Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Congrats to Laura winning, but I thought Debbi Morgan was going to win. I thought her acting was Emmy worthy.

I would have been shocked if JJ did not win.

So Lexi lost to a woman that got fired because she was not panning out as Marissa and could not generate any chemistry with Jacob Young.

I would have liked to see Chad win, but I was very happy for Scott Clifton.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok so the end of todays episode had me yelling at the tv and laughing at the same time because what did I expect, I am watching a soap opera. And only in a soap opera would a woman who took people hostage at a hospital and shot a man would not be handcuffed and dragged out of the hospital. Instead we just let her be to go cause more havoc.

Seriously can not wait though for this week to play out. Saw the preview while I wa waiting for GH to come on :

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
Ok so the end of todays episode had me yelling at the tv and laughing at the same time because what did I expect, I am watching a soap opera. And only in a soap opera would a woman who took people hostage at a hospital and shot a man would not be handcuffed and dragged out of the hospital. Instead we just let her be to go cause more havoc.
I`m sorry. I get that it`s a soap and everything but I don't buy Dante knocking Lisa down and believing she's out cold and him just leaving her to go see what else is going on. He's not that stupid, and better yet neither is Jason. I know he was worried about Spinelli but REALLY? That whole thing was just a joke.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmqn (View Post)
Congrats to Laura winning, but I thought Debbi Morgan was going to win. I thought her acting was Emmy worthy.

I would have been shocked if JJ did not win.

So Lexi lost to a woman that got fired because she was not panning out as Marissa and could not generate any chemistry with Jacob Young.

I would have liked to see Chad win, but I was very happy for Scott Clifton.
basically what you said. lol. although i adore laura, gh has hardly given her award worthy writing, thus her win is kind of wtf to me. of course jj would win. derrr. and although i've grown fond of chad, i'm very happy scott won. after scott was discarded from oltl, i'm happy he found another place on b&b. love him. i'd kill to have him back with lindze on gh, but evs.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
basically what you said. lol. although i adore laura, gh has hardly given her award worthy writing, thus her win is kind of wtf to me. of course jj would win. derrr. and although i've grown fond of chad, i'm very happy scott won. after scott was discarded from oltl, i'm happy he found another place on b&b. love him. i'd kill to have him back with lindze on gh, but evs.
But she didn't win because of the writing. She won because of her performance. GH's lackluster writing shouldn't hinder the talent of some of the cast, and in the case of JJ and LW, I'm glad it didn't.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know it was ~soapy but damn leaving Lisa there unattended was just so dumb and frustrating.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I actually think it was SO dumb, it failed at being soapy, lol.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

I think they're grasping at any kind of straws at this point to keep the actress around. Maybe they shouldn't have written her into such a corner in the first place

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 06-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene_Ray (View Post)
But she didn't win because of the writing. She won because of her performance. GH's lackluster writing shouldn't hinder the talent of some of the cast, and in the case of JJ and LW, I'm glad it didn't.
what was she performing? reciting the phone book? no. she was performing the writing. lol. saying the writing doesn't play a key part in an actor's performance is ridiculous. they go hand in hand. i mean, i love laura, but her character is the most annoying character on daytime. if she wants to be rewarded for being good at playing annoying, ok, but i'm still gonna bring my wtf face. and i'm the biggest carly fan ever. or was. this past year has been the worst for me. ugh. also, i'll gladly throw jj in the ring w/ having crappy writing this past year. that's the truth. if anyone from gh EARNED their nomination, it was chad... and yet look how well that worked out. hum.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
what was she performing? reciting the phone book? no. she was performing the writing. lol. saying the writing doesn't play a key part in an actor's performance is ridiculous. they go hand in hand. i mean, i love laura, but her character is the most annoying character on daytime. if she wants to be rewarded for being good at playing annoying, ok, but i'm still gonna bring my wtf face. and i'm the biggest carly fan ever. or was. this past year has been the worst for me. ugh. also, i'll gladly throw jj in the ring w/ having crappy writing this past year. that's the truth. if anyone from gh EARNED their nomination, it was chad... and yet look how well that worked out. hum.
Yeah, that's not a valid argument in my opinion. There are tons of talented actors and actresses that give transcending performances of material that is mediocre or even poor. That's also like saying if an actor is given mind blowing content they don't need their TALENT to do it justice. That's not the case. I'm not even a huge Carly supporter. She's entitled and insufferable most of the time but that doesn't take away from the fact that Laura Wright is a terrific actress. Her acting ability and skills cannot be solely dependent on the writing of the show, though an increased colabor of writing, would without a doubt elevate the depth of the talent, I don't think the writing always dictates how well and effectively someone delivers and interprets the material.

But then again, that's just my opinion.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene_Ray (View Post)
Yeah, that's not a valid argument in my opinion.
how can my argument be valid or not? it's based on my opinion, which if you can have yours, i can have mine. or are you one of those people who thinks everything they say is right and that's it? um, no. and i did say the writing and performance go hand in hand, you just failed to read my post correctly. sorry for ya.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
how can my argument be valid or not? it's based on my opinion, which if you can have yours, i can have mine. or are you one of those people who thinks everything they say is right and that's it? um, no. and i did say the writing and performance go hand in hand, you just failed to read my post correctly. sorry for ya.
No need to be condescending. I stated that it was my opinion TWICE in the post. Maybe you're the one who failed to read it correctly. And though I realize you were being sarcastic, there are also no need for your sorry`s, I`m doing just fine.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you're calling me condescending? first of all, you said my opinion wasn't valid while seeking my respect of your opinion. lol. that's condescending. secondly, just the fact that you need two posts to attack me is laughable. and you're right, i shouldn't be sorry. you should be. next time, make sure you read someone's entire post without stealing the basis of their argument before you claim it as your own. jfc.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
what was she performing? reciting the phone book? no. she was performing the writing. lol. saying the writing doesn't play a key part in an actor's performance is ridiculous.
This is what you came out of the gate with in response to my first post. You're telling me this isn't condescending? Really? I also was in no way seeking your respect for my opinion, I was simply stating my thoughts that happened to not coincide with yours. And I didn't use two posts to attack you, if you read my first post in it's entirety, it was my reasoning as to why I don't think poor writing begets poor performances 100% of the time. You were the one calling things "ridiculous" and asking me if I was one of those people who think I'm right all the time. Who was attacking who? Honestly.

I don't get into fandom quarrels and the like because it's silly, trivial and insignificant. I was just voicing a difference of opinion and you jumped down my throat. But then again I'm sure you don't see it that way.

Moving on... it's time for a new thread, anyone have a title?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Closing this thread. Feel free to not continue this "attacking" Or continue it by PM's. thanks.

ETA: --> http://www.fanforum.com/f29/general-...addy-63002302/

Last edited by - Nina -; 06-21-2011 at 11:12 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread