Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm here!

Now that people have gotten over the initial shock I think we are all gobsmacked!

Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. -- Into The Wild
Old 07-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I'm still reeling, tbh. It doesn't seem real. I just can't believe they did that. I keep saying that over and over again but it's true. Gobsmacked indeed.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Extreme Fan

it's just so horrible and disgusting
Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It's weird because they threw in the cancer line to get some feels and of course we all got worked up accordingly because well Naomi is DYING but they treat it like it's no big. Hey, Effy...thank you for finally bringing my girlfriend to me for a cuddle before I leave on this trip. BTW, and have you seen my Mom or any of my other friends? Bristol friends? Uni friends? Oh well, I guess they can say goodbye or come see me when I return from NEVER.
LOL, I cannot get enough angry with this "storyline". I cannot. Seriously how ridic is all this when you put it down like that in just a few lines? Because that's exactly what happened in Fire

Quote:
Yo serious question what the hell is up with this "Its Skins *shrug*" line of thinking some people are adapting? I just scratch my head when it's fans who say this sht but when it comes from the people involved with the show I start to get a little ticked off. It makes me think that they say such dumb things to each other when coming up with new storylines/trying to justify what they're reading during the readthrough/in the middle of filming. Like, these people have really lost sight of what their show is about haven't they?
"It's Skins". The kind of argument to always take out of the trunk and your are trying to justify crap. Please, go watch the show again, can you?

Quote:
it was a bit like what S3/4 naomi would have done. sure naomi did it out of love but it's a HUGE betrayal. it's really not ok to do such a thing. imo at least.
And this is when you wonder: what are you doing Effy? I don't get why she didn't do anything in regards to calling Emily till the last minute. See, that would've added real drama to the Naomi/Effy friendship storyline, because it would'nt have been just a betrayal from Effy to Naomi but in the end something that would've meant Effy fixing things and getting her redemption. Despite being iniatilly pissed, Naomi would've appreciated Effy's gesture because she can't not to.

"It's a love story about a girl who doesn't want to be in love". Jack Thorne

Last edited by Buckbeak; 07-13-2013 at 12:57 PM
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Extreme Fan

wait until they try to promote the dvd's to us

even if it has 2 hrs of LK special features i'll wait until someone uploads it or i'll buy it secondhand for 98 cents or something. they will not make a dime off of me with this
Old 07-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Passionate Fan

pffft! I don't even care for any LK special features. I've never been a fan tbh. I've always gotten a vibe from them, and not a nice one, but either way I was thankful to them for naomily. But now... thanks but not thanks, I've completely lost respect for both.

Its ironic that I was planning to buy s03 & s04 from iTunes in HD because I wanted them without the water mark from E4 on the corner. I was also planning to order s03&s04 from amazon or ebay for memorabilia purposes. & I was also planning to buy these last two eps from the iTunes store. Ha! I just saved a whole bunch of money. Joke's on them
Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was waiting for the complete box set with the seven season to come out, but not anymore, even with those LK features. This doesn't change my fondness of LK, though, but yeah not money for the franchise and family of doom.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbeak (View Post)
family of doom.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenThirteen1121 (View Post)
At least she found something that she was really good at.
*snort*

Remember when the mere thought of Naomily would fill your heart with such warmth? And now it's just black and hollow?

Seriously can't wait to not feel so cynical and negative.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Once upon a time....

Btw... I was looking at the the ratings:

SkinsFire part 1 had about 783,000 viewers
&
SkinsFire part 2 had about 446,000 viewers

Almost half the viewers
Old 07-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Almost half the viewers
No wonder why Let's see how there ratings go with Pure and Rise. Maybe there is asome surprise, but I wouldn't count on it.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2angel12 (View Post)
pffft! I don't even care for any LK special features. I've never been a fan tbh. I've always gotten a vibe from them, and not a nice one, but either way I was thankful to them for naomily. But now... thanks but not thanks, I've completely lost respect for both.
I don't care for actors outside of their roles either, generally.

Quote:
...I was also planning to buy these last two eps from the iTunes store. Ha! I just saved a whole bunch of money. Joke's on them
Me too.

I already have s1-4 dvd sets. I only wanted the N/E bits but bought the complete series (at the time) to show appreciation to the production team.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rophy wrote a fantastic recap of 701. They've touched on the reason why it was unappealing to me and decided to skip it in the first place; the Naomi in the trailer and how she was described is not a character I recognized. I am not a fan of this unambitious lazy stoner character.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a block party in my street and the bouncy castle is set-up in front of my house.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

I've tried to be over the ****ery that was Skins: Fire, but I keep going over it in my head and getting continuously pissed off about it. I hate the writers for being such worthless ****ing *******s and I hate myself for actually looking forward to Fire for 3.5 ****ing years. I hate that I trusted TPTB to do the right thing. I hate that I can't think of Naomily without thinking of Fire and how it has forever ****ed up my perception of them. I ****ing hate how, as much as I want to forget it, I will always know it happened and it can never ****ing be undone. SMH.

/rant
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

Why lose respect for people that are just there to do their job?

I probably won't be here for a few days.

Last edited by emzandnaomifan; 07-14-2013 at 05:36 AM
Old 07-14-2013, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzandnaomifan (View Post)
Why lose respect for people that are just there to do their job?
Because in Lily and Kat's case they weren't just doing their job. It wasn't their job anymore. They were under no obligation to do this storyline, they had no contractual ties to Skins. So if they did gladly come back to disrespect their characters and the viewers then I automatically lose respect for them It's starting to look like they knew exactly how this would end. And I can't believe they did this. It's all so cruel. That is not loving your characters, Naomily or their fans like they've claimed. I have my cynical thoughts on why they and Skins they did it and I hope I'm wrong because if I'm right then.....

Yes, I've been AWOL for the last two days. In fact I haven't been online at all for two days. I needed a break and I didn't have anything to say that didn't start and end with 'f u c k you, Skins'

I don't really have that much to say still other than I had some thoughts on how the whole thing played out after Fire and ended and I read about Skins trying to get us to buy the DVD Good luck with that, fckers. Your DVD sales are going to tank like last week ratings apparently did. Are those ratings real? I have been avoiding everything Skins so I have no idea what has been going on.

This whole thing was one big fckery. So as for Jess, JB, BE, Lily, Kat, the producers, the production companies and any Skins alumni who praised, supported or pimped Skins Fire, I would personally and gladly shove the S1-7 dvd boxset up their asses. Sideways. Dakota is obviously still butthurt that Franky was never as popular as Naomi/Emily so is rubbing it in. Stupid bint. Skins fcked us over. There is no other way to describe what they did. It was a betrayal of the viewers and especially of the LGBT community. They cared more about their ego's and shock value than they did about what was best for the characters, storyline and viewers. That is unforgivable. Skins is nothing without those things. I am still utterly disgusted with them and I don't think I'll ever stop being TBH. The worst betrayal by a TV show I have ever seen.

I'll share my thoughts what came next in another post as it's a long and probably somewhat boring thought process

Last edited by Skinsfan; 07-14-2013 at 06:25 AM