Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh, I hate ice storms. They're even worse than snowstorms.

I'm guessing it's gonna be the Patriots, again. Brady's gonna want to make history as the first quarterback and first NFL team to win five Super Bowls.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really hoping the Falcons pull it off, I'm really sick of the Patriots winning.

Ugh. I'm beyond sick, fever, chills, this sucks.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 01-24-2017, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
Ugh. Most of the Steelers forgot to show up to play. that was a rough game to watch.
It definitely was
Old 01-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
I'm really hoping the Falcons pull it off, I'm really sick of the Patriots winning.

Ugh. I'm beyond sick, fever, chills, this sucks.
Ohh, I'm sorry, Crystal. Please stay in bed, take medicine, and get rest. And get well soon. I need my co-mod.

Hi, Sam! I had to watch The Flash today and have WestAllen shoved down my throat again. I'm a comic book fan, and I can't stand her. I'm all for SnowBarry on the show.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Snowbarry wore matching clothes again!
Old 01-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Snowbarry do nothing for me romantically haha.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You were paying attention to their clothes, Arinna?

Hi, Sam! Sorry for not being here yesterday. I was feeling a little ill.

Well, I'm not really big on Iris and Barry myself. She's the one member of the cast who hardly has anything interesting to do and doesn't really fit into the team. I think the writers thought it was enough to put her on the show because she's Iris West, but then forgot to make her relevant or interesting as a character other than just being "the girlfriend." She sometimes seems like she's on a completely different show. In many ways she suffers from the same problems Laurel had on Arrow, only worse. And we're given no reason to ship her and Barry or why Barry is even in love with her other than because he grew up with her as a child under the same roof, so she's more like a sister if you think about it. Again, it's a lot like Laurel. We didn't get to see Oliver and Laurel fall in love, it's just backstory, and the relationship that we got to see develop was Oliver and Felicity, which is why that worked better. Kind of like Barry and Caitlin.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice gifs!
Old 01-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Arinna!
Old 01-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair point, still don't see anything romantic about Snowbarry. I hate Oliver and Felicity so that's probably not an great example to use haha.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That figures. I've noticed that people who don't like Olicity also don't like SnowBarry. But my whole problem with Iris is that she's not really given a reason to be there other than "because she's in the comics." Well, I'm all for sticking to the comics, but in the comics Iris is a lot different. Her job as a reporter is actually important to the story, whereas on the show I think we've seen Iris' newspaper offices maybe five times? And when has her job as a reporter ever been part of the story? And when do we ever see her there? She's always hanging around STAR Labs and not doing her job. Reporters have stories to pursue and deadlines to meet, they don't have time to hang around with the science geeks. And when Iris is at STAR Labs all she does is hang around watching Barry, Caitlin, and Cisco do all the important stuff while she sits in a chair behind a bunch of computers and equipment that she has no idea how to work. So what is she doing there, exactly?

And again, how am I supposed to care about her and Barry when there's no actual love story to watch develop? It's not boy meets girl, it's boy's been in love with girl since before the show was on the air, so we don't get to fall in love with watching two people fall in love, we get to watch one guy pine for a woman who is oblivious to him because... well, because it's in the script. I can't feel Barry's love for Iris because I didn't get to see it. And Iris just suddenly realizes she loves Barry even though she's with Eddie? It's a really boring and lazy way to set up a romance. And what's even worse is that Caitlin is the one who's actually involved with Barry's storyline at STAR Labs and has a lot of interesting stuff to do. She and Barry had great chemistry when they sang karaoke together, and she has an actual story arc separate from Barry. She's basically Felicity to his Oliver. It's like they have to force Iris with Barry, but Caitlin is just... effortless. That's how it should be. If they wanted me to want WestAllen then they should've done Iris the right way, which would've been more like Caitlin.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-27-2017 at 03:00 PM
Old 01-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hate Olicity because I felt that their brought out in the worst in each other and their drama ruined two whole seasons of Arrow. Plus I think their development sucked since Oliver showed absolutely no romantic interest in Felicity (and got annoyed when she did) for the two whole seasons and then in the first episode of season 3 he is in love with her without explaining what changed.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I hate Olicity because I felt that their brought out in the worst in each other and their drama ruined two whole seasons of Arrow. Plus I think their development sucked since Oliver showed absolutely no romantic interest in Felicity (and got annoyed when she did) for the two whole seasons and then in the first episode of season 3 he is in love with her without explaining what changed.
Well, I think that the writing overall in seasons 3 and 4 suffered, not just with Oliver and Felicity. Laurel, Thea, and Diggle all seemed to get stuck in rut during those seasons. I think it was because the creative staff was so focused on The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, and building their DC universe that they took their focus off of Arrow, and it suffered because of it. But I totally get why fans loved Olicity in seasons one and two. Their relationship was organic and fans got to watch it grow, which they didn't get with Oliver and Laurel.

We also got to see Oliver and Sara's backstory, which gave us a reason to ship them as well. They had great chemistry as Green Arrow and Black Canary, and their backstory on the island was tragic and compelling, and it filled in a lot of why they fell in love. Again, that's what I really need in a ship, which I find lacking in WestAllen and in Iris' character. She's just.... there. I hate to call her a Mary Sue character, but that's kind of how I see her, so I can't really ship her and Barry. The writers just didn't seem to know what to do with her and didn't seem to care. And they really shouldn't have teased us with so many SnowBarry scenes like in the Crazy For You and Who Is Harrison Wells? episodes.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I got bored this week from both - Arrow and The Flash.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I kind of was too, Arinna. I hope they improve.