Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~* (View Post)
Actually, I can. My mum.

Four of us were having a HIMYM-athon at my house a couple of weeks ago and I went downstairs and said "Can you hear us all laughing hysterically?" and she said "Yes." and I said "That's because it's FUNNY and we're all NORMAL and realise it!"

Oh man! That's priceless!!! But it's too bad your mum doesn't like HIMYM... how can it be, really???

My mom loves it. When my parents got me the DVD for my birthdays or Christmas, she was even more eager than me to start watching it.

And, I've been selling the show to all of my friends so badly. I've managed to make many of them hooked. I'm very proud
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

She used to watch it with me, but recently (I think since my every other sentence started beginning "Mam... Neil Patrick Harris...") she's gone off it. She said something about "it's like Friends, THEY think they're funny so it's not funny" and she called them ... something I don't remember but I was very offended!!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some people don't know the definition of funny anymore to be honest. I mean I enjoy Family Guy as much as the next guy but is that really quality comedy? No! We need more shows like HIMYM, Scrubs and the Office on TV, seriously.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Ellipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Less of The Office. But definitely more like Scrubs and HIMYM!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, you are right. I like the office but..it's not that important . Same with 30 Rock. It's a tad bit overrated..IMO. And I usually really LOVE Tina Fey .

Speaking of Scrubs, since you were the mod there Rach, we haven't changed the Intro/guide/birthday thread's introduction . You said it well enough that we just left it

Dean&Castiel

Old 03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome - I feel so loved! I must pop back sometime soon. I still love the show!

I don't like The Office or 30 Rock. I feel like I'm majorly in the minority though!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NBC just sucks. Let's just say that . They push crappy shows up to give them ratings but push the ones that are actually good to the back burner because they're idiots. Ben Silverman..urgh. The man makes my blood boil.

I like ABC and CBS. I'm sticking with these stations now

You are welcome with open arms dear

Dean&Castiel

Old 03-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Elite Fan

I think that being in England helps me feel a disconnect from some of the networks, because occasionally I'll forget which network shows what. But then obviously it gets to important times like upfronts and I get really into it! CBS is definitely my favourite, I think, for sticking with HIMYM long enough for it to grow into what it has now, with the ratings that it has now!

And ABC obviously for picking up Scrubs so that we get our ending So yeah, you're right! ABC and CBS. Not NBC or FOX

I'm undecided on the CW at the moment til I find out if some shows I like are coming back or not!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Total Fan

I'm with you on not with the CBS and ABC love I really appreciate that they let their shows grow and don't cancel them after only one year.

I'm liking the shows on CW, but I don't know... they cut Veronica Mars and I'm still mad.
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too. And lets me honest here, the shows that are the highest rated, are they truly examples for good television? Rarely. Look at Grey's Anatomy .

I don't have anything against CW. I used to like OTH but the reason I don't know is the writers, not the station. I love Supernatural still though. Going on strong after 5 seasons .

Dean&Castiel

Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

Supernatural is just going from strength to strength! It's so funny at the moment - the one with the wishes aired here last night. I loved it! Poor teddy bear!!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes! It's not even funny how much faith I have in those writers, they haven't disappointed me yet . And Dexter . The last season was so exciting.

Dean&Castiel

Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

I don't watch Dexter - I tried it, but it didn't hook me enough to keep watching. I didn't have anything particularly against it though!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Try the books, they are very good . And I'll admit it, I totally have a crush on Michael C. Hall. . But now thanks to Bill Lawrence all I think everytime I watch the show is how Dexter married his foster sister .

Dean&Castiel

Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

I've seen a lot of people on my Livejournal flist saying things about that!

I might try the books
Reply   Post New Thread