Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
It may have been referring to Jason, but I saw some things that seemed to imply that all of the cast returning was a condition of there being a season nine, since you can't well have a story in this format without everyone. But I know that he or another writer said that they didn't know for sure if a season nine was going to happen or not, and that was just a week or two before we got confirmation, so I highly doubt that there was a finalized deal when season seven was still going on.
Not arguing by any means but I want to throw this out there.

I think what happened was there were pre-negotiations between the network and tptb at the end of s7, then Craig and company had a meeting with crew and cast to see where they stood if indeed they did have a 9th season. Maybe the majority agreed to at least began negotiation with network and the deal got approved by the beginning of season 8 but because the writers and crew were aware of the possibility of having a season 9 they started two different paths for s8, one their dream exit and two their backup. Obviously if this did happen, they had to settle for their backup to stay with their dream exit as their swansong season (s9). They just bumped it back. I've seen things like this happen.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm very able to accept them knowing by the beginning of season eight, or at least having an idea after the ratings improved in season seven. But I still highly doubt that everything was finalized while S7 was still going on. I'm willing to believe they knew before this past January.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

That IGN article is nothing but speculation. I don't believe they would spend the whole season on one weekend. That would be a disappointment. A few episodes at least.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmac1 (View Post)
That IGN article is nothing but speculation. I don't believe they would spend the whole season on one weekend. That would be a disappointment. A few episodes at least.
The longest weekend wedding ever doesn't seem to be saying definitely that it takes place in only two days for the entire season. I doubt that very much, it just may be a few episodes, which they normally dont do.

BTW where is Cobie and Neil on The Talk???

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
BTW where is Cobie and Neil on The Talk???
It seemed like it was happening but then it didn't. I'm really pissed about that cause I was hoping for this interview cause I love them together they're so much fun. Oh, well at least I got a behind the scenes of them talking about the finale.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it's really hard to do an season on one weekend the show is not 24 lol. I even have issues with alot of movies that take place in one day
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Stretching out an entire season of one weekend sounds a bit tedious. But hopefully they make it work.

If I was Teds kids I would be weirded out that he keeps going on about Aunt Robin. They really need to drop this TR thing to make Ted/mother believable.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Why one weekend? I'm sure we'll see flash backs/forwards too though..I hope! 24 episodes in a span of 3-4 days? Hmmm..And why would they let that plan out of the bag now? People are not liking that idea!

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the idea, I actually don't mind them doing this because it's something new and different from what the other seasons/series was. I'm just curious to know how they'll pull this off though.

I agree about Ted, I think the mother is way different than Robin and looks nothing like her she looks like Lily. So, the good thing is this woman is NO Robin and will become friends with her in the near future so the mother and her do get along which they have to since they
Spoiler:
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out ...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

If that's really what there going do, there going to lose so many viewers in the final season. 24 episodes taking place only over 3 days? It's not gonna work, not for this show, even if there's tons of flashbacks, it's gonna seem forced. Nobody is liking that idea, hell I don't like it. It's cute that they wanna be creative, but now is not the time for that.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
If that's really what there going do, there going to lose so many viewers in the final season. 24 episodes taking place only over 3 days? It's not gonna work, not for this show, even if there's tons of flashbacks, it's gonna seem forced. Nobody is liking that idea, hell I don't like it. It's cute that they wanna be creative, but now is not the time for that.
I just dont know why they would let the cat out of the bag now. I'd just do it and NOT warn the audience. Now people are gonna go in with a negative mindset and its hard to change that back

☆Krys ☆
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly, cause I'm totally annoyed by it... I'm sure by the time the season starts, I'll be over it but right now? Eh. Whatever. Worst idea ever to put that information out there now...specially since that damn wedding they teased about all season.... we have to wait another whole year for.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's an odd way of doing a complete season in only 3 days but they have done those types of stories before except it was in one episode. Maybe they can pull this off, I don't know about the season being completely in three days but the more I think about the more I like the idea cause it could be interesting.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Ah, whatever. All I know is September cant come fast enough.

☆Krys ☆
Reply   Post New Thread