Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Deb|Jennifer #4: LT Morgan doesn't take crap but she will aways be Deb

New thread let one of mods re add all the photos change the title if you want just off the cuff

Supporters:

1. josebajm
2. 'Tos
3. mokis
4. Kitty_Fantastico
5. zania1
6. Icey_
7. Playskate
8. SMG_fan
9. Samantha-Ashlie
10. some mad hope
11. ~drunkenscarredangel @-------
12. DanceWithLife
13. allybubba
14. DiagonalZipper
15. Tugi
16. numbnuts
17. Nymph Marty
18. tofillupthedays
19. Majora's Mask
20. courtneybangelcakes
21. Brooke08
22. Niahm
23. MarieJena
24. Hermione Weasley
25. KellynDylanForever
26. three little birds
27. scone of joy
28. Oldskool
29. angel_wings05
30. book♥lover
31. Karma Police
32. *MaryMgo*
33. Sugarfixx
34. PrettyGirlsMakeGraves
35. 4EVERANDALWAYS
36. zazie87
37. lynnashley
38. alexis bledel the best
39. Giana

LT Morgan S-6

Debra Morgan
Dexter's adoptive sister, and Harry's biological daughter.

Quotes:

"When I'm mad I always say stuff I don't mean. I hate you, I faked it, your hung like a grape."

Deb: "Didn't hear you come in last night."
Dexter: "Well, it was late. I was quiet."
Deb: "Yeah, you're good at quiet. Guess you kind of have to be with me crashing here and Rita's mom over there. You and Rita **** quiet, too?"
Dexter: "And she's off, right out of the gate."
Jennifer Carpenter
Born in Louisville, Kentucky on December 7, 1979.
Married Michael C. Hall on December 31, 2008.
Divorced Officially December 1 2011

jennifer is now on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/J2thecarpenter

Filmography:IMDB Jennifer Carpenter

Last edited by Jazzed; 11-21-2012 at 04:54 PM Reason: Name change #30 at request of member
Old 12-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait and see how Deb's role in the finalie will end? Wonder if she gives up the Lt Role FI back to lead detective . Will she have real feelings for Dexter?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Matt
Old 12-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jennifer now on Twitter said today oh crap i will be the air when the finale airs " Jennifer carpenter @J2thecarpenter 9h
Just realized I'm going to be on a plane during the last episode. Oh well... I wanted to watch friends freak out!

Big tease about the final 2 min of finale all i can say . Even as far as spoilers the main spoilers news sites wont reveal the ending .

Do not think anything at all could top Rita shocking death except say when the series ends or maybe next season killing off Deb" or "dexter" or even one of the kids . nobody else in the cast getting killed would be very shocking

Jennifer and michael both have said the new storyline coming out of last weeks episode was discussed way ahead of time with both to make sure the somewhat incest love idea ,was cool with both . Being what went down personally in there lives over the past year .

I am sure most of you have seen Jennifer, have nothing but nice stuff to say about Michael.
"Michael wil always be one of my best friends forever"

Does anyone know the gossip of why they divorced ?
Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Can't wait and see how Deb's role in the finalie will end? Wonder if she gives up the Lt Role FI back to lead detective . Will she have real feelings for Dexter?
I read a interview with Sara Colleton about Season 6. And when asked about the Debra developments with Dexter, she phrased an answer pretty cleverly. When we dream, we create the characters, the place, and what happens. It is rarely literal. And what if that was a character posing as Dexter?

I've been one of the fans open-minded enough about the new development of this story. Almost entirely because I really hope it is actually a leaping off point to develop a dark passenger for Debra. She has always been black and white. What if that dream was the introduction of Debras dark passenger? That wasn't Dexter. It was her dark passenger in a form that Debra would accept. Like Brian or Harry to Dexter, Gellar to Travis. A psychological representation of her dark side. Its almost as if her dark passenger is praising her for seeing things in the grey. Instead of black and white.

Wouldn't it be kind of cool if that wasn't Debra kissing Dexter. But that was more of a representation of Debra accepting her dark passenger. The kiss could be like her and her dark passenger embracing each other. Which is huge for her hopeful development to accepting who Dexter is. Or at least give her a really complicated story on how to deal with it if she ever finds out.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kools (View Post)
I've been one of the fans open-minded enough about the new development of this story. Almost entirely because I really hope it is actually a leaping off point to develop a dark passenger for Debra. She has always been black and white. What if that dream was the introduction of Debras dark passenger? That wasn't Dexter. It was her dark passenger in a form that Debra would accept. Like Brian or Harry to Dexter, Gellar to Travis. A psychological representation of her dark side. Its almost as if her dark passenger is praising her for seeing things in the grey. Instead of black and white.

Wouldn't it be kind of cool if that wasn't Debra kissing Dexter. But that was more of a representation of Debra accepting her dark passenger. The kiss could be like her and her dark passenger embracing each other. Which is huge for her hopeful development to accepting who Dexter is. Or at least give her a really complicated story on how to deal with it if she ever finds out.
I like your idea about not taking it literally (tbh I never really took it as such and said even in the preview that it was probably just a dream anyway. ) - and that it would be more about Debra embracing realities in general as well as realities about herself. About who she is, how she was 'shaped' by life experiences, the role Harry and Dex played in it (as well as losing so many loved ones), picking the unavailable distant men out of fear of getting hurt when she lets anyone get too close (i.e. break up with the informer-guy a few series ago (who winded up dead) who was really good to her, as well as w. Quinn - not saying they were her ideal partners but there's definitely a pattern there).
So it might be about embracing another side to herself - perhaps a dark passenger that's possible (though not the kind Dex has I think, otherwise I assume it would have manifested itself somehow in all those years?) more the shadow side of herself (in Jungian terms so to speak) which probably never was allowed to surface because she feared abandonment by the few loved ones she left.
That's also probably why she hangs on so tight to Dexter, and doesn't like women in his life, for fear of loss of that connection.

So yeah I agree with you about the not litteral interpretation and I think this is probably what they are setting us up for for next series maybe? (Not psychobabble per se but that kind of character development, with Deb embracing some darker and/ or more basic needs too). I'm very curious as to how it will pan out but I think it's definitely going somewhere in the new series as part of the whole Deb and Deb-Dex dynamic and storyline.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
New Fan

Great to see Jennifer getting into some really major plots on this show. She had an incredible season. Really impressed how far this character grew in one season. And it looks like she's going to be a major game player for the remainder of this show.

At the same time though, I can't help but feel so sorry for the character Debra. Ignorance is bliss. If only she could have held onto it... lol. I do like that they didn't insult her intelligence by having her suddenly, after so many close calls, start to suspect Dexter. But rather have her just be an innocent who accidentally stumbles into Dexter's web of darkness.

Never thought she would actually witness him killing someone. It makes it even worse. Its one of those moments that will change her forever. This show is all about psychological damage from witnessing violence. Do you think this was the start of something potentially dark for Deb? Could Dexters darkness spread to her too?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was really great to see Jennifer more front and center this year.

And as for the storyline, and how it's been discussed in the media or how it's been criticized, I personally don't mind it. I see this as a storytelling opportunity for the writers. They get to give Deb a dark secret of her own. As someone said in another thread, it's a story that is a little taboo by our current culture's standards, yes. But on a show like Dexter, which is about darkness and murders and secrets, I think this fits.

I'm not opposed to it. And I think Jennifer has been playing it very well.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think, if it is ok with ride the lightning and Astra change the title buy say January . to reflect the finale .

Not sure the spoiler rules as far as titles with spoilers in it .

I feel Deb has to totally freak out not 100% understand what Dexter did. Is there any way for him to explain why he has the most wanted man murder poison gas maker on a table wrapped up to kill . I hear the F bomb's flying and could change her outlook on her job her personal life .

She plays a smart cop smart woman so he has to put two and two together . As I said not sure she can have those physical attraction any more .

Last edited by Logan; 12-21-2011 at 12:28 PM
Old 12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

P.S. I like how Jennifer seemed excited over the finale on Twitter.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Spoilers (for content/possible content not yet aired) is probably a no-go for the title... but if there's something you want it changed to that doesn't touch on that... just PM me and I'd be glad to change it

Just saw 'Faster' with the Rock and Jen's small part in it.... It was cool seeing her in it!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man I can't wait to see Deb next season
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Just saw 'Faster' with the Rock and Jen's small part in it.... It was cool seeing her in it!
I haven't seen that yet. Was it good?

Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I haven't seen that yet. Was it good?
It was better than I thought it would be... It's still a shoot'em up revenge thriller, but I thought it was worth watching... Unfortunately Jen's part isn't that long... a minute or two? something like that....