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed with all the sentiments regarding Mark. Mark the character had plenty of charisma and the actor had chemistry with Shenae. It's a shame they couldn't have had Jasper frame him for something instead; make Mark look good through Jasper, rather than the other way around.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Elite Fan

I finished the episodes. All caught up. Loved how it ended.

I have to say, despite my issues with Jasper, Shenae really sold her affection towards him, and disgust when she found out the truth. I'm interested to see where that all goes.

I hate to say this, but after a re-watch, I'm a little torn with Silver being with Dixon or Teddy. And I know, that sounds Oh, so ridiculous, but I feel like Dixon would still leave her if things got too complicated or dramatic, so I feel like he needs to learn more. His whole MO is because he noticed Teddy strike a bond with her, so now I'm on the fence about that.

Thought I would've had a less cynical opinion of Ivy, I don't. Well, I will say, I don't mind her as a "friend" but not romantically linked to like Liam, or Teddy, for that matter. Yikes!

kenny | credit
Old 03-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=Chastidy;44324430]Because they rewrote the history of the original when they didn't need to. They could have still had her mother relapse without having to change anything from the original. They just had to say it happened a ew years later.

I agree completly like in S1 when it was implied that Jackie relapsed when she was 12 or 13 after her Dad cheated on Jackie again I don't understand why they changed that.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree completly like in S1 when it was implied that Jackie relapsed when she was 12 or 13 after her Dad cheated on Jackie again I don't understand why they changed that.
I have no idea why. I think it was just to overdramatise how difficult Silver's childhood was. It was unnecessary though. Silver had reason to hate Jackie for relapsing without them having to change what happened in the original. Whatever though, the writers have pretty much disrespected everything about the original so this was hardly going to be any different.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Loyal Fan

This is probably a really stupid question, but I've never seen the original. What happened?