Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So I am guessing teddy was the enchanted donkey?
I don't get it?

Quote:
Annie and Liam are dull - it's just been mentioned in a review about the show and I think that's the perfect word to describe them as characters. I don't hate them, they're just.. there. Liam has lost any spark he once had - and it wasn't to do with Naomi, it was to do with his interests and his demeanor and his lifestyle. Now he pouts, and whines, and plays ping pong. He used to drag race and wear leather and I'm so superficial but the Justin Bieber-esque man fringe he's working now is awful.

(I can't believe I looked up pictures of the Biebs for this)

Annie as a character is so dry. Even when she's happy and excited, it's never interesting or funny, she's just dull. I guess it could be the storyline she's working but I don't know, I think no matter how interesting her life is, she's never going to be interesting.
Agreed. I don't hate Annie. In fact, I'm oddly liking her more then I have in any other season but she bores me. And Liam bores me. I thought their scenes looked really good in the sides for the episode but it just failed on execution. It wasn't necessarily awful but it wasn't that much fun either.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostress (View Post)
PS - stormyweather2: your icon!! Veronica & JD!!
Thank you! .
Emily
Old 04-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Agreed. I don't hate Annie. In fact, I'm oddly liking her more then I have in any other season but she bores me. And Liam bores me. I thought their scenes looked really good in the sides for the episode but it just failed on execution. It wasn't necessarily awful but it wasn't that much fun either.
True I think it probably would have been cuter if it'd had been on a grander scale, the whole gang with them, a proper mexican market, things like that but it came off kind of cheap and contrived how it was shot.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it probably would have been cuter if it'd had been on a grander scale, the whole gang with them, a proper mexican market, things like that but it came off kind of cheap and contrived how it was shot.
And just so dull. I didn't even think get the impression that the actors were enjoying it all that much . I just thought that it would be funnier.

Also, Naomi having sex for the first time since she was raped and bot even blinking an eye? Seriously? This just adds to my speculation that the rape storyline was created as an afterthought to ensure Lannie faced minimal backlash by distracting Naomi.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Also, Naomi having sex for the first time since she was raped and bot even blinking an eye? Seriously? This just adds to my speculation that the rape storyline was created as an afterthought to ensure Lannie faced minimal backlash by distracting Naomi.
I just don't think the writers care enough about the show to focus on details like that and they think their audience is too stupid to care about that type of stuff. They purposely act like old storylines never happened because the show is easier to write that way. They try to give every character their own storylines each episode and because of that almost every storyline is rushed and incomplete. If they actually dedicated an entire episode to Naomi having sex for the first time after the rape, they could address an important issue and possibly have something compelling on screen for once. Unfortunately that's not the type of show they are trying to make. They shouldn't even address serious issues such as rape if they are going to treat them with such disrespect.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

^^ True that. It's a shame though because I actually thought that they did a good job of the storyline in the first few episodes of S3 with Naomi alienating herself etc.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

This show just doesnt want to do "serious" storylines as actually serious most the time even though thats what the actors want. They always bring it back around to comedy.

And they really need to bring the group dynamic for once! Their spring break looked boring to me.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

They did a horrible job w/ that storyline. The Naomi rape storyline? it was horrible, horrific.. they could have done so much more and the way it ended and the after effects was just treated as some joke. This girl was just raped carried it for months and months and now she's just having sex, LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED! I respect AL but that was some of the worse plot writing I have ever witnessed, and I agree if they aren't going to treat it serious, then don't even do it. Think of something else that accomplishes the same thing they have been doing, which is losing viewers.

Spring break was such a bore, and for me it's that I didn't care for any of the rest of the couples they showcased, b/c I wasn't emotionally invested in most if any of them.

Naomi/Max makes me what a stereotype beauty and the geek pairing that again does nothing for Naomi's character, they actually managed to make her desperate and ignore her rape. Great job.

Silver/Navid the snooze city w/ that couple, it's like a redux of Tilver, same actions and no one really could give a hoot about both of them. I'm just sad that I have to see Ade be a pathetic desperate BSC-esque version of herself, for Navid? really? that? how did you ever get through life?

Dixon/Ivy I can't even lie, other than making them friends that felt like so much backdrop. Tristan again an amazing actor, so much held back, he brings clarity in his words. When he told Ivy "those were 6 mths. of my life that I'd always treasure" other than knowing it just leads her to cancer lover I could care less about b/c again HE'S A GUEST STAR! anyway..

I realized Dixon could shoot puppies and I'd still forgive him b/c of Tristan's way w/ words.

Ivy/Raj I DON'T CARE! BUT HE HAS CANCER.. DIE ALREADY!

This season just needs to end, it's been a disaster, it has some moments but the bland and boring and horrific moments outweigh the good.

What was worse in a personal level for me was how they showed some latin music, salsa, reggaeton, as part latina I've been waiting for that, b/c you live in LA! it's one of the most latin centric spots in the world, but they watered it down w/ the couples they showed w/ the music. Nilver's salsa dance was the most awkward dance I ever witnessed. They couldn't have them at the bar and just show Naomi and Dixon dancing as friends or Dixon and Ivy, Dixon is pretty much the only one that could dance that, b/c Tristan is part latino. Ugh! so much to hate on this show..soooooooooooo much.

Last edited by starlette318; 04-24-2011 at 09:40 AM
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Supreme Fan

^ The rape storyline started off really well but just turned to crap towards the end. And the conclusion was already done years before. Only it involved characters Peyton and Brooke from another show OTH!

Also I find Naomi just to over the top most of the times. I like her sometimes depending on the crap she pulls but most of the time she gives me a headache cause it comes off as to much. Wish it was turned down a notch.

Dixon should just leave. I would have preferred them keep Ethan. They dont know what to do with Dixon anymore. In fact, was he even in this recent episode? lol I know teddy wasn't but was Dixon. Either way it doesn't matter cause when he is on screen he's pointless. They dont know what to write for him, who to hook him up with, they r just lost with this character.

I have never been a Navid fan. He is the only character whose storyline I have never been interested in.

Why do they find the need to always wan to ruin the female characters. Mostly females watch this show, shouldn't u portray them in a more positive light?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Random rant: I hate Navid's watch!! Here is a pic from season 2.

HATE it!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

What I can't get is how he's so stupid, literally soo stupid, and Dixon should punch the stupid out of him, what sense does it make to bring your ex. in your house while your gf is in the HOSPITAL! how does a druve home end up to your room you idiot?

And even more stupid, he lets BWAHAHAHADRIANNA pour him drinks, like really? what even you know "friend" would give, let alone a teenager drinks when that happens? I know if one of my friend's gf is in the hospital I wouldn't be pouring them drinks so they can pass out and be incoherent the next morning, what sense does that make?

common sense Navid, where was it?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Mustache twirling cartoon villain/I have my own evil sinister music on cue w/ my entrance, pill switching (*) Ade says that everyone in Navid's situation would need a drink and a friend by their side... I'm not sure about teenagers, but I would not disagree with that!

BTW Navid is the guy who was drinking non-alcoholic champagne as a reaction to seeing his beloved girlfriend dancing sensually with the guy she lost her virginity to. Whatever, there is no sense to this show anymore...

(* copyright starlette318)
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
who was drinking non-alcoholic champagne as a reaction to seeing his beloved girlfriend dancing sensually with the guy she lost her virginity to.
Heh, I forgot about that. Didn't he end up drunk on it as well?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Heh, I forgot about that. Didn't he end up drunk on it as well?
He just ended up looking like an idiot (mainly to himself) with the "sex-tape cd" story. He's such a loser.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Navid really is a loser. Both of these girls could do so much better.