Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2021, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
I'm wondering the same thing. And how did this come about anyway? Although it's nice he was saying on that one podcast how he couldn't find her on social media, and looks like he found her in person, even better.
I think because on The Talk podcast he asked if anyone had her information to please send it to him because he couldn't find her. She does have a Facebook account, but it's private. I'm assuming he sent her a private message there.

I'm not really sure how this new podcast came about. It's been three weeks, though, where is it? I know nothing about podcasts and how long they take to edit and air, but 3 weeks seems like a long time.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Finally, the interview is here! Cameron said it was a podcast but it looks like a full sit-down interview. It's tomorrow at 7 pm EST on Facebook:

https://fb.watch/71SWVliT3W/
Old 07-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyQ (View Post)
Finally, the interview is here! Cameron said it was a podcast but it looks like a full sit-down interview. It's tomorrow at 7 pm EST on Facebook:

https://fb.watch/71SWVliT3W/
Oh wow, thanks for bringing that over. Can't wait to watch. I'll post my thoughts later.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=148829900712966

In the comments, the guy who posted the video (and I assume did the interview?) said they would be working together soon? Is this just wishful thinking like the interview or confirmed now?

Anyway, I listened to the interview. It was good. I wish they had more to say more in terms of scenes and behind the scenes stories, but I also understand that was a long time ago. The interviewer (Antwan) seemed to really know his stuff. When Cam was talking about their first kiss, he knew it was the scene where she cut off his tie, for example. They were very complimentary toward each other and seemed willing to work together again. I noticed they kept holding hands. That one part where Esta talked about seeing Cam's scars from his cancer was particularly touching.

Sounds like he was a fan and decided to reach and put this together, and they agreed. That's pretty cool, Anyway I'm glad he did.

Last edited by tslpsh; 07-31-2021 at 02:31 AM
Old 07-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=148829900712966

In the comments, the guy who posted the video (and I assume did the interview?) said they would be working together soon? Is this just wishful thinking like the interview or confirmed now?

Anyway, I listened to the interview. It was good. I wish they had more to say more in terms of scenes and behind the scenes stories, but I also understand that was a long time ago. The interviewer (Antwan) seemed to really know his stuff. When Cam was talking about their first kiss, he knew it was the scene where she cut off his tie, for example. They were very complimentary toward each other and seemed willing to work together again. I noticed they kept holding hands. That one part where Esta talked about seeing Cam's scars from his cancer was particularly touching.

Sounds like he was a fan and decided to reach and put this together, and they agreed. That's pretty cool, Anyway I'm glad he did.
I think it's wishful thinking because both said they wanted to work together again, and Cameron joked about her coming on GH. I sadly don't see GH bringing her on. They're already laying the groundwork for Rebecca Budig's character Hayden to come back so they can do a "Ryan & Greenlee" reunion, as if they were ever popular together. He still does Hallmark movies and has some pull there. Maybe we could get a hallmark movie with them together?

If the primetime reboot was more focused on the original characters and not their children, I could see it happening there, but it's not, it's about the kids and the Santos/Kane families. Ryan & Gillian don't fit there. I almost wish the primetime reboot fails and they bring AMC back as a daytime show. That's our best chance of a Ryan & Gillian reunion. Honestly, ABC needs something in the 1 pm hour. Right now they just have news

The interviewer did seem like a big fan, which I loved. It took a fan to get them back together because all these other Zoom reunions never include Esta, which always pisses me off.

You could tell Cameron and Esta were so happy to see each other again after so many years. I think that's why they kept touching hands. I loved when he said at the end that he wasn't leaving without her phone number lol
Old 07-31-2021, 09:40 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'll be shocked if they ever worked together again, but I don't see it happening cause they are in two different worlds now. I also don't see the AMC reboot happening cause AMC ended ten years ago, most have moved on, and soaps aren't that popular anymore. However, I am happy they have both reunited and I hope they continue to keep in touch.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I'll be shocked if they ever worked together again, but I don't see it happening cause they are in two different worlds now. I also don't see the AMC reboot happening cause AMC ended ten years ago, most have moved on, and soaps aren't that popular anymore. However, I am happy they have both reunited and I hope they continue to keep in touch.
I know, it's just wishful thinking. It's been so long since Esta has acted, in America at least. The only reason I was thinking they might bring AMC back is because there's been so many reunions lately and nothing they've put in that 1 pm timeslot has worked.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:58 AM
Loyal Fan

So I saw an instagram post, and Antwan is saying they are working together. I guess we will see if it happens.

