Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Hey, not that I don't agree with you, but why are you dumping on American shows?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They can be too sugar coated
Old 09-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

That's because Americans pretend to be prudes

Old 09-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Which I never understood tbh
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, we're really weird when it comes to sex, that's why girls have babies at 16 because we have no sex education and then we blame them for being ****ty.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, it's like that everywhere. And I don't think education would have helped much, because teens are rebellious Everyone knows they should have safe sex, but no one can be bothered to actually have it
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Especially teen boys

Old 09-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd say both
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Touché. And I feel like technology makes it so much easier as well

Old 09-04-2014, 07:45 PM
New Fan

just a question i've been wondering about since i rewatched the 3rd and 4th series again (because let's face it, they are the best skins series!):

why was effy so visibly upset when she found out cook shagged pandora after her birthday party?

i think there had been one or two freffy moments (those little freffy gazes/stares, her being excited when he showed up to panda's party to get jj and her sadness when he left angry at her) up until this happened that hinted that she had a hidden preference for freds over cook, over which she was in denial about/trying to ignore, but why would she care so much about cook and pandora?

was she just being selfish here? she is tony's sister after all, despite how much we all love her. lol

i find it hard to believe that someone as clever and intelligent as effy is made out to be would be naive enough to believe a guy like cook would be exclusive only to her though.

was she jealous of pandora? i find this unlikely because although pandora is great in her own chidlishly endearing goofy way... let's face it effy is the queen bee of the skins universe. no one competes with her.

maybe she wanted to set up pandora with someone else? since they didn't know thomas was coming back? who knows.

or... was she in fact, still considering her romantic options up to this point (between cook and freds) and this is what ultimately completely turned her off cook? she realized that pandora was right and there was no future for her with someone "who didn't belong to anyone"? so maybe she was naive or knowing effy, over confident enough to think she could salvage something with cook and change him to be only with her?

what i think this hints at is that effy's relationship with cook wasn't just a simple/casual "we just shag occasionally" thing with no feelings involved for her, maybe at some point in the beginning, although only temporarily and only for a very small bit of time she might have started to feel something for him and then this happened and she reconsidered and of course moved towards a serious relationship with freds and ultimately kept a friendship with cook.

that's the only way i can explain her reaction.

either that or she felt betrayed that pandora would move on her man? then again if her and cook were just casual, why would she care?

ugh im going around in circles now. lol

what are your thoughts?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don think she had feelings for Cook at this point, she just didn't like to share. Effy wanted to be exclusive, whether it was just a casual fck or not. Especially not with Pandora, who I think she never really took seriously to begin with. I think it was something like"This simpleton slept with the guy I sleep with? Wow can't believe it" Don't forget, Effy had a superiority complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
Touché. And I feel like technology makes it so much easier as well
What exactly you're referring to?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

I was talking about sexting

Basically I think that Effy is only friends with Panda because she knows she's socially superior to her. She isn't threatening. She can be easily controlled. For that reason, she also thinks she can trust her because she can anticipate and control everything that she does. To discover that Panda is not only opportunistic enough to impulsively sleep with someone without Effy knowing about it, but also adding on the fact that it's Effy's guy and Panda doesn't seem to care, I think that really catches Effy off guard. Frankly, I think the reason she gets so upset is because she realizes that she underestimated Panda and actually sees a lot of herself in her.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM
New Fan

top comments guys... loved reading your thoughts on that. thanks!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No prob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
I was talking about sexting

Basically I think that Effy is only friends with Panda because she knows she's socially superior to her. She isn't threatening. She can be easily controlled. For that reason, she also thinks she can trust her because she can anticipate and control everything that she does. To discover that Panda is not only opportunistic enough to impulsively sleep with someone without Effy knowing about it, but also adding on the fact that it's Effy's guy and Panda doesn't seem to care, I think that really catches Effy off guard. Frankly, I think the reason she gets so upset is because she realizes that she underestimated Panda and actually sees a lot of herself in her.
Oh I've always found it rather ridiculous

I agree Btw, Effy definitely had a type when it came to "friends" Remember Julie? She was basically Panda #2 Oh, I've just realized... another Tony parallel. They both preferred underdogs, that are easily manipulated and influenced.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, actually I don't understand why they couldn't have just brought Julie back as a character. I mean, don't get me wrong I love Lisa, but it was literally the exact same character.

If you think about it, Panda really is just a female Sid, albeit less pathetic and depressing.