Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Nikki Blonsky News #20: Because we're excited for more 'Huge' news!

Nikki Blonsky News Thread #20

Welcome to the News thread. Come here for all the latest in Nikki News

Videos

Nikki at TJ Maxx "Carol-oke" Event

Nikki Blonsky Talks with PopEater at "Carol-oke" Event

Good Day NY: Nikki Blonsky and Kimberley Locke Talk "Carol-oke"

Twist Magazine: Ask Nikki Blonsky

University of Central Florida Campus Activities Board Event (11/4/09)

Karen Blonsky Introduces Nikki at UCF Event

Valemont | Full Episodes, Photos, Episode Synopsis and Recaps | MTV

Nikki on Alexa Chung promoting Valemont

Nikky Blonsky Talks Valemont | Video | MTV

Nikki at a Full-Figured Fashion Week event
Nikki Blonsky at FFFWeek on Vimeo

Nikki at the Drama Desk Awards

YouTube - Nikki Blonsky

YouTube - INTERVIEW WITH FILM STAR NIKKI BLONSKY.

YouTube - HAIRSPRAY's Nikki Blonsky: "Oscar Week" in LA

Rob Redstone Show

Nikki Blonsky Interview - Interview For The Fans!, Nikki Blonsky Interview - The Rob Redstone Show on USTREAM. Other Entertainment

Nikki @ The Rock of Ages Broadway Premiere

Nikki Blonsky Breaking News | Broadway.tv Blog

Upcoming Appearances

Pictures

PALS Event:Gainesville, FL (2/23/10)

From Paris with Love Premiere (1/28/10)

Nikki Cheers on The New York Jets at Giant Stadium (1/3/10)

TJ Maxx "Carol-oke" Event with Glee Cast (12/3/09)

The 2009 Radio City Christmas Spectcular (11/17/09)

University of Central Florida CAB Event (11/4/09)

"Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!" New York Premiere (10/29/09)

"This Is It" NYC Premiere (10/27/09)

News/Projects

Huge

ABC Family: Huge nikki blonsky is a 'huge' star

Quote:
Perhaps some "Lost"-less fans will tune in for Nikki Blonsky's upcoming show about weight-loss camp for ABC Family called "Huge" The "Hairspray" star certainly seemed excited as she tweeted, "YES Its TRUE I am playing the role of WILL in the new ABC Family series HUGE another dream come true 4 me."

We are so excited to announce that Golden Globe® nominated Nikki Blonsky (“Hairspray”) has signed to star in the new ABC Family original scripted drama series, “Huge,” which will begin production next month (April) and is set to premiere on the network in summer 2010. Funny, heartbreaking and provocative, “Huge” follows the lives of seven teens and the staff at a weight-loss camp, as they look beneath the surface to discover their true selves and the truth about each other.

In "Huge," Blonsky will portray Willamina, a teen whose sardonic and rebellious nature make her a menace to some and revolutionary to others. Additional cast include Andrew Caldwell as Trent, Zander Eckhouse as George, Harvey Guillen as Alistair, Ari Stidham as Ian, Ashley Holliday as Chloe and Hayley Hasselhoff as Amber.

“Huge,” based on author Sasha Paley’s book of the same name from Alloy Entertainment, is being developed by Winnie Holzman (“Wicked,” “My So-Called Life,” “Once & Again”) and daughter Savannah Dooley.

This show is going to be big.
Nikki Blonsky To Star In ‘Huge’– A New ABC Family Series About Weight-Loss Camp Hollywood Crush

Quote:
Nikki Blonsky to Star in 'Huge': A New ABC Family Series About Weight Loss Camp

It’s no secret ABC Family has been hitting television with a string of provocative and tantalizingly entertaining new series. And from where we sit, it looks like they may be doing it again! According to The Hollywood Reporter, the networks new series, “Huge,” will launch in June and just may be the biggest thing this summer.

Following a trend of books-turned TV sensations, “Huge” is based on a novel written by Sasha Paley. Set at Wellness Canyon, a teen weight-loss camp, this boundary-pushing series will follow six teens attending and working at the camp (and some of them will look a little familiar).

