Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2021, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=148829900712966

In the comments, the guy who posted the video (and I assume did the interview?) said they would be working together soon? Is this just wishful thinking like the interview or confirmed now?

Anyway, I listened to the interview. It was good. I wish they had more to say more in terms of scenes and behind the scenes stories, but I also understand that was a long time ago. The interviewer (Antwan) seemed to really know his stuff. When Cam was talking about their first kiss, he knew it was the scene where she cut off his tie, for example. They were very complimentary toward each other and seemed willing to work together again. I noticed they kept holding hands. That one part where Esta talked about seeing Cam's scars from his cancer was particularly touching.

Sounds like he was a fan and decided to reach and put this together, and they agreed. That's pretty cool, Anyway I'm glad he did.
Oh wow. It's so nice to see them together after all this time. And it's so sweet that Cameron jumped at the chance to see Esta again. I was really young when they first came around but from everything I've seen he's always absolutely adored her.

If I had to guess it sounds like they most definitely want to work together again but it's a matter of getting the project.

Love this title btw. Ain't it the absolute truth.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Yup, I agree more about getting a project together or finding one.

The quote from the title they actually re-aired during the montage when Gillian returned in 2011. Was AMC trying to tell us something

Anyway, I saw on CM's instagram story that Cameron is shooting another Hallmark movie right now but it's with Jennie Garth.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I saw his story about the movie with Jennie Garth.

I think him working with Esta again is really a pipe dream. I know Antwan said it was definitely happening but I have serious doubts. How many Hallmark movies can he have planned at once? And there's no way GH is bringing her on when they're leaving so many hints that Rebecca Budig is coming back as Hayden. They'd be stupid not to hire Esta because Cam and Esta have the built-in fanbase and were actually popular together, unlike Ryan & Greenlee, but I just don't see in happening
Old 09-21-2021, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think it would take a slight miracle for them to work together again. Although I could do with at least seeing Esta more than once every 10 years, even if only on social media.

Quote:
The quote from the title they actually re-aired during the montage when Gillian returned in 2011. Was AMC trying to tell us something
Yes. Let's just go with yes. Does anyone remember what scene Ryan originally said that? I think it was a Christmas or New Year ep but I'm not sure and I feel like rewatching.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
Yes. Let's just go with yes. Does anyone remember what scene Ryan originally said that? I think it was a Christmas or New Year ep but I'm not sure and I feel like rewatching.
It's toward the end of this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2qGmndzkkQ
Old 09-23-2021, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

I was way off. I got to brush up. Thank you!
Old 09-29-2021, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

He did say something about her being the love of his life at Christmas, so you weren't that far off.

New Esta interview with SOC

https://www.soapcentral.com/all-my-c...-interview.php
Old 09-30-2021, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Thanks for posting that.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He did say something about her being the love of his life at Christmas, so you weren't that far off.

New Esta interview with SOC

https://www.soapcentral.com/all-my-c...-interview.php
Sweet! I really hope this means we get some more Esta from now on. Thank you for posting.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Whoa, another interview! She really is getting back out there.

I love how they talk about John Callahan and Michael Nader, but it depresses me that she once again says she would've come back but she was never asked because the way they killed her was too permanent What could've been!
Old 10-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

It really does still suck all these years later. I know it's been rumoured but I did always get the impression the writers or tptb or whoever weren't big Gillian fans. That too permanent was just an excuse imo. Look at Jesse!
Old 10-02-2021, 04:40 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't know if they hated Esta but they definitely gave her a FU death and exit (Just like they did to JC/Edmund) but the way they always wrote Ryan/Gillian, it never came off that they hated the actress or character. I agree that if Jessie could come back after being an angel for decades and donated his organs, then Gillian could of came back. However, the way they shoved Ryan/Greenlee down everyone's throats I could of easily seen them destroy Gillian for her like they did everyone else. I feel like that would of been worse, so at least before they turned Ryan into a womanizing ahole Gillian is the love of his life.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Someone on SON claimed that CM was complaining about his lack of airtime and killed her off to get him to resign and Angela Shapiro (ABC head at the time) agreed to it cause she didn't like her, something like that. Cam's original comment that they told him first before her, that would seem to add up to that. I don't know if it is true though. All though that does line up with an an old interview of CM's I remember where he said he never got the same airtime again during his first run on the show that he had gotten the first two years after Ryan/Hayley ended and Leo came on the show.

I do remember an interview from Jean Passanante in 1999 and she did not seem eager to go back to Ryan and Gillian and scoffed it off with they were not going in that direction. Dunno if that had anything to do with it, though Agnes Nixon was also still in the fold then that helped control story through 1999-2000. It also might've been a Conforti, who was briefly there around the time she died as co-HW. Esta made it seem like she was considering leaving but not necessarily that soon or she just thought she was leaving. I don't know, the recent interview made it seem like she wasn't sure if it was set in stone.

McTavish was probably the one most invested in the couple, though she obviously favored Ryan. I think Liz Page and Victor Miller also liked them. They were break down and script writers through 1998 and the first part of 1999, Liz P being a co-HW for half a second in 1999 though fired cause of disagreements with JP and Agnes. This might be a minority opinion, but I think Broderick was one most invested in Gillian as an individual character (in terms of developing her family, backstory, connections etc), after all she created her, or maybe I just found her to be a better writer.

You're right about Edmund. That wasn't just a quick death, That was drawn out and brutal what they did to him. The whole thing with him being confined to a wheel chair and reduced to stalking Maria and Zach.... then they killed him off and said he left everything to Brooke rather than Maria. I get they got divorced in real life at the time but that didn't seem to be the reason for all that from what Eva said. I know Frons didn't like him. He was obsessed with Aiden.

I agree Ryan/Greenlee would've still been shoved down our throats still because of Brian Frons, whether Gillian was there or not. He was obsessed with that pairing for some reason. Apparently McTavish wanted the endgame to be Ryan/Kendall but they made a compromise that Kendall had Ryan's kid if Greenlee and Ryan ended up together, then that whole Zendall thing took off. If you remember Kendall was originally a McTavish creation back when SMG was in the role, where as Nixon was a Nixon/Passanante creation.

Rumor was Frons spent a lot of money to bring Budig back in 2008. Lorraine Broderick was brought back to write the show early 2010 and the ratings were higher and there was JR/Annie, Ryan/Madison, Greenlee/David but then suddenly LB was fired for younger writers thanks to Frons putting his big hand in the pot yet again (VI confirmed this) and Ryan and Greenlee were forced back together for a final time until the end and Annie was written off crazy in the mental ward until they brought her back for the end of the show.

Oh here's the head writer timeline so I hope I am not confusing anyone

October 1995 – December 1997 Lorraine Broderick (with Millee Taggart from September 1996 – January 1997)
December 1997 – May 1999 Megan McTavish
May 1999 – July 1999 Agnes Nixon & Elizabeth Page
July 1999 – November 1999 Agnes Nixon, Elizabeth Page, and Jean Passanante
November 1999 – January 2001 Agnes Nixon and Jean Passanante
January 2001 – May 2001 Jean Passanante
May 2001-June 2001 Jean Passanante and Michael Conforti
June 2001-August 2001 Jean Passanante

I will say that when Agnes Nixon came back in early 2008 to write the Angie/Jesse reunion is when we got those visits from Dixie's angel and "What If" segments with her and Tad, and Ryan with amnesia mentioning Gillian in the first time in forever. When he first got amnesia, He did not remember being married to Annie. Later he remembered Greenlee cause they were propping that reunion with her return, but initially there was a line snuck in there that one of the few things he did remember over both Annie and Greenlee was having been married to Gillian Andrassy. I always wondered if Agnes had snuck that in. Same with Myrtle's funeral where Ryan had a flashback of Myrtle encouraging Ryan to tell Gillian he loved her.

