Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Skins UK 5x02 [Rich] Episode Discussion

5X02: RICH

Writer: Jamie Brittain
Director: Philippa Langdale

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Rich - or metal Rich to give him his proper name - uses his taste in properly extreme music to keep the world, especially girls, at bay. But when bromantic buddy Alo finds Rich's perfect woman, he is forced harden the eff up and face his fears. To help him get there, he turns to Grace. Grace has to learn the ways of metal in order to impersonate a metal chick, but Rich doesn't make it easy, refusing to believe a lame-streamer could understand him. Will she crack his harden metal exterior?

Last edited by lisztomania; 03-03-2011 at 02:38 PM
Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

If there's one thing I am not at all looking forward to in this episode is the inevitable amount of mental music. Not a fan of that genre. At all.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ahh I can't believe the new episode is already here, excited now. & I'm kind of looking forward to the soundtrack, I want to see how they're going to mix it in without the music overpowering the scenes. It's kind of hard for metal to be subtle.

// The Little Prince
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can't wait for the ep! I love metal so I would'nt have a problem with the music
Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmidnightx (View Post)
If there's one thing I am not at all looking forward to in this episode is the inevitable amount of mental music. Not a fan of that genre. At all.
i'm not a fan of mental music either tbh it's retarded lol get it

loving ur avatar like yeah
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneScene (View Post)
Ahh I can't believe the new episode is already here, excited now. & I'm kind of looking forward to the soundtrack, I want to see how they're going to mix it in without the music overpowering the scenes. It's kind of hard for metal to be subtle.
Same. I'm not a fan of metal music but I'm interested to see how they use it.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm not a fan of most metal, but I adore rock music so hopefully we'll see some of that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Rich, he has the potential to be both a fail stereotype and a really rich (put not intended) interesting character. We'll see how this episode plays out.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancydressmasks (View Post)
Same. I'm not a fan of metal music but I'm interested to see how they use it.
Me too.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not particularly a fan of metal music either but I don't mind it, and I'm excited for the gig scene. It should be fun. I'm really looking forward to this ep, all the clips I've watched have been hilarious.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

I like metal music Not as much today as I did back in the day, but I still enjoy it.
I'm interested to see how the use it, especially after seeing one of the episode clips.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

A few spoilers TV - Blog - Ten teasers about Rich's 'Skins'! - Digital Spy
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Just read a couple of reviews and I'm even more excited now. Sounds like it's gonna be great.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

This isn't about the ep, but I figure it's okay to talk about gen 3 in general, since no one really uses the gen 3 thread anymore. I was browsing through Skins' facebook, and the comments are ****ing ridiculous.

"The new cast is OK so far but they haven't even had sex yet lol and only saw them do drugs 2ice...nothing on the originals."

I love that this is what some people judge the show on. I've heard A LOT of people say the same thing. Which is funny seeing as they were most likely the same people saying Gen 2 was too unrealistic, yet when they make Gen 3 a lot more realistic (in my opinion) everyone moans that there's not enough sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. I mean, is that the only reason they watch it? Really? Insert rolling eyes smiley here....

On another note, I cannot wait for tonight's ep. Counting down the hours (six!). I love this gen also, I feel like they could easily become my favourites. I find them more relatable than previous gens, and as I said, I think it's a lot more realistic. I think the writing is much better than it was, and the humour is brilliant.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Addicted Fan

lol yeah, some of the comments are ridiculous. 'That was fock*ng s h * t, where da hotties at?' is a common one.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
lol yeah, some of the comments are ridiculous. 'That was fock*ng s h * t, where da hotties at?' is a common one.

Quote:
On another note, I cannot wait for tonight's ep. Counting down the hours (six!). I love this gen also, I feel like they could easily become my favourites. I find them more relatable than previous gens, and as I said, I think it's a lot more realistic. I think the writing is much better than it was, and the humour is brilliant.
I completely agree. I hope they can keep it up. I'm so looking forward to the episode tonight after reading reviews (not to mention Mini's preview at the end!). I can't wait.