Plucky Nikki Blonsky of “Hairspray” fame has signed to play Will, an overweight girl attending the weight-loss camp at the command of her wealthy, fitness conscious parents who coincidentally own a chain of fitness centers. Her character is opinionated, funny and outspoken — not a far reach from Tracy Turnblad.
Nikki Blonsky Gets ‘Huge’ Break | Nikki Blonsky | Just Jared Jr. - JJJ

Quote:
Hairspray starlet Nikki Blonsky is breaking into television on ABC Family’s Huge.

The 20-year-old actress will play Willamina, a teen whose sardonic and rebellious nature make her a menace to some and revolutionary to others. Andrew Caldwell, Zander Eckhouse, Harvey Guillen, Ari Stidham, Ashley Holliday and Hayley Hasselhoff also star in the series.

The series, which is based off of Sasha Paley’s book of the same name, is set to premiere on the network in summer 2010.

Huge is about the lives of seven teens and the staff at a weight-loss camp, as they look beneath the surface to discover their true selves and the truth about each other.
Hayley Hasselhoff & Nikki Blonsky are ‘Huge’ | Hayley Hasselhoff, Huge, Nikki Blonsky : Just Jared

Quote:
Hairspray star Nikki Blonsky and newcomer Hayley Hasselhoff are signed on to star in ABC Family’s upcoming series Huge, based on a book by Sasha Paley.

Hayley is the 17-year-old the daughter of Baywatch actor David Hasselhoff. The series will also star Zander Eckhouse, the son of James Eckhouse (Papa Jim Walsh in Beverly Hills 90210).

Huge, written by My So-Called Life creator Winnie Holzman and her daughter, Savannah Dooley, is being touted as Glee meets Ugly Betty. THR reports the “series will revolve around six teens and the staff at Wellness Canyon, a weight-loss camp. It centers on Will (Blonsky), a funny, opinionated overweight girl sent to the camp by her wealthy parents who own a chain of fitness centers, and Amber (Hasselhoff), a curvy teen who is the skinniest and hottest girl at the camp but who considers herself too heavy.”
Nikki Blonsky to star in ABC Family's 'Huge'

Quote:
Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky will play the lead in ABC Family's upcoming series "Huge."

Two TV stars' offspring, David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley and James Eckhouse's son Zander, also have been tapped to star on the series, along with Andrew Caldwell.

"Huge," based on a book by Sasha Paley, was written by "My So-Called Life" creator Winnie Holzman and her daughter, Savannah Dooley.

Described as "Glee" meets "Ugly Betty," the series revolves around six teens and the staff at Wellness Canyon, a weight-loss camp. It centers on Will (Blonsky), a funny, opinionated overweight girl sent to the camp by her wealthy parents who own a chain of fitness centers, and Amber (Hasselhoff), a curvy teen who is the skinniest and hottest girl at the camp but who considers herself too heavy.

Eckhouse, repped by Main Title and attorney Arik Betesh, will play a college student working as an assistant fitness counselor who has a secret affair with Amber. Caldwell will play the leader of the thinner, popular boys among the overweight camp population.

Blonsky is repped by Innovative.

"Huge," which received a direct-to-series 10-episode order, is slated to premiere in late June.
PALS Event

The Independent Florida Alligator: News - 'Hairspray' star sings at local talent show

Quote:
'Hairspray' star sings at local talent show

"Hairspray" movie star Nikki Blonsky showed Gainesville she really has talent Tuesday night.
Blonsky sang at Gainesville’s Really Got Talent Show at Buchholz High School, which raised money for PALS, Partners in Adolescent Lifestyle Support.
PALS conducts esteem-enhancing workshops to prevent violence and provides free mental health services to teenagers.
Twenty-six local middle and high students danced, acted and sung in front of an audience of about 150 and five judges, one of whom was Blonsky.
Valemont

Nikki Blonsky: Visit Poppy Ponders! | Nikki Blonsky | Just Jared Jr. - JJJ

Quote:
Kristin Hager revealed to MTV that the series was being re-edited into a TV movie-length show, but it’s all still in development

Full Interview with Nikki Blonsky - Five Questions with Nikki Blonsky - CosmoGIRL!

Quote:
"Poppy is exactly what her name is. She is a very punky, high-energy character. She enrolled at Valemont because it is the most prestigious school in the country and she wants to go to the best of the best. As time goes on, some crazy stuff starts happening at the school, especially with her new roommate. She finally realizes she is at a school where vampires go to learn how to live in the world."

