Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Poor stupid Emilio. He's singing a song for Jenn and she's thinking about Jack. He was really dumb. I liked when Jack would make fun of him, but Emilio was too stupid to get he was being insulted. It was like that old movie 'His Girl Friday' with Emilio in the Ralph Bellamy role (I think even years later they did do a His Girl Friday B&W sequence with J&J).

Remember that one time Jack convinced Emilio to wear a tux to Shakespeare in the park? Or when Jack and Jenn were reciting Shakespeare, and Emilio was all confused?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Poor stupid Emilio. He's singing a song for Jenn and she's thinking about Jack. He was really dumb. I liked when Jack would make fun of him, but Emilio was too stupid to get he was being insulted. It was like that old movie His Girl Friday with Emilio in the Ralph Bellamy role (I think even years later they did do a His Girl Friday B&W sequence with J&J).

Remember that one time Jack convinced Emilio to wear a tux to Shakespeare in the park? Or when Jack and Jenn were reciting Shakespeare, and Emilio was all confused?
I neverrrrr got the appeal of Emilio! He was the legitimate love interest for Jennifer until TPTB realized her chemistry with Jack, and I just don't know why? I guess he was supposed to be a sort of bad boy, anti-Frankie romance for her. Also, didn't Adrienne cheat on Justin with Emilio, or did I make that up?
Old 09-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't even think we were supposed to care about Emilio when I watched edits.

It seemed he was only used to help keep JnJ apart.

I didn't even hate him at all.

He wasn't such a bad guy and like Jack not like other soap men.

I felt like he wasn't supposed to be a long term character.

I liked him and Melissa together though.

Like him I didn't see her being a long term character either.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh yeah, that Melissa recast. Remember when the original Melissa left Jack at the alter? I saw that on youtube, and Jennifer was there as a bridesmaid, and this was before J&J officially met about the horse story.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I didn't even think we were supposed to care about Emilio when I watched edits.

It seemed he was only used to help keep JnJ apart.

I didn't even hate him at all.

He wasn't such a bad guy and like Jack not like other soap men.

I felt like he wasn't supposed to be a long term character.

I liked him and Melissa together though.

Like him I didn't see her being a long term character either.
I think when Jennifer first met Jack at the newspaper when she wanted to write a story about Emilio's racehorse, at that time she and Emilio were supposed to be a rooting couple, but then as they wrote her more with Jack, that changed. I could be wrong, I only watched edits myself and not when it all originally aired. Emilio definitely became just a foil for J&J once it was clear Jennifer liked Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Oh yeah, that Melissa recast. Remember when the original Melissa left Jack at the alter? I saw that on youtube, and Jennifer was there as a bridesmaid, and this was before J&J officially met about the horse story.
Yep, she was Jennifer's cousin and Jack used her basically. I think she caught him cheating on her right before the wedding! So that was pretty clever to bring her back later (with a recast) after Jack had started trying to redeem himself, because she told him she thought he was still a scumbag and that made him push Jennifer away more.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I think you might be correct, actually. I've read articles and such from that time, and the J&J thing was very controversial. The head writer talked about how she had to really fight for it because Jack was seen as untouchable due to what he did to Kayla.

There was even a bit there when J&J weren't sharing scenes much after Emilio first came back and Jack was hanging with Isabella. Luckily they moved it back to J&J and made Emilio more of the interloper by that point.

Here's this from D2D

Old 09-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's funny how just watching the show that it seemed like JnJ were planned to happen all along but they weren't. The couples that are unexpected are usually the best especially if there is unintentional buildup. JnJ have a lot b/c the story was written in a way they evolved slowly. The characters also really took on a life of their own and luckily the writers let them. JnJ felt natural and real b/c that was the way the writers wrote them up until James Reilly took over.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

I never saw Emilio and Jennifer's romance. Were they a believable couple or was it very one sided. Where he was more into her, than she was into him. And she was just settling?
Old 09-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Emilio? Who is that?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

There are some Emilio/Jennifer clips in this video, starting around 11:40 - Billy Hufsey was apparently popular back then, but watching as someone who was just a young child in the 80s (and thus never lived the trends out myself) I can NOT with the hair!

Quote:
I never saw Emilio and Jennifer's romance. Were they a believable couple or was it very one sided. Where he was more into her, than she was into him. And she was just settling?
In the beginning as shown in the clips above, I do think she was really interested in him, but as we got into 1990 and Jennifer worked more with Jack, she started giving Jack the moon eyes and was definitely settling with Emilio. At some point it wasn't a real triangle anymore because it was clear who Jennifer really wanted. She came on to Jack several times while with Emilio and then accepted Emilio's proposal because Jack kept rejecting her (I believe she even told Emilio she had to think about it, and only said yes after Jack rejected her again), thus definitely only settling. She basically cheated on Emilio by kissing Jack several times, but the angel that is Jennifer Rose Horton would NEVER get vilified for that Then she slept with Jack during the Cruise of Deception while still engaged to Emilio, but they had Emilio hook up with Melissa at the same time so they could both get off scot-free.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep that's a good description.

The hair.

I had know idea though anyone took Emilio/Jennifer seriously.

It just seemed like a rebound from Frankie to me.

Then Jack was her True Love.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

I never knew Frankie and Jennifer, but I always thought she came alive with Jack.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Are they coming back to DAYS? I've been hearing of the other big returns.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
Are they coming back to DAYS? I've been hearing of the other big returns.
I am pretty sure Melissa Reeves is still there? I haven't actually watched the show in years. If Matt Ashford comes back they would have to raise Jack from the dead for what, the 3rd time?
Old 09-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

What was the first time? I believe the second time was when there was a serial killer running around in Salem. But no one was actually dead. But what was number one?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread