Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Ugh, I was hoping they would close the deal soon, 'cause this article said they were in advanced negotiations.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbereth (View Post)
Ugh, I was hoping they would close the deal soon, 'cause this article said they were in advanced negotiations.
I mean, I WILL see this movie even if it doesn't make it to the US.

I'd just rather see it in theatres.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I'm a theatre girl myself, so I'm hoping it will be shown in my country. But I'm cheering for the US distribution just because I want it to be as successful as possible.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe Mexico will get it, I saw 100 Feet in the theater and none of you did.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

For one time Greece is ahead of the US? Excuse me while I gloat /bitter European
Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm happy for you, like in a "I'm not being sarcastic" kind of way. lol
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

You guys at least have some sort of hope. I have zero hope for Jane + Chalet Girl + theaters here in Brazil.
make it shine
Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbereth (View Post)
I saw that article, too, but it still hasn't happened yet. Hopefully it will soon!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jane + Chalet Girl + theaters here in Brazil
I ship this!
We're holding on and letting go || Tony DiNozzo & Ziva David
Ch♔ir / Delena / Densi / Caskett / ES / BROtp / Spuffy / JH ♪ Beth
Old 02-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want it in every city of the world.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This week = CG stuff!
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Chalet Girl Film Review

Sometimes a film comes along and despite all its flaws is so much fun and so appealing that you can’t help but enjoy it. Chalet Girl, essentially Blue Crush On Ice, is one such guilty pleasure, especially if you’ve ever spent any time in the mountains. Snow, snowboarders, apres ski, hot chocolate mit schlag – what’s not to like?

Kim (Jones) was a promising skateboard champion until an accident put her off; now she’s working in a takeaway and struggling to keep the homefires burning while her depressed dad (Bailey) lets the bills mount up. Desperate to earn more money she registers with a catering agency, but with no silver service experience and the wrong accent, she doesn’t hold out much hope. But then she is offered a job as a chalet girl in Austria, working for the wealthy Madsen family. Arriving in St Anton, Kim is like a fish out of water; Georgie (Egerton), her glamorous co-worker, is horrified by her new room-mate, but luckily Kim, who has been cooking for her dad for years, is handy in the kitchen and Georgie assigns her to back room duties.

Baffled by the Madsens and their fancy ways and with nothing to do during the day, Kim comes across an old snowboard; figuring that its just a wheelless skateboard she heads for the slopes. After face planting a few times, she meets Mikki (Duken), a crazy Finn (aren’t they all?) who takes her under his wing. Kim picks up the essentials fast and is soon performing 360s like a pro; impressed, Mikki tells her about the end of season snowboarding competition. Despite her inexperience Kim is tempted by the idea of the $25,000 prize money.

But in the meantime it's back to mopping and cooking – and falling for Jonny (Westwick), her boss’s son. Unfortunately he comes complete with posh girlfriend and his mother (Shields) is already naming her grandchildren. Still, there’s definitely a connection. So with a competition to win and a boy in her sights, Kim is pretty busy – can she pull it off?

Chalet Girl being a fairy story, the ending won’t come as a great surprise, but its a lot of fun getting there. The attractive young cast are all easy on the eye, there’s some beautiful scenery, some great snowboarding scenes and a general sense of fun. The film has an easy charm; aimed squarely at a teenage audience, its a great ride while it lasts. It has all the essentials of a sporting film including a training montage, plus a positive, if slightly facile, message of female empowerment; much as Blue Crush did a few years ago it marries adolescent yearning and extreme sports to good effect.

Reviewer Score: 7/10
Chalet Girl Film Review at Future Movies

Quote:
You're invited to attend an exclusive preview screening of Chalet Girl (cert 12A), an hilarious snow-mantic comedy featuring plenty of awesome snowboarding!

Sky Movies customers can see it before anyone else in the UK more than a month before it hits cinema screens on Wednesday 16 March.

A touching story about finding talent, staying true to yourself and achieving your dreams, Chalet Girl features an all-star cast including Felicity Jones, the uber-gorgeous Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl), Tamsin Egerton (St. Trinians), Bill Bailey, Brooke Shields and Bill Nighy (Love Actually).

You can choose from one of 29 preview screenings taking place across the country on 12 February. Make sure you’re quick though, as tickets are bound to go fast.

Tickets must be claimed by 5pm on 12 February 2011.
https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/h..._Twitter_Jan11

Last edited by Elbereth; 02-07-2011 at 04:19 AM
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cuteness! I want to see this so bad.

If anyone from the UK gets to see it this week, you have to tell me everything. Please?