FULL INTERVIEW: TWIST talks to Valemont star Nikki Blonsky! - Twist Magazine

Quote:
TWIST: It seems a little more on the dark side compared to the stuff that you normally do like Hairspray and Queen Sized.

NB: Yeah, that's kind of why I wanted to do it. I've read the script and I loved it. And I've read the character description and I just fell in love with, Poppy. You know, I've been fortunate. I've gotten the opportunity to play a lot of fun characters that are out there and bubbly and having a good time and we're singing and dancing, but this script had no singing and dancing. It was about vampires and it was about you know, the dark side. So I kind of wanted to cross over to the dark side and see what it was like for a little while, and it was cool.

Get The Latest News on 'Huge on Facebook and Twitter

Huge | Facebook

Huge (ABCFhuge) on Twitter

Keep Up With Waiting for Forever News on Facebook!

Waiting For Forever | Facebook

Check Out Nikki's Official Website!

Nikki Blonsky--The Official Website

Follow Nikki on Twitter!

Nikki Blonsky (NikkiBlonsky1) on Twitter

Last edited by ButterflyBabe; 06-25-2010 at 12:12 PM
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Lanie!

Good article from MTV. Nikki Blonsky To Star In ‘Huge’– A New ABC Family Series About Weight-Loss Camp Hollywood Crush
NZ | Icon by Shelle

Last edited by ButterflyBabe; 03-24-2010 at 09:11 PM
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread Lanie!

Great article Mel! Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lanie will u update the OP tomorrow?

Quote:
Perhaps some "Lost"-less fans will tune in for Nikki Blonsky's upcoming show about weight-loss camp for ABC Family called "Huge" The "Hairspray" star certainly seemed excited as she tweeted, "YES Its TRUE I am playing the role of WILL in the new ABC Family series HUGE another dream come true 4 me."

Quote:
We are so excited to announce that Golden Globe® nominated Nikki Blonsky (“Hairspray”) has signed to star in the new ABC Family original scripted drama series, “Huge,” which will begin production next month (April) and is set to premiere on the network in summer 2010. Funny, heartbreaking and provocative, “Huge” follows the lives of seven teens and the staff at a weight-loss camp, as they look beneath the surface to discover their true selves and the truth about each other.

In "Huge," Blonsky will portray Willamina, a teen whose sardonic and rebellious nature make her a menace to some and revolutionary to others. Additional cast include Andrew Caldwell as Trent, Zander Eckhouse as George, Harvey Guillen as Alistair, Ari Stidham as Ian, Ashley Holliday as Chloe and Hayley Hasselhoff as Amber.

“Huge,” based on author Sasha Paley’s book of the same name from Alloy Entertainment, is being developed by Winnie Holzman (“Wicked,” “My So-Called Life,” “Once & Again”) and daughter Savannah Dooley.

This show is going to be big.

Photo courtesy of Retna. (© RD / Leon / Retna Digital)
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

There's also a twitter for the series.

Huge (ABCFhuge) on Twitter
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Love that pic of Nikki! She is absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see her in this show.

Has anyone updated supportnikkiblonsky.com yet?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Supportnikkiblonsky.com is on hiatus right now since Nikki got her own site.

There's a facebook for Huge too. Huge | Facebook
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yesssss! So excitedddddd!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyBabe (View Post)

What does Nikki having her own site have to do with updating another one? Is her site the officialNikkiBlonsky.com site? It's good that she has more than one fan site, but all of them should have updated news on her is all I am saying.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyBabe (View Post)

Wow, they're really promoting this...that's so great!

I always assumed that the site that was recently launched is her official site...

Last edited by ZacFanOnWheels; 03-25-2010 at 04:07 PM
Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever optimistic (View Post)
What does Nikki having her own site have to do with updating another one? Is her site the officialNikkiBlonsky.com site? It's good that she has more than one fan site, but all of them should have updated news on her is all I am saying.
If you have questions about SNB please PM me.

I know Lanie, I'm really happy they're promoting it well.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Ok y'all...the OP has been updated, if I missed anything let me know
Old 03-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe you could put an article explaining the premise of Huge? Otherwise it looks awesome!
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Which one is that? I thought I grabbed them all
Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacFanOnWheels (View Post)
Which one is that? I thought I grabbed them all
Oh you put it at the top, I only looked at the bottom.
NZ | Icon by Shelle