Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Are you the same one who posts at the soap board?

I'm tired of it too, but in her case, it was necessary. The only way it could hurt him even more was if Harrison had been the one who died.
i am.

i actually didn't want dexter to live at all. even if he's in pain for the rest of his life, idgaf. i wanted deb to get back together with quinn and have her own happy ending. and children. i actually would have preferred harrison die, if that was an option. because now he's off with another serial killer and... what is that? if dexter thinks hannah can even remotely give his son any semblance of a life. BLAH! he'll probably turn out to be a nut too. awesome! deb got the shaft. majorly! so.annoying!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
i am.

i actually didn't want dexter to live at all. even if he's in pain for the rest of his life, idgaf. i wanted deb to get back together with quinn and have her own happy ending. and children. i actually would have preferred harrison die, if that was an option. because now he's off with another serial killer and... what is that? if dexter thinks hannah can even remotely give his son any semblance of a life. BLAH! he'll probably turn out to be a nut too. awesome! deb got the shaft. majorly! so.annoying!
I thought so. Aren't you used to b.s. now, though? I mean, we watch GH.

I would have liked for him to die and have it be because Deb got shot. She would have survived, but she got shot by Saxon. His focus on Saxon and refusal to back off would make Hannah get caught and Harrison wouldn't have been in protective custody because Deb would be alive. Harrison would have a stable home life and it would be fine.

I love Hannah, but I honestly thought she'd get caught or killed. I guess it wouldn't bug the audience as much. Harrison's death would have really made him kill himself, but that poor kid needed a parent. I don't think Hannah will kill anymore, though. She didn't do it for pleasure, it was a survival tactic. There's a difference between the two and Dexter had a compulsion. I love that she made him realize that it wasn't because of Harry and he had no passenger, he just loved to kill people. He would have killed LaGuerta as well and even if she was innocent, he would have gotten past it.

I don't think Harrison will grow up to be a killer. Even if she keeps killing, Hannah would be a lot more clever. Dexter chopped people up and she just poisoned them. She wanted a child too badly to screw him up. Plus, she knows that the man she loved killed himself to protect her, Deb and Harrison from Saxon.

It is depressing, but I like it when shows don't sigh away from upsetting things. I mean, Jake died on GH being run over by a car, Michael got shot because Sonny was a selfish and so on. It is majorly annoying when your favorite characters die, but in order for Dexter to really feel like crap, it had to be something he wouldn't see coming. Ever since Deb found out, her life slowly unraveled.

I hate that they showed him alive, even if I get why they didn't have him kill himself. The way he treated Deb's body made me drop my jaw. My aunt and mom just watched with me because it was on and they were like da faq? Why couldn't he just kill himself? Why does he get to live after everything he's done? Sure, Harrison doesn't have to come in second to his father's collection, but still. The man realized how selfish he was and should have just died.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy88 (View Post)
You know,imo,Deb's death was more painful for him than it would be Harrison's death.Their relationship was the strongest one on the show,for me.
Ugh, no comment, really.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hypnotoad (View Post)
Ugh, no comment, really.

I just can't stand the man at this point. No matter who his bond was with and however strong it was,he just made it about him and even when it cost him, he kept on trucking. I'll bet he'll spend the rest of his life using Deb as an excuse to wallow in self-pity and self-loathing.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)

I hate that they showed him alive, even if I get why they didn't have him kill himself.
they shouldve left it a mystery whether he was alive or not so everybody can make up their own ending.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
they shouldve left it a mystery whether he was alive or not so everybody can make up their own ending.
Exactly, which is why I'd give the episode an A-/B+. I thought it was perfect until the dumb scene with him working as a logger popped up. For Dex/Deb people it would be him joining her/trying to, for Dex/Hannah people it's him thinking he'd ruin her life and for gen people, it's him seeing clearly and not being able to live with what he's done. Even if she has haters, Hannah was the one who made him realize what he's doing and who he actually is. The Code didn't stop him from doing stupid things and he had tunnel vision.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yeah, it wouldve made both shipper groups satisfied.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Addicted Fan

At least hes alive...
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

He looks terrible with a beard
Old 10-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I think he was meant to look terrible, for extra effect.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I think he was meant to look terrible, for extra effect.
Yep. That way, we can feel bad for him instead of wanting to slap him. First Rita, then Vogel and then Deb.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Unfortunately the finale was widely panned by critics and fans of the show. I even read an article in the paper about it and comparing it to the Breaking Bad finale, which was a big success.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't think it was outright bad, it just wasn't the brilliance we're used to.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'll be honest, I didn't really like the finale much and I was really disappointed with season 8. I think they went in the wrong direction with the show and it finished on a bad note.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I was delighted with everything up until the last ten minutes or so