Wow, that was a long post. This is all speculation on my part based what I've read on forums and deduced from interviews over the years. GOS and all that.

Last edited by tslpsh; 10-02-2021 at 06:31 PM
Old 10-02-2021, 08:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Ironically when I was watching AMC I didn't know anything that was happening BTS and heard more things when I stopped watching. Some of that latter stuff I remember a little about. That's bs if they killed Gillian off to get CM to leave, why screw her over cause of how they felt about CM? They got worse and less classy as time went on with how they wrote off or fired actors. I know this is a Ryan/Gillian thread but the way they did JC/Edmund was so f...ed up from what I heard recently. Yeah, I heard when ELR had an interview recently about it all, they wanted to kill Edmund off earlier but kept him on cause ELR was still there, then I think they let him go when ELR said she wasn't renewing her contract with the show. I think they told JC they were letting him go like a week or two before his death scene was coming up. ELR said her and JC were so depressed over how their characters were ending, and JC loved his job and always wanted to stay. I stopped watching at the time, but I hated hearing how Edmund was destroyed, put in a wheelchair, treated Maria like crap, had her always cheat on him with their pet Zach, then after they killed Edmund I heard they wrote it like Maria only loved Zach. GTFOOHWTBS! Like damn, what did JC do to you guys? I also did hear Frons loved Aidan, which is why the Edmund/Maria story changed from Edmund and Maria falling in love all over again (and I heard that story is why ELR agreed to return) to Maria acting like a teenage groupie overnight for Aidan. The way they wrote Maria is the main reason I stopped watching the show. I couldn't stand her or how they were crapping on Edmund/Maria, but I'm glad they did eventually reunite. I'm glad I stopped watching by the time that POS joined ABC, it sounds like he ruined every single soap and many characters. Especially for his pets Zach, Ryan, and Greenlee.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Ironically when I was watching AMC I didn't know anything that was happening BTS and heard more things when I stopped watching. Some of that latter stuff I remember a little about. That's bs if they killed Gillian off to get CM to leave, why screw her over cause of how they felt about CM? They got worse and less classy as time went on with how they wrote off or fired actors. I know this is a Ryan/Gillian thread but the way they did JC/Edmund was so f...ed up from what I heard recently. Yeah, I heard when ELR had an interview recently about it all, they wanted to kill Edmund off earlier but kept him on cause ELR was still there, then I think they let him go when ELR said she wasn't renewing her contract with the show. I think they told JC they were letting him go like a week or two before his death scene was coming up. ELR said her and JC were so depressed over how their characters were ending, and JC loved his job and always wanted to stay. I stopped watching at the time, but I hated hearing how Edmund was destroyed, put in a wheelchair, treated Maria like crap, had her always cheat on him with their pet Zach, then after they killed Edmund I heard they wrote it like Maria only loved Zach. GTFOOHWTBS! Like damn, what did JC do to you guys? I also did hear Frons loved Aidan, which is why the Edmund/Maria story changed from Edmund and Maria falling in love all over again (and I heard that story is why ELR agreed to return) to Maria acting like a teenage groupie overnight for Aidan. The way they wrote Maria is the main reason I stopped watching the show. I couldn't stand her or how they were crapping on Edmund/Maria, but I'm glad they did eventually reunite. I'm glad I stopped watching by the time that POS joined ABC, it sounds like he ruined every single soap and many characters. Especially for his pets Zach, Ryan, and Greenlee.
No, they valued CM and were trying to get him to re-sign his contract with the show and prevent him from leaving. They thought killing her would convince him by giving him a big story. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Agreed. None of the ABC soaps were the same for me after Brian Frons took over in late 2002/early 2003. He had the worst taste and couldn't just stay an exec and had to foist his creative opinions on everything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread