Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
New Fan

Is it wrong of me to want Doug to randomly pop in for a cameo as the "familiar face" we've been told is going to appear? Lol, didn't he say something about wanting to take up snowboarding in S6? Just imagine, Cook et al hiding out in Doug's cabin in the middle of a snowstorm, having a bit of tea and hearing about all Doug's recent exploits. And it would be the best bit of S7.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:08 PM
New Fan

****ing hell that was emotional!!! Not the best but still worth watching with some really good bits, as well as a few rushed and odd bits. Think cook is now my all time fav, what a legend joc is, only Chris and Tony could come close to cook Olin terms of importance, but now its cook all the way.

great finale

I'm cook!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

So... is he still alive?
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yup. These episodes were such a waste of time. None of the questions people had were really answered. Cook's girlfriend person died, he didn't kill the evil drug dealer and left on his own. So basically he's back to square one. Uh, okay?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 PM
New Fan

Now way was RISE a waste of time. Cook wad epic
Old 08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Saw the last 10 minutes and thought it was a waste of time tbh. Nice snow shots tho.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

ridiculous. more people dying for the sake of character development and cliche endings.

the dramatic voice overs and cook acting so mature, trying to do the right thing (yeah, okay, i think you missed the turn around the time you involved your innocent gf and her parents in this mess that consequently got them killed -- please, make sure to cheat on her as many times as possible before all this goes down though). jb was really fapping to his own writing in this one.. when is he not? but i mean, this was multiple fap sessions.

there should've been a freddie mention. this was all about dealing with the past and cook's most traumatic life turning event, but they can't even acknowledge why he had murdered someone in the past. again, i think this was for more dramatic effect and ~mystery, but it just came off frustrating for those of us who do know the story and what freddie meant to him. the only throwaway references we get are "I'M COOK" and a very breif police flashback in the first ep. using freddie as the person telling him to run in his dream would've been effective or having an ending where cook ends up, oh i dont know, actually dealing with the death of his friend and the fact that he killed someone. but it doesn't feel like that. it's just more dramatic voiceovers and cook walking off into the middle of nowhere. lol?

peace out, skins. when you were good, you were really good. when you were ****ty, you were really ****ty; and lets face it, we haven't seen the good in this series for years. it's past time we closed the book on it.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

two felons and a model... WTF?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Rise was the best out of the three but I agree, we should've gotten mentions about Freddie or a cameo by Luke. The Frook Bromance deserved some sort of closure. But besides that the cinematography was awesome and JOC did an amazing performance with what he was given.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 PM
New Fan

That was so mind-numbingly stupid. I don't really even have words.

I pretty much lost it at: Manly Cook trumps through the snowy woodland to the sound of urban hip hop. Wut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsponge (View Post)
jb was really fapping to his own writing in this one.. when is he not? but i mean, this was multiple fap sessions.
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking the entire time. Although your entire review was spot on, particularly about how Freddie should have been in the dream sequence. Such a wasted opportunity...like the rest of this season.

Fare thee well, Season 7, and SKINS. I loved what you did well. Sad to see things end like this, but what's done is done.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

I def liked part one better... but I can't lie, I let out a gleeful squeak with, "I'm ****ing Cook. I'm ****ing Cook. Say it!"

Other random thing that stood out to me in this ep (not sure why) - we've seen Cook with a lot of girls during his series, but I think that scene at the beginning of this ep was the first time we've seen Cook sort of 'make love' to someone. I found that interesting.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 AM
New Fan

Did anyone feel that the dream sequence with that random extra from part 1 was just put in there is give the middle finger to any fans of Freddie? Because that would have been the perfect opportunity for a Freddie moment (that actually made sense) but no, we get random extra who no one actually cared about. I was half expecting a fantasy ending where Effy & Cook meet again and end up ******** on the graves of Freddie & Naomi, while Emily gets married to a man (probably JJ) in a nearby church. Ya know, just so they can piss off every fan of the Gen2 fandom .

And that middle finger sums up just what Season 7 was.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Musical (View Post)
Did anyone feel that the dream sequence with that random extra from part 1 was just put in there is give the middle finger to any fans of Freddie? Because that would have been the perfect opportunity for a Freddie moment (that actually made sense) but no, we get random extra who no one actually cared about. I was half expecting a fantasy ending where Effy & Cook meet again and end up ******** on the graves of Freddie & Naomi, while Emily gets married to a man (probably JJ) in a nearby church. Ya know, just so they can piss off every fan of the Gen2 fandom .

And that middle finger sums up just what Season 7 was.
ABSOLUTELY. wtf was that? like who the f cares about jay(?)?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramatical (View Post)
I pretty much lost it at: Manly Cook trumps through the snowy woodland to the sound of urban hip hop. Wut.
LMAO you pretty much sumed up the episode.

It felt to me more like an Effy episode because hers are always creepy and weird. Also Louis reminded me of Josh.
It still was better than Fire and Pure though.
And what's up with those scenes with the girls ? Like, he's got a magic co ck that calms everyone and the writers wanted to show it ?
It’s us against the world.

Last edited by Raiponce; 08-06-2013 at 05:31 AM