Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Damn I got emotional, tearing up. That was amazing and shocking. I can't believe it's over.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Just when you think Skins cannot reach a higher level of pretension JB goes ahead and surpasses John Green in that regard

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
using freddie as the person telling him to run in his dream would've been effective
THIS. All I could think in that scene was how it should have been Freddie, not some random guy.

I preferred Part I. This one was the classic JB style, OVER THE TOP. I felt like nothing really happened except snow, forests and horrible deaths. Seeing Emma - she was a lovely guest star for once - hanging there for no purpose other than being edgy was really too much for my stomach and my nerves, it was there with the ending 4x07. Overall, Rise is still the best episode out of the 3 but this series was so mediocre and over the top, it's a shame Skins must end up like this
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 AM
New Fan

I've been thinking about Rise (because it beats thinking of real life issues) and suddenly realised the one thing that could have made this just a smudge bit better. No, I don't mean a visit from Effy.

I think I would have prefered it if Cook was running from his past only, and not from the police. Though we know he killed 'someone' and felt nothing from the act we still have no clue if poor Fredster was ever found and if he was, did they try to pin it on Cook? I would have rather had Cook running away from his past even though it was classed as self-defense. Heck, they could have even made up some fairytale scenario of how he got out of the other charges without imprisonment. But having him running from the police? What was the point unless he pulled a Matty and handed himself in.

Now that is what I would have prefered. Matty & Cook: The Prison Years.
But yes, that dream sequence was totally a way to kick the Freddie/Frook fans in the pants because it did look like they were going there for a few seconds.

Last edited by Gothic Musical; 08-06-2013 at 07:30 AM Reason: Added more whinging about Freddie
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

I would have much preferred for Cook to go the Matty route (and Effy now, right?) and hand himself in. He walked away in the sunset but we'll never really know what happened and will happen to him, yay.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 08-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well thank goodness that is over. Just a thorough failure.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

This episode has been the greatest piece of **** of tv writing I have ever seen.
And I was actually eager to watch it because part 1 was promising to me.

Quote:
ridiculous. more people dying for the sake of character development and cliche endings.

the dramatic voice overs and cook acting so mature, trying to do the right thing (yeah, okay, i think you missed the turn around the time you involved your innocent gf and her parents in this mess that consequently got them killed -- please, make sure to cheat on her as many times as possible before all this goes down though). jb was really fapping to his own writing in this one.. when is he not? but i mean, this was multiple fap sessions.

there should've been a freddie mention. this was all about dealing with the past and cook's most traumatic life turning event, but they can't even acknowledge why he had murdered someone in the past. again, i think this was for more dramatic effect and ~mystery, but it just came off frustrating for those of us who do know the story and what freddie meant to him. the only throwaway references we get are "I'M COOK" and a very breif police flashback in the first ep. using freddie as the person telling him to run in his dream would've been effective or having an ending where cook ends up, oh i dont know, actually dealing with the death of his friend and the fact that he killed someone. but it doesn't feel like that. it's just more dramatic voiceovers and cook walking off into the middle of nowhere. lol?
All the awards to this comment.

Icon
Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Some unrealistic features here, How does Louis even kidnap Emma so silently? Unless she gets up for whatever reason and he grabs her outside. Also, did he kill his bodyguard? I could have sworn i heard 3 shots and his bodyguard wasn't with him at the end....Also Emma>Charlie, just getting that out there!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

I thought the entire episode was unrealistic, just saying. I don't know how JOC could pull out with that ****.

Icon
Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

(Disclaimer: still haven't watched Pure or Rise. This post is based on what everyone else is saying.)

I somehow wonder if 50% of the mediocrity could have been avoided if these weren't meant to "stand alone." I am pretty perplexed by that decision -- no one's walking into Skins for the first time with S7. I can say with ease, in fact, that 99% of folks who watched were likely fans who have been around for two years or more. The rest, I'm sure, were at least watching with a fan who could explain things.

I mean, every atrocity that seemed to have happened in these specials still would have happened, no doubt. But we would have had some sense of closure, at least.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

This is the issue I have with these episodes and the entire series. There's no point to it. Cook started it as still on the run not dealing with Freddie or Foster or anything. End of the episode he still is. Was I supposed to be excited that he can beat people up still and make weird voiceovers?
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOx (View Post)
(Disclaimer: still haven't watched Pure or Rise. This post is based on what everyone else is saying.)

I somehow wonder if 50% of the mediocrity could have been avoided if these weren't meant to "stand alone." I am pretty perplexed by that decision -- no one's walking into Skins for the first time with S7. I can say with ease, in fact, that 99% of folks who watched were likely fans who have been around for two years or more. The rest, I'm sure, were at least watching with a fan who could explain things.

I mean, every atrocity that seemed to have happened in these specials still would have happened, no doubt. But we would have had some sense of closure, at least.
Skip this series. All 3 specials have no points. You'd be better off pretending the show ended at Series 6.

I feel you, Cook winded up in the same place he started without any real point. Shame because I'll now, as much as I love Skins, will always remember it as a show full of wasted potential. What an awful note to go out on. Although it could've been worse, we could've had Fire air last and have higher expectations.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Has anyone pointed out this allusion yet:

Ems- the girl that dies in the second part of cook's episode is a lookalike of naomi

Hence naomi is the one who died in the earlier celebratory episode but the character is named ems which is an allusion to emily, which means naomily is officially dead (or alluded to anyway)
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
Has anyone pointed out this allusion yet:

Ems- the girl that dies in the second part of cook's episode is a lookalike of naomi

Hence naomi is the one who died in the earlier celebratory episode but the character is named ems which is an allusion to emily, which means naomily is officially dead (or alluded to anyway)
That's interesting! I would've never even noticed.

They did say all three specials were connected in some way.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm in the minority but I actually liked the episode. It's interesting to see how most people were rather underwhelmed by it. It didn't bring anything important into our lives, but it was the most interesting out of the three stories (OK, I didn't watch Pure but I assumed that Cassie was so boring and pointless that it would be a waste of time). And it was nice to see Cook again. I liked it because his story, unlike Effy's, obviously had a connection with his past, I'd like them to talk more about Freddie though. I think this episode was very tense, sometimes a bit predictable, but I liked it and I think it was a good idea to end Skins with this story out of the three.