Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not going to get myself overly bent out of shape about 'couples' this gen. My world view and perspective tends to be nothing like the writers of Skins so i'm prepared this time to be disappointed. The episode had lovely elements but overall I was not left 'shipping' this pair. I hope Rich and Grace find happiness but separately. I certainly don't want episode after episode of Grace 'enlightening' Rich into some sort of relationship. If he's too much of a neanderthal to grow on his own from here he deserves to be alone. Even though we basically know at this point there won't be any same sex couples I still think Franky and Grace look quite comfortable and lovely when in the same space. It looks like something beautiful and organic could occur. Why som many want a homophobic bully to push up on Franky but continually dsmiss Grace is a bit disturbing to me. Grace and Franky could actually be wonderful. A shame that probably won't be further explored. My opinions about Grace and Rich may change but as of now....I feel little excitement about their pairing.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Old 02-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I like gen 2's portrayal of parents/adults, personally, but I do love gen 3's adults so far lol it does feel like a major change, though

Quote:
Why som many want a homophobic bully to push up on Franky but continually dsmiss Grace is a bit disturbing to me.
(probs cuz Mini like rapes Franky with her eyes whenever she's looking Franky's way. Sometimes that's enough for me to ship a couple, too so can't blame 'em. And it really is easy to read Mini's um intensity? as being closet-case related... and isn't she still a virgin or something? hmm.)

This episode didn't get me shipping Rich/Grace really, cuz... she doesn't need him. I mean the scene in the pub where he tells her she can/should stand up for herself is great and all but Grace is/was already quietly defying Mini so I don't see Rich as a force that's really particularly helping Grace do that. I don't dislike Rich/Grace but I need to see Rich be pretty cool somehow that makes me want them together
Old 02-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoemster (View Post)
lol i liked the episode so much, i didn't even notice he was missing
Me too. He's my boy but the episode really worked well for me that I wasn't really 'looking' for people. It just showed someone invisible in the social circle may just be more interesting than anyone

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernut (View Post)
This episode didn't get me shipping Rich/Grace really, cuz... she doesn't need him. I mean the scene in the pub where he tells her she can/should stand up for herself is great and all but Grace is/was already quietly defying Mini so I don't see Rich as a force that's really particularly helping Grace do that. I don't dislike Rich/Grace but I need to see Rich be pretty cool somehow that makes me want them together
I'm a crazy Rich/Grace shipper, but I agree with quite a lot of this. I don't think Grace needs Rich, and I don't really think he needs her. He needed her at that point to kick him out of the narrow-minded bubble he was in, but I feel like he'll be able to develop on his own now. However, I think the fact that they don't need each other is reason to ship them. I feel like their not needing each other, but still possibly loving each other (eventually), would make them a much more stable couple. I'd love it if they had a romantic relationship that was kind of friendship-based too, and I feel that could happen with them. I think it will be good for them to grow as friends before becoming a couple.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just in case anyone was wondering, here's the Vivaldi piece from Grace's ballet recital.

(Maybe it was just me who was having trouble finding the song, 'cause the Spotify playlist wasn't working for me- and "written in 1725" wasn't an easy clue, lol. The portion featured in the episode doesn't start til half way through)
Old 02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
However, I think the fact that they don't need each other is reason to ship them.
Oh I didn't really mean I want them to need each other in that sense, I just meant that as like positive influences on one another go, I see Grace giving more than receiving a damn thing in a relationship with Rich? Just from what we've seen so far, Grace is like...too cool for him. I can see him growing into a character who does positively lift Grace up, though, and if he does I'll prolly like them as a couple. So when I said need I really just meant "I don't see what she gets out of this, but I totally see Rich getting a lot" - which... I guess was poor wording on my part

Quote:
Just in case anyone was wondering, here's the Vivaldi piece from Grace's ballet recital.
Oh sweet! Thanks for finding that
Old 02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
New Fan

i just love everything about this season so far.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
i take it you no like, then?

this episode did make me love rich because tbh he's a dick but he knows he's being a dick and that suited him fine, for a bit until grace came along and now he's going to change himself because being a dick is not going to help him get what he wants. basically that's what i got from the episode in the general sense.

but this is where skins goes wrong sometimes. it's all about the ships and not about the enough actual interactions, platonic or otherwise.

the episode just needed more group interaction. there was wayyy to much grace (which i know was intended for shipping purposes and what not) and not enough franky, mini or even liv. the franky episode was spot on where that was concerned.

but this generation is love, i want three seasons.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i take it you no like, then?
It thought it was alright at first, just other things making me yawn

I've watched a couple of times since and it's grown on me a bit. I didn't mention Kevin first time round, who I really enjoyed - Rich actually calling him Dad for once was nicely done. There's still that Skins thing of making the parents a bit daft but he felt the right side of it.

Quote:
the episode just needed more group interaction.
Ideally but then again, it suited Rich/this ep to have it that way imo.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
Me too. He's my boy but the episode really worked well for me that I wasn't really 'looking' for people. It just showed someone invisible in the social circle may just be more interesting than anyone
idek with matty anymore.