Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

GG was pretty crazy. I think people might be upset becausz of a specific scene between Chuck and Blair.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Blair comes back to see Chuck after he ruined a party she attended and when she tells him she is engaged he goes crazy. Almost hit her, hit the glass, she gets hurt, he is pretty violent and he tells her she is his and the athmosphere is weird, as if he would almost rape her.
She leaves, Nate comes in and decides to choose Raina's side over Chuck after seing Blair leaving like that.
Guess it's pretty bad.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

... Wow.

Chuck is a psycho.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

OK, so let's make a new crossover couple: Chadrianna
Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

I could totally see it

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

I kinda felt bad for the guy during this episode. Well til she started bleeding on her cheek because he went crazy Then I felt bad for her and wondered what the ehck just happened there.

they would be pretty bad together.

I think people also are upset because apparently the producer or director or dunno who is trying to justify that scene and say Chuck would never hurt her or whatever. Which has just been done but maybe they don't watch the same show we do.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knew there was a reason why I hated chuck in season 1.. he grew on me after that but now? Can't feel sorry for the guy..
Old 05-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Is it bad that I still think Chuck/Blair should be together forever after hearing that?

Obviously a RL couple, I would say ditch the psycho, run for the hills, but this is CB and I don't watch it anymore but I loooooved them to bits when I did.
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to looove CB, but I think the writers have gone a little too far on this one tbh.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Hmm, maybe its not affecting me because I havent actually seen the scene but I'm not sure I'm up for youtubing it and ruining them for me.

Why do shows do this?! Ruin the best couples, make them unlikeable characters and just jump the shark completely.
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I stopped shipping them a while ago so the scene might not bother you. Aha.

I don't know it's strange. I tend to always ship the couples that are like tragic, cause I think they are really interesting but sometimes the writers just take it too far and ruin it.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

They went way too far with them. Their games while they were a couple were already seriously sick but this? This is bad. I wouldn't want a couple I truly ship to ever face something like that. A woman should never go back to a man who almost hit her/rape her. It's just wrong. An it's def not a good message to send to women and grls who watch it.

I like Chuck, I think the character is complex and it's interesting. The way he evolved this season is weird though when you think of it. It started so good for him and it ends in the worst and darkest place.

I loved Chuck/Blair together but I never really shipped (hard) any couple on this show. Now I do and it's Dan/Blair.
Though, to be honest I believe it will end up with Chuck and Blair. There really isn't much doubts in my mind.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Chuck/Blair is basically endgame no matter what.

Up until now people have basically forgiven Chuck for whatever he has done, but I think the writers really went too far. I see a LOT of messages on twitter of people tweeting to the writers that they are sending the wrong message to women, and I agree. The writers apparently don't feel that way though and people are kind of shocked that the writers would continue to per sue this relationship. At least from what I've seen.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Well exactly! I think the message is REALLY wrong. For their own sake, I hope they won't make Blair forgive him his behaviour this time. If they do, it will be bad. I guess a lot of shippers are mad. I'm upset if they do something like that as a woman. She should NEVER go back to him. Not after that. And the writers defending him saying he would never hurt Blair... Come on guys... Is there a woman in the writers? If there is she better raises her voice because this is as bad as domestic violences. And there's no way someone should defend that.

I think it would be wrong at many levels but especially now that they've portrayed Blair as a strong woman. As a woman who wants to be powerful and not because of the man she is with but only because of who she is and what she does. A woman should never forgive her lover for this kind of actions but especially not after she's done everything to escape that kind of ****.

I'm not surprised people are sending them messages and it's actually a good thing imo. If they can't see what's wrong with that scene, they should be fired.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Meluffy - Personally, I think the scene has been blown out of proportion. Chuck didn't rape Blair. He grabbed her. She told him, "I don't love you" - which is a lie (we all know it), and he reacted by punching the wall/glass. When she said "Stop!" he stopped. Now if Chuck was so mad that he raped Blair, right there, then yes, I'd totally be on that bandwagon. Hoping the writers found a way to kill him off. But they were smart with the execution of how the scene was orchestrated, to make it controversial, but not truly cross the line of truly destroying his image. I think Buffy was worse, as Spike kept saying "I want you inside of me" and her meakness to the situation (her usually being strong) - with GG, I think they were able to come across how dark/down Chuck is, but shed a sign of hope, of things not going too far. I think the action alone is what's warranted this reaction, but I think, it wasn't to the extreme of how people ended up reacting to it. And I'll be totally honest, I totally wrote Chuck off and was all for Dair, and now, I'm torn... again. I just wonder what Chuck's next moves will be. His instinct is to sabotage himself and others, I wonder if this time, things will change, or if he'll continue to go down this dark path. I mean, at this point, he's alone. He even lost Nate.

kenny | credit
Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

I agree on the fact Buffy scene was worst. That scene was terrible and I've never shipped Spike/Buffy before (let alone after) that anyway. And Spike was always borderline, that was the interesting part in his character too (I've always loved bad Spike with Dru, not so much after).
But it's different with Chuck/Blair and imo he crossed the line in that scene. Of course he didn't rape her and didn't try anything too bad there (thanks God, that would have been the craziest thing) but it is still very violent and to me, the athosphere during that scene is seriously weird. That's why he said "almost" raped her, I'm not sure how to put it. English isn't my first language and I don't know how to explain clearly the vibe I got during that scene. And if he didn't hit her/rape her, his actions are similar to me because the way he keeps syaing "you're mine" while being violent is wrong.

It's a first step to real and physical violence imo. Chuck really is a mess right now and I do believe in real life it might start like that and end up badly. Which is why I think it would be a terrible mistake to ever make them being a couple again. Not because I ship Dan/Blair but because I think Blair is better than this. I have no doubts they are endgame though, so I'm sure they'll find a way to make it happen. But I don't think i'll ever be OK with it. And even if she loves him and lied, it doesn't change a thing to me. As a woman I would never accept that from the guy I love and I don't think Blair should.

He really is alone. Though, tbh, I think Nate's reaction is seriously random. It's not as if he saw what happened and helped stopping it. He just saw Blair hurt and didn't even go to check on Chuck to know what was up. As a friend I find it odd. And I feel bad when friendships "end" up like that. I'm curious to see where this is going to lead too.

And you can call me Mélanie