Emily
Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

We need some new pictures..
Emily
Old 08-16-2011, 06:10 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (View Post)
I don`t want summer to end, but I can`t wait for the show to start..
It's so bittersweet!! But at least we have all these great shows to get us through the tediousness of the other season =\.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Addicted Fan

This thread has been so dead lately.

Anyways, here is an article about Shenae that was in Teen Vogue. I think you can still pick it up, Emma Stone is one the cover, if anyone is interested.

Bright Lights, Big City: Shenae Grimes Learns the Ropes at Teen Vogue
by Andrew Bevan
August 08, 2011

Ever since L.C. and Whitney's interning antics were broadcast worldwide on the hit series The Hills, a position at Teen Vogue (no matter how temporary) has become nothing short of the holy grail to college-age fashionistas—even a few Hollywood offspring and a supermodel or two have joined our ranks from time to time. Yet it's not every day that a viable Tinseltown ingenue opts to spend her summer hiatus running errands, checking in samples, and doing photo research.

So you can imagine my surprise when TV starlet Shenae Grimes called me to say, "I want to work for you this summer." "For real?" I ask. "Yes, for real!" she says. Only if I can have a cameo on 90210 next season! (A boy can hope, right?)

Following in the footsteps of hockey's bad boy Sean Avery, who did a highly publicized summer stint at Vogue in 2008, the former Degrassi: The Next Generation star was poised to dive right in. "I don't do well with 'real' vacations," Shenae says. "The first day is fun, but then I start itching to be productive. I've been a fan of Teen Vogue and have respected the Vogue franchise forever, so this is a dream come true."

I had been used to hanging with Shenae at fashion events, but as her new boss, I made an effort (as did our staff) to give her the non-VIP treatment. "I think actors are put on an insane pedestal. You have to pay your dues in whatever field you want to pursue," she says. "This industry is new to me, so I'm happy to start at the bottom." And if that requires the not-so-glamorous Starbucks run for us editors? "I get my own coffee on set, so it's not much of a stretch!" she says.

While on said coffee runs and sample pickups, the actress, who is no stranger to beachy, carefree West Coast duds, took in Manhattan street style firsthand. "New Yorkers really think about what they put on and are serious about accessories—they aren't afraid to stand out in a crowd," says Shenae, who is a fan of Opening Ceremony and Pamela Love. Although black tends to be the Big Apple's sartorial go-to, at Teen Vogue (where neon is considered a basic), we've always seen things differently. "I definitely prefer a darker, more muted palette," she explains. "But for my days in the office, I wanted to get out of my comfort zone a bit, so I spiced things up with florals and color."

Dressing the part is one thing, but it was Shenae's work ethic that left a lasting impression. "It's not typical for a celebrity to jump into this type of position and show sincere diligence—Shenae owned it!" exclaims fashion assistant Ade Samuel, who mentored the actress in our sample closet.

Even with an emerging Hollywood career, Shenae understands the city's pitfalls. "I would love to live here full-time—L.A.'s never felt like home to me," she says. "On the flip side, though, New York City is very expensive, so I may last only a couple of years out here before my bank account starts screaming at me to go back home!" Just like any other 21-year-old trying to make it in the concrete jungle.

Also, here's a cute gif I just found on Tumblr.

I loved her hair back then when it was dark with lighter brown highlights.

I'm really not a fan of the ombre look.

Last edited by lapin88; 08-19-2011 at 09:33 AM
Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Annie in last night's repeat with that lady who died. I don't remember her name though.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it was Marla.
Emily
Old 08-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

New pics

Quote:
I loved her hair back then when it was dark with lighter brown highlights.
I loved it too

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link!
Emily
Old 08-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

More new pics

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 09-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting those
Emily
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pics, I haven't been keeping track.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

I love her outfit in those pics!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Shenae is so gorgeous
Oh yeah, and then I said bitch-Matt Saracen
Old 09-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think she looks great in that outfit.