Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

They kind of look cute together .
Emily
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyweather2 (View Post)
They kind of look cute together .
Awkward.

June 22nd:

Recent twitpics:

Her mom and aunt:

Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you know who that guy is?
Emily
Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's this guy: Twitter Ami James. He's a tattoo artist. Speaking of which, Shenae got a new tattoo, he designed it:

90210 star Shenae Grimes is covered in tattoos -- but you'd never know it just by looking at her.

Quote:
"All of my tattoos are in pretty strategic places," the actress, 21, told Us Weekly Friday while getting a new Peter Pan tattoo. "This one is behind my ear, so when my hair's down you can't see it. My only other visible one is on my wrist, and it's super tiny and easy to cover up."

The new ink, which covers a faded star tattoo from several years ago, was designed by tattoo artist Ami James from NYC's Wooster Street Social Club.

"It's a very personal story, but I will say that this is a memorial tattoo for a dear friend of mine," Grimes added. "Kind of my Peter Pan who taught me to stay young and not take life too seriously."

New body art aside, Grimes -- who's been interning at Teen Vogue all summer -- told Us that she's eager to get back to work on 90210 next month.

"I'm so excited for the new season," she said. "We're off to college this year so I imagine some pretty fun, exciting new things will be happening with everyone."

PIC: 90210's Shenae Grimes Gets a Peter Pan Tattoo - UsMagazine.com
Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the placement of that tattoo.
Emily
Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the placement too. And it's nice that she gets tattoos for a reason, and not just some random picture.

Recent posts about the tattoo from her blog:

June 23rd:
Quote:
Last night I joined some friends for an event at the new Wooster Street Social Club, Ami James’ new tattoo parlor and setting for his new show, New York Ink. I was tagging along with the intention of flying under the radar but when a photographer approached asking if I would take a photo with Ami, I could not resist. As a tattoo lover for years (got my first at 15!) I’ve watched Miami Ink marathons marveling at the tattoo culture and badass energy in his shop. I always appreciate a cut throat businessman/woman who fights to rise to the top of their field whilst maintaining strong ethics and never doing so at the expense of others. Ami is beyond a talent and force in the industry, and not to mention, one damn fine man. It was my pleasure to meet him last night and fingers crossed I get an appointment with him at the shop today! Will document if I do… stay tuned…
XX
S.
June 27th:

Quote:
After meeting Ami James at the launch of his new shop, Wooster Street Social Club in Soho, I was eager to get tatted once again. I’ve had a white scar-looking tat behind my ear for a few months that I was really unhappy with and asked if he’d mind re-doing it with better placement and obviously much for skill…to which, he kindly but reluctantly obliged. I won’t go into too much detail as it’s a very personal tattoo for me but it was a memorial tattoo for an amazing person in my life who was my very own Peter Pan. The hat from my favorite Disney character is a symbol of this person’s full life and contagious smile that will always remind me never to take life too seriously and always enjoy it like we did when we were kids. Some say he’s in heaven, I say he went home to Neverland and his spirit will always be with me, whispering in my ear to “smile, gorgeous” when life gets heavy. Ami wasn’t a fan of the awkward placement or the fact that I didn’t want color for my Peter Pan hat tattoo as he said it would look more like…something wildly inappropriate that I’ll let you kids make your own dirty-minded guesses on… but I was adamant about what I wanted and once we got started, he got into it and did an amazing and highly-detailed job as always! I’ve been a fan of Miami Ink for years, which may have even spurred my young obsession with tattoos, so it was dope to get such an important tattoo in my life done by an amazing artist like Ami…and my view while it was happening didn’t hurt either… he’s kind of adorable. Check out NY Ink, Thursdays @10/9c on TLC and swing by Wooster Street Social Club if you’re ever looking to get tatted up in NY!

XX
S.
Teen Vogue blog:
June 24th:

Quote:
During my time shadowing here at Teen Vogue, my main point person has been the wonderful and charming Andrew Bevan, style blogger and associate features editor of the magazine. On a typical day, my main responsibility is researching various feature stories at a desk in the office, which has been a wonderful change of pace from my usual fourteen hours of roaming around different sets. This week however, I got to spend the morning with Teen Vogue’s market editor, Mary Kate Steinmiller, hopping around town to several showrooms to collect photo stock of the recently revealed resort collections.

Our journey began with a stop into Sandro, an international brand founded in France, who will be opening their first American flagship stores this summer in the Soho area of NYC. The line debuts an extensive collection each season that includes several different themes; this season ranges from Americana prep to classic Parisian chic. If you live in New York, keep your eyes open this summer because this label has high quality designs at a very affordable price!

After Sandro, we walked over to the brand new Aritzia store on Broadway, something I had been excited for since first arriving to New York in May. Aritzia is a Canadian store that originated in Vancouver and quickly expanded all over the country but has only slowly started to infiltrate American cities in the past couple of years. New York was a big one for the brand! It is my favorite store in Toronto, and this space is much bigger than any other Aritzia I've been to back home, so I was in fashion heaven. The brand started several different clothing lines under its umbrella, each one having its own style and theme, so there really is something for everyone. I'm so proud to see a Canadian company making waves in the fashion industry and taking a huge step in exposure and success. Congrats, Aritzia! Now get over to LA already, please and thanks!

We also popped into the Rag and Bone offices in an amazing old warehouse on the west side, which is where EVERYTHING for the brand is centered. From production to design and PR brainstorming to lookbook photo shoots, this is where all the Rag and Bone magic happens. After watching Mary Kate quickly snap shots of the many new pieces for resort/holiday, we headed back to the industrial elevator to set off to the next one and ran into the designers, Marcus Wainwright and David Neville. The guys were headed to their sample sale at Chelsea Market and kindly invited us along for the ride…an invitation we obviously couldn't turn down! Both Mary Kate and I picked up some new R&B digs and though a brief shopping trip isn't exactly part of the job description, the opportunity to mingle with top designers is a lovely perk! You, too, can pick up Mary Kate's new dress, also spotted on Michelle Tratchenberg, or mine!

Thanks for letting me tag along Mary Kate!

xx S.

Shenae Grimes' Teen Vogue Diary: Showroom Visits with the Marvelous Mary Kate Steinmiller: Fashion Blogger: Style: teenvogue.com
Old 06-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that! I love the blog and I love those black boots.
Emily
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the boots too. & I'm seriously in love with her hair in the last picture.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too. I hope she gets to keep it.
Emily
Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so too! She should be able to since the girls hair changes every season anyways.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they don't cut it all off. I really like it.
Emily
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think she would let them. Without the extensions her hair is pretty long, it's taken her forever to get it back like that.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't mess with her hair guys...
Emily
Old 07-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if she's back in LA yet?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know.
Emily