Anyway, Cam did a podcast with Alison Sweeney that came out today. He mentioned his reunion with Esta. Apparently he was really busy and wasn't sure he was gonna do it until he read it would be with her. Then he jumped at the chance.

At around 52:45
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/cont...gests-podcast/

BTW, I found this old pic of them at some old SSW

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-12-2021 at 03:43 PM
Old 08-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So I saw an instagram post, and Antwan is saying they are working together. I guess we will see if it happens.

Anyway, Cam did a podcast with Alison Sweeney that came out today. He mentioned his reunion with Esta. Apparently he was really busy and wasn't sure he was gonna do it until he read it would be with her. Then he jumped at the chance.

Thanks for that.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

BTW, I found this old pic of them at some old SSW

Thanks for the podcast and photo!

I saw the Instagram post. I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt and not get too excited. In the interview, Antwan said he wanted them to work together and was putting it out into the universe. Now he's saying they're definitely working together. What happened in between and how does he know about it?

Let's just say he's right. It's not GH. Their cast is already way too big and they're hinting at RB coming back as Hayden (like we need Ryan & Greenlee 2.0 ). I also don't think it's the AMC Primetime reboot since that focuses on the Kane and Santos families. The only other thing I can think of is them doing a Hallmark movie together, but in the Soap Opera Digest podcast you posted, he doesn't mention anything about them working together again, so I'm skeptical.

Last edited by BaileyQ; 08-22-2021 at 10:06 AM
Old 08-22-2021, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I actually outright asked Cameron if it's true him and Esta were working together on instagram. I was surprised he actually responded. He said, and I quote, "oh man don’t know"

So, yeah I am skeptical too. Unless something is officially confirmed, I am not expecting it or getting my hopes up.

Even if it was real, I didn't think it was GH either (despite the fact Mark Teschner liked that Cam/Esta photo on instagram). I mean even if they forced her into some role like Kim how would they explain the accent? And Cam would only have time for maybe a movie during their dark week breaks. It couldn't be anything else unless its a very short series on Amazon like the one Sean Kanan was doing where its like 6 ten minute episodes, or something.

Have they even greenlit the AMC pilot yet for filming? I haven't heard much about that either. I feel like if by some small chance that actually takes off, it will probably be some streaming service, like they are trying to do with the DAYS OF OUR LIVES spin off.

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-22-2021 at 07:20 PM
Old 08-23-2021, 07:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I actually outright asked Cameron if it's true him and Esta were working together on instagram. I was surprised he actually responded. He said, and I quote, "oh man don’t know"

So, yeah I am skeptical too. Unless something is officially confirmed, I am not expecting it or getting my hopes up.

Even if it was real, I didn't think it was GH either (despite the fact Mark Teschner liked that Cam/Esta photo on instagram). I mean even if they forced her into some role like Kim how would they explain the accent? And Cam would only have time for maybe a movie during their dark week breaks. It couldn't be anything else unless its a very short series on Amazon like the one Sean Kanan was doing where its like 6 ten minute episodes, or something.

Have they even greenlit the AMC pilot yet for filming? I haven't heard much about that either. I feel like if by some small chance that actually takes off, it will probably be some streaming service, like they are trying to do with the DAYS OF OUR LIVES spin off.
Wow, I can't believe he responded to you. Was it on the picture of him & Esta or was it a DM?

I'm kinda mad at Antwan if it's not happening because he said "It's going to happen. There's no exact date, but it's happening." That's so misleading when Cam's saying he doesn't know.

