Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Matt mostly keeps coming back for the fans.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good! We love him, that's all that matters
Old 10-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't watch the show really but I did tune in to an episode the other day and saw both Abigail and JJ on. I can't believe how they aged JJ to be an adult so fast! Wasn't he just a baby a few years ago! Abby at least is about the same age she would really be, born in 1992. I also saw where Abby's fiance's dad(?) referred to Jennifer as "Mrs. Deveraux" - glad that's how she's known and not Horton! At least if Jack has to be "dead" his family is still represented on the show I guess.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They always age kids so fast.. Ciara is gonna be aged to a teenager soon!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love how true this turned out to be.

To this day the campaigns to bring Jack back never stop.

It even trended on Twitter.

Everybody still wants Jack/Jennifer together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
I don't watch the show really but I did tune in to an episode the other day and saw both Abigail and JJ on. I can't believe how they aged JJ to be an adult so fast! Wasn't he just a baby a few years ago! Abby at least is about the same age she would really be, born in 1992. I also saw where Abby's fiance's dad(?) referred to Jennifer as "Mrs. Deveraux" - glad that's how she's known and not Horton! At least if Jack has to be "dead" his family is still represented on the show I guess.
The clips I watched of EJabby showed lots of respect for Jack and a few parts of Chabby.

The things with the first were really sweet moments of Abby talking about her dad.

EJ understood Jack in a way most didn't. Abby was impressed by that.

Jack is known as a real hero and great man in people's eyes.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 10-10-2015 at 08:58 PM
Old 10-11-2015, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that
Old 10-13-2015, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm really obsessed with JnJ right now.

Especially since Chad reminds me of Jack with his humor in some ways.

Too bad they can't write some witty banter between Chabby.

JnJ are the only Supercouple that I know that had the comedy with everything else.

It's one of many things that made them unique to all the other couples.

New JnJ vid to an overused song right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeSqFZKWWmE

Old 10-13-2015, 06:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I'm really obsessed with JnJ right now.

Especially since Chad reminds me of Jack with his humor in some ways.

Too bad they can't write some witty banter between Chabby. [/CENTER]
I am intrigued by what I have heard of Chad and Abby, I may need to tune in to see more of them! Are there any clip compilations somewhere of their scenes from the past to catch up on their history?

I've made a few J&J videos in the past, these are the ones I have on YT right now:

Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting the vids I watched the Love Me Like You Do so far.. making me want Jack back on the show
Old 10-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the Breathe Me one the most.

We Love Soaps: Jack & Jennifer From DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Jack/Jennifer

IMPACT:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES worked the Supercouple formula for all it was worth in the 1980s with Jack and Jennifer considered by many to be the last true successful “Supercouple” from the show. Their story was unique in the sense that there was a tragic but comedic element at the forefront. Jack was tormented by his past (the rape of Kayla ) but wanted to be a better man thanks to Jennifer. We watched them match wits, and it was fun.

The couple won Soap Opera Digest Awards as Favorite Supercouple in 1991, and then Best Wedding and Best Love Story in 1992.

When DAYS OF OUR LIVES “re-booted” the show in 2011, they brought Matthew Ashford on to the canvas once again to play out Jack’s story with Jennifer. The fact that the show has continued to bring Ashford back (despite always firing him later) is a testament to the power and impact of the original Jack and Jennifer love story.

My response to this.

This changed as soon as James Reilly took over as head writer and hasn't been used anymore until now. He took over right after JnJ got married. Missy said he had no interest writing for them or Supercouples. He thought triangles were the way to go. There were stupid things written except them having Abby and then Matt was fired the first time. It's ironic that her parents were the last true one.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 10-16-2015 at 03:48 PM
Old 10-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is the writing and acting of a True Super Couple.

Everybody else never thought there could be anything good in him.

Jennifer did and helped inspired Jack to change even when he felt it didn't matter.

People would only see his past. It's was Jennifer that never gave up even when he pushed her away over and over.

I love the way she fought for their love no matter what happened those early days when all other people saw was a terrible man in every way.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember their story too much I was only 4 when this stuff happened I was watching Days with my grandmother but I don't remember all that stuff

That's why they need to make DVDs of Soap Operas man! I would buy that crap!!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaylijahღEndgame (View Post)
I don't remember their story too much I was only 4 when this stuff happened I was watching Days with my grandmother but I don't remember all that stuff

That's why they need to make DVDs of Soap Operas man! I would buy that crap!!
I was like 6 years old when they got married.

I grew up watching soaps.

It's what like I was a born shipper and didn't know it.

The first time both came back to the show I decided I wanted to see their love story.

I can watch their scenes over and over from the early days.

I would describe JnJ as my perfect imperfect Soap OTP.

I don't why I put those in diff. cat. but it just seems right for me that way.

I know this is why how bad Days and Soaps in general have gotten b/c I saw them when their was romance drama mysteries adventures and even lots of comedy added into JnJ

The cast interacting together a lot more.

Plus all the actors were given great material to be able show off their talent.

Days and the other soaps weren't always about love triangles.

They were there but not really the huge focal point they are now and nothing else to the SL.

It was more like somehow things with the characters would eventually come together b/c of something big happening but it doesn't feel as forced even if characters don't like each other.There reasons why this happening that gets you to this point. There are parties weddings and other events and mostly a SL moves forward in some way.

The main characters were written complex and more connections with friendships and family.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I was a little kid when they got married, but I got edits of their old days when they returned to the show in the 2000s and got hooked on them that way! All their clips are available to download at the Devoted to Deveraux website too. They are my only soap OTP, probably because soap couples are not written the same way these days. Couples these days don't stay together long and fall in love with so many other characters, that their relationships are just not as special. After Jack and Jennifer started falling for each other, there was absolutely no one else either of them wanted, even up until the day Matt left the show in 1993. You don't see that now on soaps.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread