Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
Random post to get off first page lol
Wish granted!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Seriously, looking at the OP is ****ing brutal. Just **** you Skins.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Someone clocked the scenes where N/E had conversations, minus the Skype, they talked to each other for the total of 21 seconds.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithoftheheart (View Post)
Someone clocked the scenes where N/E had conversations, minus the Skype, they talked to each other for the total of 21 seconds.
Wow.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Also and

Going by the stills and the episode, I'm pretty sure there are at least 2 scenes shortened/cut. The first one taking place probably before the dinner scene with Naomily, Effy, NotFreddie and I think when Emily surprise visits because that was just edited weird from Naomily on the couch to the next scene.

Last edited by November <3 Rain; 07-11-2013 at 06:32 PM
Old 07-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Remember the tweet pic before L/K started shooting together where they were holding up their scripts for pt2 over the bottom half of their faces? KP's part is probably written on a piece of 3x4 index paper.
Still, I think she has longer appearance in here than between s4x5 to s4x8.

Last edited by faithoftheheart; 07-11-2013 at 07:15 PM
Old 07-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Seriously, looking at the OP is ****ing brutal. Just **** you Skins.
I know. I hate that seeing them breaks my heart now.

Still angry. I hate that whole "lesbians die too" justification. YEAH WE KNOW. We've seen it over and over and over again. You want to be innovative and edgy? Give us a happy ending for once. Or better yet just leave is with the one we had.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oooookay, Skins. Nice.

I was just talking to a friend about how every time I think, this is it, this is the most offended I can feel about Skins, it can't go any further.... nope. It has become comical, all of this. Absurd.

I only wish I could get the images of Emily from the end of the episode out of my head. If Kat hadn't played it so well, I could disregard everything. The Skins team didn't earn these emotions. They don't deserve them.

Dammit, Kat!

Jess blocked me on Twitter, and I didn't even attack her. Is she blocking literally every single person who is critical about Skins right now? So, like, everyone except for 10 people on all of Twitter?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

I haven't watched the episode and never plan on it, but I just saw a gif of the their final scene. And now I can't get the image out of my head
Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Remember the tweet pic before L/K started shooting together where they were holding up their scripts for pt2 over the bottom half of their faces? KP's part is probably written on a piece of 3x4 index paper.
Still, I think she has longer appearance in here than between s4x5 to s4x8.
To be fair, s4x5 had no Naomily and in s4x8 I'm never forgetting that Mandeh spoke more than Emileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaikaSpaceDog (View Post)
Oooookay, Skins. Nice.

I was just talking to a friend about how every time I think, this is it, this is the most offended I can feel about Skins, it can't go any further.... nope. It has become comical, all of this. Absurd.

I only wish I could get the images of Emily from the end of the episode out of my head. If Kat hadn't played it so well, I could disregard everything. The Skins team didn't earn these emotions. They don't deserve them.

Dammit, Kat!

Jess blocked me on Twitter, and I didn't even attack her. Is she blocking literally every single person who is critical about Skins right now? So, like, everyone except for 10 people on all of Twitter?
It's especially more funny if you haven't tweeted her and she just blocked you or even better is if you didn't tweet her and wrote stuff somewhere else and she took the effort to find where and then block you because of that

Quote:
I haven't watched the episode and never plan on it, but I just saw a gif of the their final scene. And now I can't get the image out of my head
I watched it while stupidly hoping for one more time jump so that wouldn't be their final scene together. I've managed to HAPPENED BUT DIDN'T HAPPEN but that image is still there

Last edited by November <3 Rain; 07-11-2013 at 07:59 PM
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't watched the episodes either, and have no intention as well. And I also don't go on tumblr so I'm pretty much safe. Plus. I'm very good at ignoring stupid things I do not like.

I was only really angry about the way Skins people did everything they can to bait the N/E fans to watch that piece of crap.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I completely understand blocking the crazies who send death threats or send 20 tweets in a row that are just all caps swearing. That's too much and as mad as I am about Fire, death threats are waaaaaay over the line. But these guys have consistently failed at taking any kind of criticism at all, no matter how politely stated, no matter how much thought or care is put into it, etc etc etc. I've never seen it with any other show writers, at least not that I'm aware of. Not to this extent. Belittling fans who are upset by a storyline that VERY CLEARLY WAS GOING TO UPSET A LOT OF PEOPLE. I mean, my god. Come on.

Someone posted this many threads ago, but I want it posted again and again.

Jamie Brittain in an AE interview, 2010, about Freddie's death:
"But there’s another way of looking at it, which is that some people didn’t like it. Some people thought it was just crap. And I have to listen to that. If I don’t, what am I? An arrogant arsehole convinced he’s a genius and that everyone else is an idiot."

"Skins" boss Jamie Brittain talks generation three, Katie Fitch action figures, and why he loves Naomily - Page 3 of 4 - AfterEllen.com

(I can't with that interview in general. Hoo boy.)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
She could say Naomi went on to miraculously survive or that she could have done. But Jess won't even say that much. That would at least fix some of this and people would take that as a happy ending. Instead she just stands by her bleakness. Even when she doesn't have to. It's just arrogance because she wants the story her way only.
yeah she could have easily gone like "it's open for interpretation. love can overcome anything..."
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm never forgetting that Mandeh spoke more than Emileh
Mandeh was my fave character

it's weird Jess hasn't already blocked me. I basically called her satan
Old 07-12-2013, 03:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Indigo Grove ‏@indigos__

@suzannebleu I've rationalized #Skins Fire as Effy's delusions during her stay in a mental asylum. Everything makes sense that way!
That was posted in the last thread but I just wanted to say that while watching Fire I honestly thought this was where it was all leading and that episode 2 would end with Naomi & Emily visiting a catatonic Effy. I don't use twitter so not really seen the comments but I am so glad I was not the only one who thought that.

In my head the terminal cancer diagnosis was just a ploy to get rid of Effy once and for all. Naomi came up with the plan to fake it and Emily went along with it because she was promised that she could bitchslap Effy. To be honest if I had to put up with the idea of living with the self-involved Effy after I had been through cancer I would think about doing the same. That actually sounds so bad now that I've written it down .