Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

MTV: Melissa Rosenburg confirms Brazil filming (more or less) for Breaking Dawn, and is 75% done with script

In the midst of Emmy mania Sunday night (August 29) — Dresses! Nominees! Celeb couples! — which predictably revolved around the world of TV, pre-show viewers got a pleasant surprise as "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg made her way down a very long red carpet at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Naturally, when MTV News caught up with the busy scribe, we had to press her for another update on the progress of the "Breaking Dawn" scripts.

"They're coming along," Rosenberg said. "I just flew in last night from working with ['Dawn' director] Bill Condon, prepping the scripts. It's a lot of work, I'm exhausted," she added. Rosenberg also revealed that she's between 75 and 80 percent finished with the two screenplays. "But we're intent on making them the best scripts yet."

Regarding the biggest challenge she faces in finishing "Dawn," parts 1 and 2, Rosenberg said it's the climactic "battle scene" — in which the two opposing vampire groups face off in dramatic fashion at the end of the book — that's proving to be her biggest obstacle, rather than the infamous "birth scene".

"The final battle sequence is a big challenge because it lasts 25 pages," Rosenberg told us. "It's almost an entire three-act story in and of itself. You have to track (kept all in one setting) hundreds of characters. It's an enormous challenge to choreograph on the page and for Bill to choreograph on the stage."

Rosenberg went on to say that perfecting that scene is her "next big hurdle."
"I've written a couple of drafts [of the scene]; I haven't gotten with Bill [to go over it] yet. That's the next big hurdle to sit down with the stunt coordinator and create the ballet."

THE VIDEO OF THE INTERVIEW:
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News
Old 08-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis (View Post)
Yeah, that would be a plus. . But then you'd be his daughter which would be awkward .
Plus, just imagine meeting Rob and asking him to sign something for you and then telling him your name. He would think you are using that name on purpose then.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Melissa Rosenburg says they are "going to push (Breaking Dawn) to the edge"

Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'd feel bad for that kid, not gonna lie!
Me too! Oh my gosh hahaha

To the edge huh? I'm all for that you push that Pg-13 edge as far as your can MR!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Knowing the fans, even the edge wouldn't be enough.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikaterini (View Post)
Knowing the fans, even the edge wouldn't be enough.
Ain't that the damn truth So annoying...lol I personally will probably be happy with what we get Loved what we got in Eclipse for EB I know there are people out there who wanted more there are always going to be people who want more. So nothing we can do about that really lol I'm sure the scenes we get will be awesome. I'm pretty positive of it.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Melissa Rosenberg shares more details on the 'Breaking Dawn' script - talks Garrett & sex scenes

i really want to belive her but can I?????
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They got away with a lot under the PG-13 rating for RM, I'm sure the sex scene for BD will be good too .

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just praying they won't make it worse than the book
Old 09-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Final Fight Scene of Breaking Dawn to Film Outside Baton Rouge

A source at the Louisiana Film Commission has revealed which scene from the anticipated final installment of the Twilight movie franchise will be filming very near to the Baton Rouge area.

Recently, Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the highly lucrative film series The Twilight Saga, announced that filming for the franchise's final chapter, Breaking Dawn, will partially take place in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A source within the Louisiana Film Commission has disclosed to me that members of the Breaking Dawn production crew have already scouted out the location they are planning to use for the film; which the studio is releasing in two parts.

The scene will be the final confrontation between the Cullen clan, who are joined by the Quileute wolf pack and their friends, and the Volturi. The scene, most of which is taken directly from the novel, has been extended to include several physical fights. It is expected that many Twilight fans will be flocking to Louisiana when the studio begins filming in the area; which is why the exact area the production team has decided on is being kept tightly under wrap.

Breaking Dawn Part 1 is scheduled for theatrical release November 18th, 2011.[/CENTER]
Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They got away with a lot under the PG-13 rating for RM, I'm sure the sex scene for BD will be good too .
So agree with ya on this one BB. Sure the sex scenes we get will be good. Just like RM

Oooh I like seeing Twilight Saga BD banner makes it seem more real looks really good with the Red and what nor.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe-seer (View Post)
I'm just praying they won't make it worse than the book
Is that even possible?? I am still wondering how they are going to make the battle scene so epic, when IMO it wasn't even a battle

I am hoping that the sex scenes are well done, like the 'RM' scenes, but I have this terrible feeling that it is going to come out more awkward then sexy.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
I am hoping that the sex scenes are well done, like the 'RM' scenes, but I have this terrible feeling that it is going to come out more awkward then sexy.
I don't think it'll be awkward at all. Eclipse had great 'hot' scenes The meadow was fantastic and the leg hitch scene was just amazing. I have no doubt RK will rock those scenes.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
I don't think it'll be awkward at all. Eclipse had great 'hot' scenes The meadow was fantastic and the leg hitch scene was just amazing. I have no doubt RK will rock those scenes.
That's great that you think they will have great hot scenes, I wish I had as much faith. The hot scenes in Eclipse were great (although the proposal make-out was a little odd and had weird angles where you couldn't see them properly), but I still think Kristen wasn't giving as much as she could RK have amazing chemistry but I am worried that the sex scenes will prove to be awkward because of their relationship outside of the saga I don't want to get attacked by anyone, but usually when you have great chemistry off screen, your on screen chemistry sucks and I just hope that the sex scenes aren't awkward for them. And before everyone tells me that they are professionals and that they know what they are doing, I already know this and I know how fantastic they both are at their jobs, I just really want the intimate moments for EB to not be awkward
Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can agree with you that . I always thought Rob and Kristen had more chemistry together off screen. Thy laugh and giggle and overall you can tell they have a good relationship (no amtter what the nature of it be.) E/B scenes in the movie seem so tense and awkward, I don't get it.

Whats this I hear about the girl playing Nessie being older? Is that a problem to some fans? I don't really know .

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown