Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the transcript
Definitely the best(and worst, for other reasons) scene of the episode.

Even though I saw it coming, it still really sucks. I miss Grace.
At least I can take comfort in the fact that Hardlet remained strong til the end. No cheating, no lying, no radical character changes.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Absolute Fan

That is officially the saddest episode of Skins I've ever seen. Still can't believe it really happened. Waiting for someone to say, 'Just kidding. The world inside Rich's head is actually real.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace-v (View Post)
Our title causes me physical pain. Literally, it feels like someone's continuously stabbing me in the chest.
Everything I see relating to hardlet is making me want to do this. My icon included.

I want to watch the episode again, even though I know I'm going to hate myself afterwards. I obviously just want to put myself through pain.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Rachel

I don't even know what to say, really! The episode was beautiful and this storyline is freaking unrealistic but also painfully realistic because life can be taken away from your teen friends in a moment and you don't know how to cope with it, but it's just unfair that they did this to Grace's character.

And so far this season has been predictable in any possible way and heartbreaking (but not in good way tbh) and it's only two episodes. Gah I don't know what to say.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Absolute Fan

i still don't really know what to say. I don't think I'll get over it really. Got to say I'm actually... glad(?) that it happened at the start of the series, because it means the series doesn't end with a death... but they shouldn't have killed her off. just shouldn't have.
And this death is SO much more realistic than Freddie's death imo.

I just want to just curl up in a hole right now and not come out for days. Thank god i've got this thread, none of my friends watch skins.

Ghost!Grace - well at least we still get to see her pretty face.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
i still don't really know what to say. I don't think I'll get over it really. Got to say I'm actually... glad(?) that it happened at the start of the series, because it means the series doesn't end with a death... but they shouldn't have killed her off. just shouldn't have.
And this death is SO much more realistic than Freddie's death imo.

I just want to just curl up in a hole right now and not come out for days. Thank god i've got this thread, none of my friends watch skins.

Ghost!Grace - well at least we still get to see her pretty face.
I was wondering how you were going to handle this.

I do have to say this. I am glad this happened compared to some other worries I had. They respected Rich and they respected Grace. Most importantly they respected their connection and their relationship.

The more I think of it. Is that Grace was guiding him to acceptance. The things she taught her him and the changes that he has done because of her. I think was guiding him. Because that last scene with Blood. He was strong. He said "she loved me.." I think that says something.

I am curious for Rich and hope he stays strong. Finds happiness. Grace would want that!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

I was reading through your posts on here and tumblr, Megan, and I totally agree with basically (or maybe everything) you've been saying.
I think she was trying to get him to accept it and guiding him too, and that's what makes it so much more heartbreaking. She wanted to make sure he knew all this and he did in the end. I feel like crying again while typing this... such a mess rn.
I love the fact that they didn't actually mess us around with their relationship, we never doubted the fact that they loved each other. I just hope that it doesn't get forgotten in future episodes for Rich... I don't see how it could though with 'she's the love of my life.' *tears coming again*

Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I was reading through your posts on here and tumblr, Megan, and I totally agree with basically (or maybe everything) you've been saying.
I think she was trying to get him to accept it and guiding him too, and that's what makes it so much more heartbreaking. She wanted to make sure he knew all this and he did in the end. I feel like crying again while typing this... such a mess rn.
I love the fact that they didn't actually mess us around with their relationship, we never doubted the fact that they loved each other. I just hope that it doesn't get forgotten in future episodes for Rich... I don't see how it could though with 'she's the love of my life.' *tears coming again*

I am trying to make myself happy by staying positive and trying to see the beauty of it. I know it sounds so horribly corny. But it's like trying to channel Grace! Corny.

But yeah I haven't cried this hard in a long time. Horrible.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODMegan (View Post)

I am trying to make myself happy by staying positive and trying to see the beauty of it. I know it sounds so horribly corny. But it's like trying to channel Grace! Corny.

Understandable.
I like that you're remaining positive. It really helps after such a depressing episode. Lol.

BTW after all the begging, We FINALLY get a Hardlet love scene and it's not even real. :lol But it was a beautiful scene, nonetheless. Heartbreaking how much Rich loves and cares for Grace.

ETA: Whether it's Ghost!Grace or Hallucination!Grace, at least we'll get to see Jessica again.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailamicorazon (View Post)
Understandable.
I like that you're remaining positive. It really helps after such a depressing episode. Lol.

BTW after all the begging, We FINALLY get a Hardlet love scene and it's not even real. :lol But it was a beautiful scene, nonetheless. Heartbreaking how much Rich loves and cares for Grace.

ETA: Whether it's Ghost!Grace or Hallucination!Grace, at least we'll get to see Jessica again.
The sex may not have been real, but the feelings were. I think that's pretty good. I will take it. It was hot too.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Absolute Fan

still drowning in tears of depression, but yeah i'll get around to making myself happy at some point today

Quote:
and the problem was the tears kept flowing. Just when I thought they had stopped, they would start up again.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The sex may not have been real, but the feelings were. I think that's pretty good. I will take it. It was hot too.

And God knows they've had sex plenty of other times! I'll just take it as a collective representation.

My download will be done in ten minutes. I'm scared to finally watch it
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailamicorazon (View Post)
to quote the great dumbledore:

"Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"
it was the single most beautiful sex scene Skins has done imo.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 PM
New Fan

Hi guys, I don't usually post but did you see Neil Duncan's tweet?
"n_duncs neil duncan
i will say only this... skins doesn't do hallucinations or fantasy sequences (e.g. ghosts). right, bedtime..."
what do you think he means?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
to quote the great dumbledore:

"Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"
it was the single most beautiful sex scene Skins has done imo.
Quoted for truth.

Even in death, Hardlet remains flawless. <3
Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqchip (View Post)
Hi guys, I don't usually post but did you see Neil Duncan's tweet?
"n_duncs neil duncan
i will say only this... skins doesn't do hallucinations or fantasy sequences (e.g. ghosts). right, bedtime..."
what do you think he means?
huh wtf? now i'm even more confused.

wait... who is neil duncan?