I would be more hopeful it was GH if the show wasn't already so packed. Fans complained when they cast Cameron because they felt the show wasn't utilizing the characters they already have. And again, they're laying the groundwork for RB to come back If it did happen, Esta would have to be a brand new character because of the accent, but again, I'm not getting my hopes up. They're going to try Cam's Drew out with Sam to see if he has chemistry with Kelly Monaco and then probably Hayden, even though we know they don't have any. I also think Esta looks a little too much like Kelly Monaco for them to bring her on the show.

I've heard the AMC primetime reboot was announced prematurely. It's still on the table for the 2022-2023 TV season, which means they would have to cast and film the pilot this Spring. The last time Leo Richardson, the writer of the show, mentioned it on his Instagram was early July and he was telling everyone to keep their fingers crossed and make some noise to ABC.

Last edited by BaileyQ; 08-23-2021 at 08:45 PM
Old 08-24-2021, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

It was under the entertainment tonight photo he posted where I asked and he responded.

I remember when that picture of Esta and Cameron first went up on instagram, at first glance I did think it was Kelly Monaco. A lot of other people did too and were confused. Esta's got those beautiful almond shape eyes though that give her more of an "exotic" look.

Honestly I would prefer it was something else. GH isn't so hot these days anyway.

Thanks for the update about the new AMC. If it does happen, I'll probably check it out but again realize it won't be the same show. It will probably have to be about a bunch of new younger characters as the focus, with some old timers as cameos.

BTW, did you hear about Michael Nadar passing away? Gillian would be the only left from the Wildwind crew family now. Edmund and Dimitri both gone.... I guess Maria and Edmund's kids and Anton could show back up. I'd prefer Anton to stay gone.

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-26-2021 at 11:01 AM
Old 08-27-2021, 05:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It was under the entertainment tonight photo he posted where I asked and he responded.

I remember when that picture of Esta and Cameron first went up on instagram, at first glance I did think it was Kelly Monaco. A lot of other people did too and were confused. Esta's got those beautiful almond shape eyes though that give her more of an "exotic" look.

Honestly I would prefer it was something else. GH isn't so hot these days anyway.

Thanks for the update about the new AMC. If it does happen, I'll probably check it out but again realize it won't be the same show. It will probably have to be about a bunch of new younger characters as the focus, with some old timers as cameos.

BTW, did you hear about Michael Nadar passing away? Gillian would be the only left from the Wildwind crew family now. Edmund and Dimitri both gone.... I guess Maria and Edmund's kids and Anton could show back up. I'd prefer Anton to stay gone.
I would take whatever we could get lol. I watch GH on and off. I'm curious to watch now that Cameron's on, but it will be weird to see him in scenes with Kelly Monaco because again she does resemble Esta. I also don't feel like watching "Ryan & Greenlee" 2.0.

So sad about Michael Nader. The one bad thing about Ryan & Gillian's second wedding was that they had the recast Dimitri and not him. It felt wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out why Cameron's saying "Oh man, I don't know" when Antwan's saying "It's definitely happening"
Old 08-28-2021, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyQ (View Post)
I would take whatever we could get lol. I watch GH on and off. I'm curious to watch now that Cameron's on, but it will be weird to see him in scenes with Kelly Monaco because again she does resemble Esta. I also don't feel like watching "Ryan & Greenlee" 2.0.

So sad about Michael Nader. The one bad thing about Ryan & Gillian's second wedding was that they had the recast Dimitri and not him. It felt wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out why Cameron's saying "Oh man, I don't know" when Antwan's saying "It's definitely happening"
I know there were rumors MN had substance abuse issues, and that's why he was fired, but I agree that Dimitri throwing Ryan/Gillian a wedding would of been more significant had it been him in the role.

I watch GH on and off too. I've seen some of the clips, and so far he's in prison. I am confused as to how he remembers his training as a navy seal though, as Drew didn't have his original memories when he left, from what I remember.

You're guess is as good as mind with the different comments. No idea

I saw an interview with Cameron where he said going to GH gave him flashbacks to first joining AMC back in 1997. It's interesting that he started AMC in 1997 with Esta, had her brought back for the ending. Then in 2021, he literally caught up with her again literally a week before he started first taping GH.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread